Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Facial Question

I have never had a facial before and FI got me a spa day package as a gift,for me to use the week before our wedding. This package includes a facial ( with Microdermabrasion) I have no idea if this will be a good thing to get the week before my wedding? 

Have any of you ladies ever done this? and how does it affect your skin? TIA

Re: Facial Question

• Options
    I got a facial (but no Microderm abrasion) before I was in a wedding a few years ago on a Wednesday for a Saturday wedding. I kind of wish I had done it Monday or Tuesday, but overall I wasn't disappointed. My skin just looked BETTER in the days after the wedding.
  • Options
    I don't think a week before the wedding is a good idea. I had my first facial ever a few weeks ago, and my skin looked kind of funky for a little over a week. I have very sensitive skin though, so you might not have any problems. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think the week before the wedding should be fine.  I wouldn't do it the week of though.  I sometimes break out after a facial -- although I got one on Saturday and I didn't so that just goes to show you never know.  Call and ask the salon what they recommend. 
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I just had a facial on Saturday and my face broke out. My wedding is in 3 weeks and Im praying it clears up. I've never have broken out this bad in my life.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think i'd risk it the week of the wedding since you've never had one before and don't know how your skin will react.  
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! I will call the salon and see what they recommend, but I have a feeling I am going to pass up on the facial all together and see if they can just extend my massage!  
  • Options
    Good idea to extend the massage. Facials should be tried and true. Dont' experiment this close to your date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Microderm can be rough if you have sensitive skin and new products are always risky so close to a big event so I would steer clear. See if they'll let you use that part of the package after the wedding...or if you can swap it out for other services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards