New York

A good idea turning bad... (sorry, it's lengthy)

So, according to my darling knot checklist, I should be working on my rehearsal dinner menu.
Once upon a time at the beginning of my planning (ha... man I miss those days sometimes) I had this genious idea to make our rehearsal dinner a welcome dinner for our OOT guests that would be arriving the day before.  Great.
We also decided to host said dinner at the cottage at Glenora, near where the reception will be held.  Awesome.
We are doing a BBQ/cookout w/ burgers, hot dogs, cold salads, etc.  Nothing fancy at all... very casual and informal.  This is a good thing.
I vista printed some super cute invitations to add to our OOT bags, letting the guests know that they are welcome to join us for dinner that night (assuming they will be checking in on Friday)
Insert problem here... me, in my infinite wisdom, set this up so that I will have absolutely NO idea how many people will be in attendance.  Crap.
We have to plan for food, plates, cooking supplies, pretty much everything.  Given that this is not at our home, we won't really be able to just order/make extra stuff and store it.  And, given that this is kind of in the middle of nowhere, it would be really awful to plan for less and not be able to feed our guests.
I was such a spazz about a head count for the reception that I mailed my invitations out without a single peep in them about the welcome dinner.
Now what?  lol   Sealed
I still have a ton of time to figure it out... I could always call or email each person traveling (about 100) and ask... but I think in my head I kind of pictured it as a nice surprise... bad bad bad idea.  I am really annoyed that I ignored a detail so important (will I be having 10 people or 100 people at the welcome dinner).
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: A good idea turning bad... (sorry, it's lengthy)

• edited December 2011

Oh Lord! Ok, first off..I read your title and thought 'Wlecome to my life!!' Ha.

But yeah Im a little shocked that you'd forget that little detail! But Im thinkin the only way to know for sure is to call them and ask. Hm. If I think of a better option Ill let you know, but as for right now Ive got nothin!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man... it's so not good, right?
    Possible to throw a surprprise party for one special surprise guest?  Yes.
    Throw a surprise party for an unindentified number of special surprise guests?  Dumb.
    Throw a surprise party for an undentified number of special surprise guests the day before your wedding?  Suicidal.

I'm an idiot.  lol
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards