Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Anyone heard of micweddingdresses.com?

Anyone had experience with this website? There's a manuel mota design i'm crazy about, but could never afford and i ran across this website that makes replicas and offers the same design. Aside from the ethical debate about whether its right to replicate the dress or not, I'm also wondering if it's a legitimate company? My gut tells me its too good to be true... but thought I'd ask in the off chance someone's used them.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone heard of micweddingdresses.com?

• Options
    I'd go with your gut..too good to be true. Read a few posts down there are posts about ordering online and overseas and a lot of the dresses come nothing like the dress is supposed to be and with crappy quality. Check the reviews online, some websites like this do ok, but do you want to risk it?
  • Options
    mmm, i have checked their wedding dresses blog at www.micweddingdresses.com/blog , dresses are not bad .
  • Options
    did you ever get the dress??
  • Options
    hpy4u2hpy4u2 member
    First Comment
    I ordered my wedding dress from them and it is perfect. I thought it was to good to be true, they emailed me pictures, they replied to questions fast and I figured at that price I could take a chance. Laughing
  • Options
    They were horrible for me.  They sent me a dress that was supposed to be tea length.  It was 21 inches long and didn't even cover my butt.  Instead of re-making the dress the correct way, they wanted me to buy another.  They wouldn't refund my money.  All in all, a horrible HORRIBLE experience.
  • Options
    I had a similar experience. I oredered my dress, and they made the wrong dress and kept telling me they made the right dress. I would have never ordered that type of dress! Then they didn't want to refund and wanted me to pay to have another one made.

To yop it off they still shipped the dress even though I told them not to and it came in a 15 1/2 inch by 12 inch dhl plastic bag. They shoved the wedding dress in a bag the length of  of a subway footlong bag!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_anyone-heard-of-micweddingdressescom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:41f3d427-5a3c-4d6a-a2ad-47a7c40e5fb2Post:21cdcd12-2568-4a26-91a3-f460b410c878">Re: Anyone heard of micweddingdresses.com?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They were horrible for me.  They sent me a dress that was supposed to be tea length.  It was 21 inches long and didn't even cover my butt.  Instead of re-making the dress the correct way, they wanted me to buy another.  They wouldn't refund my money.  All in all, a horrible HORRIBLE experience.
    Posted by jthurston11[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I just received my dress in the mail today from micweddingdresses.com. I browsed many sites for a dress I liked and sent them the photos and asked them for a quote. Then, I kept in constant contact with them throughout the process, gave them my measurements, my fabric preferences, asked them lots of questions and for pictures etc. They were relatively responsive though their English was shotty, as expected. 

I absolutely love my dress! It looks exactly like the pictures they sent me. I received it less than a week after they told me they shipped it, which is surprising since I've ordered from other HK companies before and have waited much longer for the packages to arrive. 

I still need to get dry cleaning for the dress as it was wrinkled in the shipping process, but that was expected. For the $200 I paid for this custom made dress, I could spare a couple of bucks to have it dry cleaned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards