Wedding Reception Forum

Nature/outdoor wedding theme for an indoor wedding?

I have always wanted an outdoor wedding, but decided that having my wedding in the church that I grew up in was the best decision for various reasons. What if I made my wedding theme nature? I'm on a tight budget so I'm not sure how plausible this would be. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do for my nature-esque wedding theme on a budget? Is this even possible?
Thank you for your help & please be respectful :)

Re: Nature/outdoor wedding theme for an indoor wedding?

• find some tree branches from a tree before it blooms, spray paint then black or silver. Then hot glue fake orchids or roses to the branches. it's about the cheapest thing you can do. to buy branches online they are alot of money... mine were free from my back yard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2011
    Think about having your center pieces double as favors.  I helped in a wedding where the center pieces were small terra cotta pots with ribbons glued around the top in the wedding colors that were planted with 3 or 4 different plants and grouped together.  Ours included alyssum and 3 different types of ground cover. I recommend planting them at least a month ahead to give them time to establish and grow a bit or bloom so they don't look so wimpy and last minute.

Ask a near by nursery about renting larger plants like trees or shrubs.  I have been considering this for months and was pleased to see the idea used in the royal wedding :)

In place of a guest book we will have a "well wishes" tree. There is another name for it but it always escapes me.

Flowers, flowers, flowers!! Go for more non-typical types, stroll around your neighborhoods and Saturday markets for ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards