Canada

Wow this board is dead...

I keep checking back to see if anything's going on.... Where did all the Canadian brides go? lol

Re: Wow this board is dead...

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, it is.  I think many are on month boards or specific places in Canada if there is a board for it.  Toronto is much busier!  Any recent brides, share your wedding day story, or those brides to be - how are you feeling, what has been done, what still needs to be done, shower and party stories, etc.!
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya, I check out the TO board occasionally, we're not getting married in TO but my sister lives there so close enough to take advantage of some of the great finds :) I am a regular on my month board and the DIY board, just wanted to drum up some talk on this one lol
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe the heat has something to do with how quiet it is on here because everyone is out in a pool or a/c location keeping cool.  

Not much going on with me these days and our wedding plans are on hold because we are living on just one income....I lost my job a year ago in the spring and decided to go back to school last fall to finish my degree and improve my employment options.  At this point all a wedding would do is make things legal so we are not in a big hurry right now.  I know we could do the civil ceremony but I have always wanted to have the dream wedding so we are waiting until we can afford it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wow-this-board-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:4ef070a9-0a04-4cf6-b861-0fe512fada7cPost:0c4089cf-8545-4e8e-b7ce-62974ed101fd">Re: Wow this board is dead...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe the heat has something to do with how quiet it is on here because everyone is out in a pool or a/c location keeping cool.   Not much going on with me these days and our wedding plans are on hold because we are living on just one income....I lost my job a year ago in the spring and decided to go back to school last fall to finish my degree and improve my employment options.  At this point all a wedding would do is make things legal so we are not in a big hurry right now.  I know we could do the civil ceremony but I have always wanted to have the dream wedding so we are waiting until we can afford it.
    Posted by Nat&Pete[/QUOTE]

I def completely respect that approach, better than the people that finance the whole thing and then wonder why they are in debt up to their eyeballs after!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't had a lot of time to come on here lately, although there hasn't really been anything to post on here either, hehe.

I'll be able to AW some wedding pics right away!  I like AWing.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wow-this-board-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:4ef070a9-0a04-4cf6-b861-0fe512fada7cPost:a65c95cf-a447-4a2c-a2ec-db2bf7934dd0">Re: Wow this board is dead...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow this board is dead... : I def completely respect that approach, better than the people that finance the whole thing and then wonder why they are in debt up to their eyeballs after!
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

Finances is one thing we are both pretty level headed about.  I have seen so many posts on here and some wedding shows on tv that just make my jaw drop due to the expenses and extravagances. 

I thought I would share some of the plans we have sorted out already.  We both have simple but elegant tastes and what we have decided on is a small but tasteful wedding.  We have made some basic decisions on a few things but can't move forward until we figure out when and where our wedding will be held.  We are looking at May/June or Sept/Oct so one thing we are not sure about is if it will be outside or not considering our Canadian weather.  I have colors picked (pink, brown, ivory) and have looked at a few dresses but haven't put down any deposits yet (Bonny for bridal and After Six for BM) Centrepieces is something else that I have been thinking about and I do want something with flowers in a glass vase but am not sure if they will be real or silk flowers due to family allergies.

Cocktail hour is not common in our families but since many guests will be out of town we were thinking about having some finger foods like fruit, veggies, cheese, crackers, etc in between the ceremony and the reception at the hotel where the rececption will be held.  Most of the time guests just get invited to someone's house for wine and finger foods at local weddings.
  • kaitlyn20kaitlyn20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Its almost 13 months till i get married :) yay...I have booked the venue and the photographer..we have done the engagement shoot and we are doing another one tomorrow yay :D ill post pictures when we get to see them ..
    are also going to hopfully book the dj, cater and florist next week :D ive looked at wedding dresses but still havent found the perfect one

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the reason its so dead here is because no one posts anything and when someone does it takes forever to get a response.  I rarely come over here anymore because theres nothing ever going on.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah the Toronto board is more chatty! I've been so busy lately wrapping things up before my mat leave, but I'm now officially on leave so I've got some more time on my hands until the little one arrives...

Nat&Pete, sorry about the job & finances situation :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ringy - can't believe your ticker says only 16 days to go!!!  You must be so excited, and your nursery looks great! :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wow-this-board-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:4ef070a9-0a04-4cf6-b861-0fe512fada7cPost:f588f131-e6ca-44d3-990e-a39abbd151c7">Re: Wow this board is dead...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ringy - can't believe your ticker says only 16 days to go!!!  You must be so excited, and your nursery looks great! :)
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]
    I knowww I'm sooo close! Actually my "official" EDD is the 18th which is a week earlier than what the ticker says (the ticker is based on charting) so DH keeps telling people that I'm due in a week. Could be any day now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well good luck, I'm glad you have a bit of time to prep and relax before the big day.  A good friend and coworker went off the week before and ended up having the baby Friday night the day she went off!  When you are up to it, post on here.  I'm sure I will see updates on FB!!!  Can't wait to see Baby Ringy too!  Do you chat on The Nest/The Bump for Toronto ever?  Those boards seem to be pretty slow too!
  • edited December 2011
    I was sort of feeling this too... and have kind of been feeling left out because I'm not from Toronto :P 

ring-pop: That's super exciting about your baby! Hoping your delivery goes well! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the well wishes!
    Littlin... no, I haven't been posting on the local boards on the Nest/Bump... they're even quieter than here! I'm more active on my month boards though, and a few others on the Nest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wow-this-board-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:4ef070a9-0a04-4cf6-b861-0fe512fada7cPost:79a565f9-a18d-4a4f-91ed-3d84781009a7">Re: Wow this board is dead...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was sort of feeling this too... and have kind of been feeling left out because I'm not from Toronto :P  ring-pop: That's super exciting about your baby! Hoping your delivery goes well! 
    Posted by Debbie4020[/QUOTE]

I agree... its a joke with my sister and I because she's on here looking through a lot of stuff too and is from TO so she was saying she'd have an active board when her day comes (she and her bf are at the point its anytime now :) )
  • edited December 2011
    There are also other forums that caters to Canadian brides... Wedding Bells dot ca is a great place I have found. I actually use the planning tools from the Knot but I use the weddingbells forum as well as the Livejournal community weddingplans as there are more advices on there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards