Missouri

KCMO Brides, what are you doing?

I am just now starting to kick off the planning for our wedding, and I'm thinking about doing the ceremony at Loose Park, but I dont even know where to begin for reception sites.  Anyone have any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
***January Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration***
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: KCMO Brides, what are you doing?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know if this will help but a friend of mine help her ceremony and reception at Longview Mansion. It was amazing! Happy planning!

Remember to think creatively when looking into reception venues. Lots of hotels have ballrooms, community centers work well, a college or university might have a ballroom or large conference room you can rent.

Also, I do believe there is also a KC board so you might check there too. I think the Missouri board is normally pretty dead!
  • edited December 2011
    HI scissotron! Briana is right- Longview Mansion is BEAUTIFUL! That is in Lee's Summit so I don't know how close you want your wedding to be to the city. Loose Park is GEORGEOUS!! I wanted to take my pictures there, but I had a July wedding, so you do the math.Wink Haha that didnt work out. My wedding took place eintirely on the Plaza. I had alot of OOT guests, so I wanted the wedding to be close to a bunch of nice hotels so they could have nice places to stay. My ceremony was at the unity temple, and my reception was at the Intercontinental hotel, and I loved it! It was amazing! I don't have a bio, but I cam PM you some pics if you want. There are lots of other cool venues around the plaza too, both for a ceremony and.or reception. We also looked at the Loose Mansion which is really nice as well. Let me know if you need any more help!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Hi scissotron.  Defintely check out the Kansas board.  If you haven't chosen a photographer yet, I recommend Jesse Blacklaw.  She did an INCREDIBLE job with our engagement pictures and has some great ideas for our wedding photographs.  Check out our pictures on her website (http://jesseblacklawphotography.zenfolio.com/p267961493) to get a look at her work.  And her prices are more than fair.

Hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you all.  i've found an ad for adams pointe golf club in blue springs, and they seem to be pretty fairly priced for a ceremony and reception.  i need to call them this week to set up a meeting.  my fiance is the only one who works, so we are working off of a very limited budget for our wedding.  i think i may try to hire a friend for the music and photos.  now i just need to know where i can go to get my hair and makeup done, and well, cuz im gonna need some color in my hair as well as style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually a Mary Kay consultant and specialize in wedding makeup.  Feel free to call me at 703-624-8731 or email me at lgoodman@marykay.com for a complimentary  bridal makeover for you and your bridal party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i am going to email you right now just so that i have some sort of reminder in my gmail.  thank you so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards