Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Picture locations- Feeling Defeated

I need some suggestons for pictures location in and around the Akron/Cleveland area. My wedding day is the same day as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions so I don't even want to try to go downtown. Please help with suggestions.
December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Picture locations- Feeling Defeated

• Options
    East side or west side?
  • Options
    Defeated? What places have you looked into so far?

The Brooker Insurance Building in Strongsville is always a good bet, and at $75, inexpensive to rent. The inside has a 2 story lobby with winding staircase and mantle/fireplace. If the weather outside is good, you can also take pics on the back deck that overlooks the trees of the Metroparks (Bonnie Park area). It's about 20 min(?) south of downtown via I-71.

If you did want to attempt downtown, but stay away from the Rock Hall area itself, the Halle Building lobby (on Euclid, near E. 12th and the building borders Huron) rents for $50 for pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've tried Progressive filed, the zoo, I'm staying away from the Rock Hall. I've tired the Civic theater in Akron. i don't want to do the Brooker building because my future sister in law just did it. I have  a place in mind for a park but I need an indoor place. I haven't heard anything back from the Halle building. I can try Playhouse Square but they don't book till a month before. I've called the old Arcade  but they have a wedding that day. Believe me I've tried a lot of places.
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You also might try the Cleveland Public Library main branch downtown. The old architecture there is pretty.

You can also take pics at Crawford Auto museum for the price of admission for your group. It's in the University Circle area. Unfortunately, the art museum doesn't allow indoor pics. Severence Hall does though, and is BEAUTIFUL (expensive though).

Do you have any connection to universities in the area that may have a good spot for pics? Baldwin-Wallace, CWRU, John Carroll, just to toss some ideas out there?

There's a fountain in the lobby of the Cleveland Clinic Independence location, but I don't recall how photogenic the lobby itself is. It's been too many years since I've been in there.

Hudson Library has a nice lobby with huge staircase. If you're willing to go to Akron, maybe Hudson would be a possibility? Hudson's town square area would also make for some nice outdoor pics, as would Hudson Springs Park, about 10 min west of town. Hudson Springs Park has a wooded walking path, lake, playground equipment (on grass), picnic paviliions, etc. Lots to work with!

Good luck! I'll try and think of some others...
  • Options
    Hudson is too far away for us to go.
  • Options
    Scratch Crawford. I just read that they're closed for renovations for a few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards