Maine
Options

Sunday River Brides!

My fellow SR Brides,

Have you planned out your hair yet? Are you bringing someone in or are you using a local salon? Any salon recommendations? I live in Boston and I was considering asking my stylist here to come up for the day/weekend to do my (very big...8 maids) bridal party's hair. Thoughts?

Also, which venue are you using at SR? I'm using the Grand Summit Ballroom (I think it's the only one that could fit the wedding size...). 

Thanks for the advice in advance! Kiss
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: Sunday River Brides!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i also am a sunday river bride! 2/12/11!! yay! im getting married at ski esta a private estate i rented for the weekend. (www.skiesta.us) we are having about 50 guests. i also am having a hard time finding someone for hair, even people around here wont travel that far for extra :( so if you find anything let me know please!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married 6/25/11 at the Grand Summit Ballroom :)
    My regular hair salon is called Island Indulgence, which is the town of Rumford (about 30 minutes from Bethel).  Since all of my girls and I live in the area, we are going to their salon on the day of the wedding, but they are willing to travel for a small fee.  All updos are $35 each, and I think it was an extra $5 for them to travel to Bethel.  I see Lisa there, and she is great.  They are also doing my make-up, for $25. 
    If you need any other recommendations, let me know :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dmcphee - Thank you for the tip! I'll check out that salon next time I'm up there. :) I just was back at the grand summit a week ago - I really know that I made the right choice. I'm super excited...and I wish I didn't have to wait until October!!

Amanda - looks like a beautiful venue...and thanks to dmcphee we have a recommendation for a salon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the ski esta too, but my hairdresser is on my guest list so she will do me and my 4 girls.  But that's all she can do so I am working on finding another salon for the moms, flower girls and junior bridesmailds.  I was thinking of the I DO salon, which travels, since I figured we could maybe bring someone in to do manicures and massages that day too.  Our ceremony is not until 5pm with a first look around 3pm, so we'd have time to do it all.  I might check out that other salon too since they are much more affordable.   
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    Tegan44Tegan44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello.  I am a Ski Esta Bride as well, and also live in Boston!  WE are getting married Oct 2011.  I love reading what other Ski Esta brides are planning, so thanks for sharing details.  My hair dresser is also on my guest list so that is once less think to worry about.  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yay Skiesta Brides!  :) 

Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_sunday-river-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:5e873905-f1d5-4c07-83a4-11c212d879d7Post:74fd740d-a3e5-4d00-ab7b-d88cdccac74d">Re: Sunday River Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello.  I am a Ski Esta Bride as well, and also live in Boston!  WE are getting married Oct 2011.  I love reading what other Ski Esta brides are planning, so thanks for sharing details.  My hair dresser is also on my guest list so that is once less think to worry about. 
    Posted by Tegan44[/QUOTE]

Oh, and go to the Ski Esta Brides thread and share what you're planning.  I would love to hear all about it!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    Tegan44Tegan44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is Ski Esta Brides threads???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards