Virginia

I booked my venue!

So after the craziness with the Madison Loft and Terrace.  I took one of the fellow Knotties advice and checked out the Water Table!  It was amazing and we put down our deposit and signed the contract today! Yay!
Photobucket

Re: I booked my venue!

• edited December 2011
    Yaaaaaay!!!!  Congrats :)  We're having our reception there too :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think you were the one who suggested it!  Its amazing!  Thank you so much!  Where are you getting your linens though??  I haven't figured this one out yet!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Distinctive event rentals!  They're the only place I've seen around here for renting stuff that's really reputable (I'm sure there are probably some others, but that's who we saw eeeeeverywhere we looked).  That's where we're getting our chairs and whatnot from too.

Have fun filling the place- it's crazy to have to pick everything - caterer, photog, linens, chairs, etc.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Luckily I have everything else.  I just talked to my mom and she said our caterer was going to include our linens so I don't have to worry about that anymore.  But we are using distinctive event rentals for our chairs, silverware, glasses, and plates!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Im looking for a ceremony// reception site. Does the water table also allow for a cermony site, and does it have an outdoor space? What the price, is it pretty reasonable?

• edited December 2011
    They are making an outside space right now!  The price is $2500 for 12 hours and it includes all the tables you'll need and event set up/clean up.  If you'd like to use the outside space its an extra $500.  But the place is beautiful. Here is the website if you'd like to check it out.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Who'd you go with for catering greeneke? 

Carley- I know there are girls on here that have used the indoor space for both the ceremony and reception but I think the outside area would be great if it was ready by your date.  When I booked it wasn't even approved by the city yet so we didn't count on it (are doing ceremony at Botanical Gardens in Norfolk).
  • edited December 2011
    I think its been approved now because she was telling us everything about how they were going to build it and told us we could do a cocktail hour out there if we wanted.

I went to East Beach Catering.  Cathy is AMAZING.  She was the preferred caterer for the Madison and we originally were looking for someone else because my mom hadn't heard of her. So we had asked a friend that caters to do our wedding but she told us she didn't do weddings anymore :( but asked if we wanted the name of someone amazing and another caterer recommended East Beach so we felt totally comfortable using her.  Not to mention there are just ridiculous amounts of rave reviews about her and everyone who has been to a wedding catered by her said her food is perfect and phenomenal!!

Here is her facebook page it has lots of pictures!!

And apparently she does weddings at The water table all the time, not only was Deb excited when I told her Cathy was doing our catering but Cathy was so excited when I told her it would be at The Water Table.  So it seems like these two ladies love working together anyway!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!  My friend is using East Beach and I've heard great things about them- I think my photographer recommended them.  At the time we booked the Water Table they weren't on the list of preferred caterers so we never looked at them.  I think at the time the WT had only done a handful of weddings.  Our planner recommended two places that Deb also had on the list and we chose Cuisine & Company (they do a lot at the Chrysler).  Although I think we would have liked either place.  I def know East Beach is supposed to be good though!  Honestly we booked all our big stuff soooo early - I just picked stuff I liked without looking around all that much :)

We're supposed to be doing our tasting in June so I'm excited! 

Oooo I didn't think about a cocktail hour.  I'll have to ask Deb when she thinks it will be finished- it'd be nice to have the outdoor option for that!  We were planning on doing it by the fireplace/dancefloor.
  • edited December 2011
    I loooove the fireplace in there!  We are definitely keeping the lounge furniture!  When is your wedding??

Cuisine is the preferred caterer for the Chrysler so they have to use them but Cuisine I was looking into as well and have heard rave reviews about them too!

Ultimately we decided to not do the cocktail hour outside because my mom said she doesn't feel like rounding 125 people up to come upstairs and that we should keep it simple lol.  But I'm still on the fence because I feel like a cocktail hour out there would be so beautiful!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love to keep the lounge furniture but I think we can only really do it if we have the cocktail hour outside or somewhere else.  Not sure- we might try to keep it!  I still need to call Deb.  We're getting married 9/10/11 :)  Very excited- less than 4 months to go!!

We stopped by the other weekend and saw that the restaurant (Hooks) had closed and they ripped up the dock.  Deb said they are getting in a new restaurant by Todd Jurich June 1 and the dock should be finished sometime after that.  Is the outside area going to be on the back side on the water?  There was decking out there but I think it was used by the restaurant downstairs before.  We were just poking around when no one was there so we didn't go back to look.  FI would LOVE to do a cocktail hour outside but I'm just worried it'd be too hot in early September!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards