Students

Best book for new GRE?

Our wedding is September 1 ... and once all the excitement has settled, I want to start studying for the GRE's and apply for grad school to start in Spring 2013.  There are a lot of study books out there, but which one have you found to be the best? Should I get more than one? Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Best book for new GRE?

• I purchased, "Cracking the New GRE." 
    ISBN-10: 0375428194 

I'm starting my study this fall, continuing in the spring and set to take the test next summer. 

Good luck!
    Stenersonsquad.v
  • I used the Kaplan books for both SAT in high school and GRE to get into grad school. I love them (although I can't speak for how it is on the new GRE, I took it in 2010 before it changed). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_best-book-for-new-gre?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:c6d6abd7-fdfd-4352-9953-c693a67ae0dePost:03a7c783-52cc-49d6-8926-9fcfa382c36d">Best book for new GRE?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is September 1 ... and once all the excitement has settled, I want to start studying for the GRE's and apply for grad school to start in Spring 2013.  There are a lot of study books out there, but which one have you found to be the best? Should I get more than one? Thanks!
    Posted by KBSK12[/QUOTE]

<div>I really like the Princeton Review one. I used that and the one the ETS put out and I really preferred the Princeton Review one.</div>
  • lgoin1lgoin1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Princeton Review got the best ratings when I was looking, and I liked mine quite a bit.  Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I studied with GRE for Dummies (it is actually based on the old exam - but I took the new format; I was right at the switch-over period). I got an aswesome score and loved the book -- I also used their ACT one in high school. Its simple, has practice exams, and is only $20.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards