Military Brides
Options

Trying to plan a wedding with no specific dates...

My boyfriend is currently deployed. We had every intention of getting engaged when he gets back but one week into his deployment he tells me that the latest he will have to report to his next duty station is the last week in November. Our plans got moved up 7 whole months. Which is the only reason we weren't engaged before the left. Now, I am stuck trying to plan a wedding with no dates. I don't know when he is coming back and I don't know when we're leaving so I have no idea how to set a date for our big day. It seems like it is next to impossible to plan anything without that info. Does anyone have hints/tips/suggestions? 

Re: Trying to plan a wedding with no specific dates...

• Options
    Is there a reason you have to be married before his next duty station?

TBH, it's going to be really difficult and tenative unless he's going to get some leave for certain between getting back and reporting to his next duty station. I would suggest that you wait until he gets to his next duty station to plan. I know that stinks, but that's really the only way you will know for certain that he will be able to be there. 

Regardless of what you decide, be sure you get military clauses in all of your contracts with vendors so that you can switch to a different date if his orders change. 

Welcome to the boards, tell us about yourself! Your wedding dreams?
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    You really don't need a lot of time to plan a nice wedding.  You may not have every thing you have ever dreamed up, but it can still be nice.  I would wait to set a date until you know when he can take leave after he gets back.  Be sure to have vendors include a military clause in your contracts in case anything changes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with the waiting until he gets to his next duty station.  It would be a lot easier to plan. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards