Getting in Shape

Bikram yoga

I have never taken it, but have taken a pilates class before and a regular yoga.  Just wondering who does it and how do you like it?  I found a really good deal on groupon that would save me 100 dollars. 

Re: Bikram yoga

• I used to do it a few years ago and I loved it. I would get the groupon, it can be real expensive. I'd love to go back but it's not in the budget.
  • I love it. 
    Take it easy. I consider myself a bit of a yogini but even after skipping a season (no way can I handle Bikram during summer) I will start up slowly and take options when I get light headed. 
    I always do well the first half of class.. it's the second half that hits me like a ton of bricks when I overdo myself. 

Towel. gallon of water. don't be afraid to sit for a pose or two when need be (you won't be the only one) and you'll be golden :) 
  • Thanks for the replies.  I think 40 dollars for 10 classes is a really good deal! 
  • Especially for someone who wants to try it out for the first time.  If I hate it... oh well, it was only 40 bucks to try it out. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_bikram-yoga-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:9d8ac780-6d24-48cc-891e-e409af2ce777Post:8e1f8d4d-0cf1-4b08-accb-09063e0304f4">Re: Bikram yoga</a>:
    [QUOTE]Especially for someone who wants to try it out for the first time.  If I hate it... oh well, it was only 40 bucks to try it out. 
    Posted by shaina925[/QUOTE]
    Prehydrate!!!! It is so sweaty and hard, but the results are amazing!
  • I tried Bikram after doing years of Vinyasa flow yoga, and I was not a huge fan. For me vinyasa classes have more spirituality to them. Also, if you're not careful you can really overstretch your muscles and injure yourself!  Nonetheless, bikram is at least SOME exercise if you're trying to get in shape for your Big Day.  
  • I love it! Similarly to firsttimersluck, I also take the summer off. I love going to a class later in the evening, say 9:00 pm, coming home and showering and then heading straight to bed (while drinking tons of water). I wake up feeling energized and refreshed.
    Tara & Jesse September 2014 Visit The Knot!
  • Addison456Addison456 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I ike the bikram yoga and taking regular classes for the bikram yoga. 
    It is a perfect workout for the physical fitness and diseases control. 
    It remove the mental disturbances more efficiently as compare to any other kind of exercise.

http://adamprowse.com.au/    Health Maitland
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards