Maine

I got Married!

The wedding was so much fun!  Everything I could have asked for (pics coming).

Ceremony:  Samuel Wilde Memorial Chapel in Portland - this is owned by the city of Portland, and they were really easy to work with.  I just picked up the keys the day before and dropped them in their mailbox the day after.  The chapel is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Florist: Lyndsey Loring Design, Dover, NH  - The flowers were gorgeous.  They looked just like the inspiration photos I sent her.  She was also the best price I found. I was so excited about the flowers.

Photographer:  Justin Lewis http://filmaperture.daportfolio.com/ - I've known him for about 15 years, so I'm partial... But he was really fantastic.  He took shots of EVERYTHING!  We did most of our photos down in the Old Port, and what I've seen already were exactly what I was looking for.  Bonus: we had a seal show up to celebrate with us while he was shooting.

Officiant:  Marilyn Amoroso, Southern Maine Officiant - This is the only thing I wasn't happy with.  She was late for our initial meeting, which should have said something to me, I suppose.  She was at the rehearsal on time, though.  She worked with us on the vows, but did everything else the way that she wanted it done.  I wanted my girls to walk alone, but she was having none of it.  She assured me that she would be at the Chapel at least a half hour prior to the ceremony, but I was appalled that she didn't show up until 10 minutes before the 4:00 start time.  She stuttered and fumbled through the ceremony because she was reading it and kept losing her place.  Luckily, our ceremony was only 10 minutes long.

Cake:  European Bakery, Falmouth - I have no words!  This was the best cake I've ever seen or eaten.  Helen was just wonderful.  She took our suggestions and ran with them.  It looked just like I wanted it to, but never thought possible.

Reception:  Purpoodock Club, Cape Elizabeth - They were great.  I just dropped off my decorations and they took care of everything.  Everything went so well that we were a little early, and they were able to accomodate that and get the party started early. They had a lounge set up for us and brought us drinks and appetizers while we waited to be announced and touched up our makeup.  They made sure I was aware of everything that was going and when it would happen.  The food was great - We had a buffet that was fresh and delish!  Wish I had been around more for cocktail hour, though, since the Thai Chicken Satay was so good!

DJ:  Tap Fitzgerald, Sideshow Music, South Portland - Tap was great.  He played every song in the list I gave them, and he embraced my love of the 80's.  Every time someone suggested a song that was outside of the 80's vision that I created, he would ask if that was okay.  Only one time did that happen - when some of our more elderly guests got up to do some swing-dancing to Glen Miller.  He made the flow of the evening seamless and had a great sense of humor. 

After Party:  Sea Dog, Topsham  - We finished the evening by heading up to our favorite watering hole for some Karaoke and a drink with friends.  I serenaded my new husband with some Journey Laughing, but I'm pretty sure I sound better in the car all by myself.

Overall, I give my day an A for Amazing!
August 28th, HERE I COME!

Re: I got Married!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Sounds like you had a fantastic day! Can't wait to see pics!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! Sounds like everything went great!! So glad you enjoyed the Purpoodock, my family's been members there for years, and it's a lovely setting!! Can't wait to see you pics, it sounds like your photographer came up with some great shots!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! We got married in the same chapel two weeks before... it's gorgeous!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Sounds like a pretty amazing day!  I can't wait to see pics! Especially of the flowers and the cake!  What kind of cake did you get from her, if you don't mind me asking?
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds fabulous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The cake's top and bottom tiers were Chocolate w/ Chocolate Buttercream & Fresh Strawberry filling, covered in Vanilla Buttercream with a Chocolate Ganache poured over the top.  The middle tier was the same, but with Vanilla cake.

Here are a couple more pics from the day...

Two of my maids:

Bridesmaid bouquet:

Pew decor:

More to come!!!

August 28th, HERE I COME!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards