August 2012 Weddings

How do you

How do you address the envelopes? I have both the inner and outer but what exactly goes on each??
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image253 Invited
image123 Accepted
image53 Declined
image99 Leavin' Me hangin
RSVP Date: August 5, 2012

Re: How do you

• I did the full address on the outer envelope to the person(s) being invited.  On the inner envelope I put the individual names of everybody invited :  parents & children or friend and SO or name of friend + guest if we allowed that individual a random +1.  

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mr and mrs blah blah blah goes on the outer, correct? Do we say and kids here and inside?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
  • I don't know the exact etiquette on this, but here's what I did. 

Outer envelope: 
    Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
    and family 
    Address
    Address

Inner: 
    John and Jane
    Bobby and Susie (kids) 

I think appropriate etiquette is actually to put Mr. and Mrs.Smith rather than John and Jane on the inner envelope, but I decided that was too formal for our crowd. 

For guests with +1, I just used their name on outer envelope (i.e., Mr. John Smith) and on the inner, their name and guest (i.e., John and guest or John and Jane, if I knew the guest's name).

Hope that helps! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great thanks! I'm starting them tonight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
  • Oh! Do you send invites to your wedding party?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_how-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e00ec447-3dd2-457f-8e8e-83e3f5e13104Post:e2da9781-1053-457a-a747-a3a12ba24c2b">Re:How do you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mr and mrs blah blah blah goes on the outer, correct? Do we say and kids here and inside?
    Posted by holycrapitsalexa[/QUOTE]

I didn't do kids on the outer only on the inner envelope. 

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes you should send invites to the wedding party even though they are obviously (hopefully?) attending! :o)
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't send them to the WP because they asked me not to.  They told me that they knew when and where the wedding was and there was no need to pay for extra invites and postage for them.  But that was their choice.  Ask your WP.
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards