Florida-South Florida

How do you deal?

When family members ask you once and again ad nauseam:

HOW ARE THE WEDDING PLAAAANS GOING?

Usually I do the "Good :)" drill, but sometimes they expect ... details. And goodness forbid I say "Well I just booked my wedding planner" because I'll hear something like

"A wedding planner? You don't need one, you're so organized!"

I'd love to reply thanks, Aunt Hoopla, now stfu. Every decision made is questioned by people who 1. don't know what they're talking about, 2. aren't paying for squat, 3. think I'm WonderWoman.

Catch 22, no?

Okay, mini-vent over. Off to my Uncle's birthday. Smile and nod, Jen. Smile and nod.

PS: I don't have an Aunt called Hoopla lol.

Re: How do you deal?

• edited December 2011
    Lol...I just say everythings fine and when they ask for details I just say its a surprise...cant give away my secrets..lol
    Have fun at Uncles bday!
  • edited December 2011
    Jen, you are sooo funny :)
  • edited December 2011
    I know how you feel! and everyone will have a cousin's sister who is a wedding planner that you should have picked!! Im close enough now that I just say it's all done and they will see on the wedding day - but try something along the lines of "most of the big stuff is done and now its just details"  most people really dont want the details and if they do then you can talk about favors or something!  Have fun - happy birthday tio
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm screaming of annoyance for you!!! It's like SHUT UP People!!! LOLOL.  I agree with PP suggestions.  HAVE FUN and SMILE BRIDE
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I always saying going good. still lots to do but going good and smile =)

Have fun tonight!!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I usually tell them that its coming along well and that its pretty much all done.  I don't like to give out too many details if I can help it about what we are doing.
  • bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    totally agree with everyone!!! it's soooooo annoying!

I love you though! happy birthday to your uncle!
  • edited December 2011
    You're so right - it's ridiculously annoying!!!!! And I love how Adri mentioned the friend's sister's cousin who just HAPPENS to be a photographer/wedding planner/DJ's girlfriend that's the best in town. Give me a break! Hope you're having a good time @ your uncle's birthday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards