California-Los Angeles

QOTD

Have you ever been skiing or snowboarding?  Are you good at it?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• edited December 2011
    I grew up in Massachusetts so you'd think I would know how to ski, but my family never had the extra money for me to learn so I have never been skiing.  Oh well...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't stand the cold....so no way.
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Nope, I don't know but I would love to do it one day!

• nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Yeah!!!!  I looooove skiing!  I grew up in Pennsylvania (Go Steelers!) and have been skiing since I was a little kid.  I used to go all the time there, but since moving out here 12 years ago, I haven't been very much.  Cry  I have made it to Big Bear and Mammoth, though!  It's definitely different than the ski resorts in PA!  It's so cool!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've made a snow angel, a snowman, and had snowball fights (so not as fun as in the movies... it freaking hurts!) but no skiing or snowboarding.  In my defense I grew up in Florida so there weren't many (read any) chances.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I started skiing in high school and was int he ski club (we'd go on Friday nights in the winter). I went a few times in college, and then I didn't go for 6-7 years until I went to Mammoth last February. I'm sort of beginner-intermediate still, lol. (But I'm from upstate NY, so there were resorts near us.)

My dad is a pretty good skiier but he rarely goes and he never taught me when I was little. If he had, I think I'd be better at it.

My aunt and uncle were so into skiing that they moved to Utah in 1976. My uncle taught at some ski resorts part time (more after he retired). I think he taught at Alta and possibly Snowbird.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • akavanaghakavanagh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to. I started skiing when I was 11 and switched over to snowboarding in high school...it was the "cool" thing to do! However, during my jr. year of college I broke a joint in my back and I never have gone back to it. I contemplate going back to skiing because it would be easier on my back and hips, but I don't really want to re-learn since I know I would be WAAY slower than everyone else in my fam.

Maybe it works out for the better since FI cant ski/snowboard either.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I've been skiing once.  It was fun!  I love the snow, and was supposed to go this year, but I just hung out at the house in front of the fire and didn't get up to the mountain.  I was lazy.  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards