Georgia-Atlanta

Down and Dirty CHEAP Wedding Photography

Hello ladies!
I'm talking $500 or less, for a nice photographer in the Atlanta to North Georgis area with a decent camera who will give me the pics on a disc.

We are on a super tight budget and, while I so admire some of the photography I have seen, $1,200 for the day is almost half my entire wedding budget!

Any ideas? Student photographers are welcome too! I'm starting to get a little panicked about this, even with five months to go!

Thanks so much in advance,
Lisa

Re: Down and Dirty CHEAP Wedding Photography

• edited December 2011
    If you find anyone let me know too! Our budget is tight like that and photographers even friends of the family have been so expensive!
  • edited December 2011
    Sent you a PM with some questions in regards to date, time, etc.  I have a friend that does weddings and to get her foot in the door/build her wedding portfolio, she has some awesome prices.

@Marianne - I'll send you her info, too though you may be a little far for her.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_down-dirty-cheap-wedding-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:73bbc9ba-fb0f-4f05-b59f-c72655e4c95ePost:2e1606de-1a06-4525-884a-405ea01e08ec">Re: Down and Dirty CHEAP Wedding Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sent you a PM with some questions in regards to date, time, etc.  I have a friend that does weddings and to get her foot in the door/build her wedding portfolio, she has some awesome prices. @Marianne - I'll send you her info, too though you may be a little far for her.
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]

Okay, I will check it out, lol the worst that can happen is she says no. Right now we've got nothing!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Jessica Worthan Photography!  I know last time I spoke with her she was running a special.  HTH!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
  • ritakellyritakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rebecca Bunch is inexpensive (but not less than $500). You can check out her website here: click.
    I think that her price is REALLY reasonable but I understand a budget is a budget.
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.splashoflifeportraits.com/

She starts at $550. Don't know all the ins and outs, but can't hurt to check it out!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    greencheekphotography.com

he has hourly rates if you only need him for a little while.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Hi Lisa,

Congratulation on  your upcoming event.  Are you still looking for Photographer? if so please sent me your e-mail address to tpatel2029@gmail.com.  I know someone who can do it for $500.00. They did my wedding.

Thanks

• edited December 2011
    I'm looking to get married in November and I'm in the same boat.  We are on a very tight budget but would like the most we could get, as far as quality goes, for photos.  It would just be the two of us at the ceremony, so we'd only need the photographer for 1-2 hours to allow time for getting some good shots.  We'd like to spend less than $1000, if possible.  Thanks!
  • msstew01msstew01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hydrophile,

Can I get that PM with photography information sent to me as well?!
  • edited December 2011
    kCe Photography. If all you are interested in is a CD with copyright release, I can help you. Send me a message if you're interested. I TOTALLY understand wedding prices and how insane some photography can be. kCePhotography@mail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if you're still looking, but PM me, I might be able to help!
  • Check out www.fotografieatlanta.com.  I manage a band called Mixed Company.  Mixed Company has been performing for weddings in the Southeast since 1989.  Being in this business we have seen the work of literally hundreds of photographers and we have heard the good and bad from our clients about many of them. We have never seen a respectable photographer for $500 but we have run across a few who do very good work in the $1000-$2000 range.  I think www.fotografieatlanta.com is hard to beat for that price range.  They do great work and the last time I looked they had a package for around $1100.  But they have budget packages as well.  I have only one photo from my own wedding because I chose to hire a budget photographer.  All of his photographs were either over-exposed or under-exposed.  The only photo we have of the two of us is one that was snapped by the Maid of Honor with her 35mm.  It isn't professional looking like the ones you see on fotografie atlanta's web site, but it is what we have.
  • Hydrophile: Can you send me your friends info? My wedding is August 25, 2012 and am on a tight budget as we have already gone way over on the rest of the wedding.
  • Hi I plan this big wedding which fell through due to health reason not going to let that stop us so now that Leave me and my finance getting married alone. We just looking for some one to take our pic for a hour in a nice park in Atlanta ga on the 27th.
  • http://www.leisurefoto.com/pricing.php

4 hours for $599

The prices were $599 for 7 hours, but I think they realized the prices were too low. I have a contract with the $599 for 7 hours though. I used them for my engagement pictures and they were amazing. The price comes with dvds and rights to all the pictures. It is also 2 photographers (it is a couple).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I know someone... she is awesome...she did my friends wedding started out doing newborn/portraits and is now starting do do weddings so she does them cheap right now ... her facebook is www.facebook.com/brittanynealphotography I think she does them for $500
  • Try Andrew Terrell Atlantaartstudios.com He might be willing to work with you to come up with a package that meets your needs. He did for us.

• Try Andrew Terrell Atlantaartstudios.com He might be willing to work with you to come up with a package that meets your needs. He did for us.
    zombie threads and spamming the boards isn't cool

@knotporscha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not spamming! Lol I'm just going through my local board to see what advice I can offer, and he happens to be a great find for us! Just wanting to help out. Why are there so many uptight people on here? Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards