January 2012 Weddings

GTKU Post = )

Well, we all suggested that we needed a GTKU post on this board--so I thought I would start it. Granted, it won't be a "sticky" but oh well. = )

Well, I'm Amber and I'm only 20 years old. Yep, I'm a baby = ). My fiance's name is Tyler and he's only 19. He's a redhead haha. We both work at Speedway as cashiers, different locations though. He was attending community college and majoring in film and video production. He wants to be a film producer.I was attending Cornerstone University in GR, MI majoring in family studies and minoring in social work. I want to be a family counselor, specializing in child abuse and step families. We are both taking a year off school to help get our lives a bit more settled.

I got my ring on December 24 2010 at like 2 in the morning. It was snowing, I was freezing and don't remember half of what my fiance said to me. It was a total shock and surprise.

Our wedding is Janurary 21st 2012. Wedding colors are marine and sunbeam (dark blue and a light yellow). We are inviting about 250 people, with 7 maids and men, four flower girls and two ring bearers. We have a budget and DIY wedding for sure. I've designed our save-the-dates and invitations and am baking the cake and making all the food. Our wedding style is simple, and a reflection of us as a couple and our favorite things.

My wedding planning process thus far has been slightly stressful. It's been hard to get my mother excited, while my FMIL is wayyyyyyyyy too excited. That and the party issue. But, I'm super excited to see how 13 months of planning will all pan out!

Feel free to PM me or respond and ask me any questions. I'm pretty friendly = )

09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook

Re: GTKU Post = )

• Wow! Everyones story is so unique! I love it! :) 

Not that I really have time to do this but I want to :) 

My name is Sarah and my fiance's name is Keoni and we were both born and raised in Maui, Hawaii. I am 20 and he is 21, we got engaged on the beach on August 1st, 2011 (is that the latest so far?). He surprised me by setting up a whole dinner on the beach, he washed my feet, told me how special I am to him and how much he loves me and wants to serve me. Then popped the question!! :D

We're getting married on the beach here on January 1st 2012 which gave me exactly 5 months to plan a wedding! We are so excited to see what adventures await us! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards