Missouri

Peabody's Farm and Guesthouse in Republic, MO

Has anyone looked at or had your ceremony/reception at Peabody's Farm in Republic, MO? I am very interested in this place, but cannot get their website to load for some reason. Anyone have any info? (I emailed them but haven't heard anything yet....) Thanks!

Re: Peabody's Farm and Guesthouse in Republic, MO

• edited December 2011
    marie.nicole9193@yahoo.com
    marie*nicole wedding and small event planning
  • eomohundroeomohundro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into this place and emailed them some time ago... and have heard nothing. I am not sure why their website doesn't work, but that  makes it a little more difficult to get an idea about the place.

Have you seen the wedding photos on ruffledblog.com of the wedding at Peabody's? Um. Fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing... I've seen some amazing wedding photos from there, but I was hoping to find a website or email address.  :(
  • edited December 2011
    I heard that they are taking a year off.  They won't be doing more weddings until 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm that's strange that they are taking time off.  I just looked into their site in the Summer so I guess it was something they recently decided.
  • edited December 2011
    I called this place in March. My wedding is in September 2011. The man said they were not scheduling for 2011 untill May. I called them back in July. He said that they have decieded to take the year off in 2011. This is a wonderful place to have a country wedding. Maybe if we all beg them to open, they will. lol
    I live about 15 miles from them. I hope they would reconcider taking the whole year off. The phone number is 417-224-2699
  • edited December 2011
    Um Im calling tomm. Praying tonight that they've changed their minds. I have been seraching for a location for 9 months and this is THE ONE I want. BEAUTIFUL for the vintage wedding enthusiast!
  • edited December 2011
    This farm really is gorgeous, it makes me sad to think they are taking the year off. My cousin is getting married in Sept and really wanted to look at using them!
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    we are back on as of today!  We have some really exciting things we have included in our packages and are ready to provide AWEsome wedding.  Do NOT hesitate to call or email us again.  4172242699 or 4172242356.  Email:  peabodyliving@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are Back...   We cant stay away so we are going to do weddings for the 2011 season.  We will get our website back up soon and look for us on facebook in a few days.  If you need immediate info, call us at 417-224-2699,  Ron Peabody at Peabody's Farm.  CAll now as we will book up fast !!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    There lies the problem with Peabody's.  I had my wedding there and it was tough communicating with them.  This is not their full time gig and therefore I did not recieve professional results.  I was told one thing, then down the road told another, it was a bit stressful dealing with management.  A beautiful place, but definitely best for smaller weddings.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I called to fine out some information from them and I think they are really over priced!!! They charge 2500 dollars for the venue, tables, chairs and some centerpieces. You also have to use them as a caterer at 10 dollars per head at least. Their reasoning is if you choose a caterer whos food does not taste good it reflects on them. I think this is the most stupid ogic I have ever heard for many reasons.

There is another barn here in town that does a MUCH better package than Peabodies does and seems wayyyy more organized and easy to deal with. If you want their name page me on the May 2011 board and I will give you their info. THeir package is almost the same price and includes fireworkds, photog, cake, photo booth, and I believe a dDJ even. This is just my honest opinion as someone who is planning her own wedding and helping my cousin plan hers as well.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We appreciate all comments and recommendations on how we can improve our farm.  I need to clarify a few things from the two previous comments.  First,  We are a small family farm that enjoys allowing people to hold there weddings on our property.  We learn new things everytime we do one.  We then try to improve our property to meet our bride's needs.  As for the Catering.  There must have been a misunderstanding.  We recommend you use our preferred caterers because we know they provide a good service at our venue...  And is $10.00 too much for a full meal at a wedding.   A super sized value meal at Mcdonalds is $7.99.  Oh well. we cant please everyone.   Remember this brides........  She mentioned another place that provides so much more including DJ and such........  Buyer Beware.  We try to be as realistic with you on total cost for  great wedding.   We will take these comments and evaluate what to do with them......They are right..  we both have regular real jobs.  If you need to  talk to use 3 times a week prior to your wedding date we are not the location for you.....   Remember this....  Hold your wedding Coordinators acountable for what you payed them to do.....
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE PEABODY'S FARM AND THE FAMILY THAT OWNS THIS FARM!! I had my wedding there almost 2 years ago and it was AWESOME!!! I have awesome pics and the wedding was everything I had ever dreamed of!!! I was not over charged for anything!!! The family is very nice, very helpful and very patient!!! I highly recommend Peabody's farm!!!!!

Carrie
  • I am looking into have my wedding there but i have a price range do they work with you on a price range?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards