Snarky Brides

Parking fail (PIP)

...Cuz sometimes, blind people gotta drive too.  Snapped this photo this morning.

panther

Re: Parking fail (PIP)

• Ha!
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • This was on the news in my area not too long ago:

kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Oh good lord. I hate the way people park.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • betrothed - that's a MASSIVE parking fail. 

Was that a drunk driver?   Sheesh.
    panther
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    House parking.  It's the new parallel.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't see how the driver of that car could have been sober.  I'm also thinking he must have been flying down the road, hit a bump, and got a bit of air before hitting that building.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I hope the driver was okay.

A kid on drugs stole my car last summer and totaled it - he lived through this:

panther
  • I hate it when people park like idiots.

Two nights ago, in my town, a woman in a gas station parking lot pulled into reverse instead of drive.  She crashed into the gas station.  Winner.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• They showed this story on our local news the other day, too.
    http://www.ksat.com/video/24019754/index.html
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • "...the car that lost control"

Haha... ya think?  Damn
    panther
  • That's why I wanted my dad's Navigator. It turns on a dime and is easier to park than my stupid Sable.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Betrothed--that's insane. If the guy wasn't drunk then he needs to be off the road permanantly.

AATB--most of the time, when I see a car parked like that, I get the feeling that the driver has a huge sense of entitlement. "I can park whereever I damn well please, bitches!" kind of thing. The other day I was sitting in my car in a Public parking lot and watched a guy in a big truck take up 3 spaces by parking sideways (right up front, not way out in the back where no one goes), then get out and into the store like he didn't do a damn thing wrong. And there was a car behind hm that could have easily fit next to him if he'd parked right.
  • Seshat - I totally think that too.

This past winter I walked by a car that was parked in two spaces and it had just recently snowed.  Someone wrote on the window (in the snow) "Wish I could park here!" on the side of the halfway open parking space.

Do you ever feel like people who park like that also act like they rule the road?  I almost got side-swiped by a Hummer a couple weeks ago - I'm sure he couldn't see me in my little Malibu because he's so high up but I also like to think that since he's the guy in the Hummer, he thinks he can drive like a jackass and get away with it.
    panther
  • When people take up two spots like that, H likes to take is small car and jam in between them and the next one, usually on their driver's side so they can't get out. I wish I could do that with my car!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I left a note on a huge redneck truck that took up four parking spaces once. It said, "Your truck is fucking ugly, and you are a dumbass. I hope someone keys it just to piss you off. Learn to park." I was about 2 seconds from putting it on the windshield when I realized I'd written it on my work notepad, with my name and contact information clearly printed at the top. Ooops! I ripped off the header and stuck it on the truck. When I came out, someone had parked 2" from his driver's side door in a beat up piece of shiit car. That stranger became my BFF that day.
  • You should send it to www.badparking.wordpress.com.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_parking-fail-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d06fb241-3f99-44bf-9874-74ed6f6d5c45Post:ff89ca35-b58f-4670-8269-e49b09d3dd96">Re: Parking fail (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I left a note on a huge redneck truck that took up four parking spaces once. It said, "Your truck is fucking ugly, and you are a dumbass. I hope someone keys it just to piss you off. Learn to park." I was about 2 seconds from putting it on the windshield when I realized I'd written it on my work notepad, with my name and contact information clearly printed at the top. Ooops! I ripped off the header and stuck it on the truck. When I came out, someone had parked 2" from his driver's side door in a beat up piece of shiit car. That stranger became my BFF that day.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I love this story.

My stepdad does the same thing, parks right up against cars that are taking up spaces. He used to have a PA system in his old vehicle and if the person was still in the car he would annouce to everyone in the parking lot that there was an arrogant fvcker in row -- who thinks he rules parking spaces.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_parking-fail-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d06fb241-3f99-44bf-9874-74ed6f6d5c45Post:ff89ca35-b58f-4670-8269-e49b09d3dd96">Re: Parking fail (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I left a note on a huge redneck truck that took up four parking spaces once. It said, "Your truck is fucking ugly, and you are a dumbass. I hope someone keys it just to piss you off. Learn to park." I was about 2 seconds from putting it on the windshield when I realized I'd written it on my work notepad, with my name and contact information clearly printed at the top. Ooops! I ripped off the header and stuck it on the truck. When I came out, someone had parked 2" from his driver's side door in a beat up piece of shiit car. That stranger became my BFF that day.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I put notes on cars all the time.  The latest was a big old dually (who needs a dually in the freakin' city??) at the gym.  I put a note that said "If you can't fucking park it, don't drive it!" on the windshield.  Fuckers.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Haha Bec - I love that story.

I replied to a note left on my car once.  I'd been parking in pretty much the same spot in a parking lot that I paid to have a pass in for nearly a year, and one day I noticed that a little red Jetta (with no parking pass) was parking there.  Whatever, I just parked somewhere else.

One day the spot was open, so I parked there.

When I came out to leave for lunch I had a nasty note on my windshield, bitching me out for parking in "their spot," and that they "had my plate numbers."  Wtf?  The Jetta was also parked so close to my car that I had to enter it from the other side. 

I turned the note over and answered "I've been paying for this lot of a year and have parked here several times without incident.  If this truly is your spot, get a sign or something.  You have my plate numbers - TRY and get me towed."  After that I never saw the Jetta again - I have no idea who this person was, or where they worked or anything. 
    panther
  • Around here it's usually people in really nice cars who park between two spaces, presumably so that nobody will accidentally ding their car.  I'm always tempted to key the f*ck out of it.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_parking-fail-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d06fb241-3f99-44bf-9874-74ed6f6d5c45Post:7416a7f4-ef57-44df-9d94-d76b97f21932">Re: Parking fail (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Around here it's usually people in really nice cars who park between two spaces, presumably so that nobody will accidentally ding their car.  I'm always tempted to key the f*ck out of it.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]
    We get this too.  More often than not the car gets keyed.  I've always wanted to wait in my car until one of those owners comes out to find their car keyed.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • The street my office is on doesn't have a parking lane during rush hour. And at least once a week someone will leave their car in that lane anyway while they run in to get their starbucks or whatever. With a long line of cars honking behind them.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • The other day at the grocery store I work at, FI and I parked next to this pickup that was in the space a little sideways.  I had to suck in some major gut to get out of our truck as we were parked really close to the next car.  When we came out, FI intentionally hit the truck with his door.  The owner was in his truck and goes "hey did you know you hit my truck" and FI says "Yeah, I did, learn how to park."  I about died laughing.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards