Ohio-Cincinnati

wedding dress dry cleaning

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dry cleaners for a wedding dress, after it has been worn with the hem quite dirty?  I priced Widmer's, but they charge about $300 for cleaning and preservation.  That seems a bit expensive.  Any suggestions for a more reasonably priced cleaners that would do an excellent job?

Re: wedding dress dry cleaning

• edited December 2011
    I would use Atlas Cleaners in Newport, KY. They are super nice to work with and are very reasonable. I would highly suggest NOT going to Vanovers in the Reading Bridal district. I took my dress there prior to our wedding (sample dress) and they almost ruined it. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Sunshine Cleaners.  I bought my dress on craigslist and it was dingy, dirty, and smelly and they cleaned it beautifully for $126.  It only took a few days.  I didn't have my dress preserved, but I'm pretty sure they do that as well.

Based on econner's recommendations, my fella stopped by Atlas. and asked how wedding gown cleaning worked for them.  They told me that they send their dresses to Sunshine.  When I called Sunshine, they took time to explain things to me--I could tell that they cared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards