Maine
Options

DJ suggestions?

I'm looking for a suggestion for a disc jockey in southern Maine (Kennebunkport/Wells) for our December wedding. What I want is someone who is really a great personality not just reading a script, if you know what I mean? I value the music above most things.

thanks in advance! :-)

Re: DJ suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I really liked Dan from Northeast DJs in Portland (there would have been no travel fee for him to come to us in Freeport, and I don't think he'd charge to go south of Portland).  Great personality, really enthusiastic yet professional.  We are not going with him only because we ended up changing our mind and deciding on a band, but I would definitely check him out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Northeast DJ's but the cost was more than we had budgeted.  We are out in Bethel, so there were travel fees added.  We ended up booking Amazing DJ (Kevin Ouilette).  He's been dubbed the Dancing DJ and from speaking with him, he is certainly animated!   I don't know how soon you need to book, but my event is a little over 3 months away and I will certainly post reviews. :) 
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is someone I've known for about 20 years.  He's out of Boston, but he's great!  His name is Brian Sparhawk and his business is called Sparhawk Sounds (clicky).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are DIYing this one, so I'm really no help! But good luck with your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Dave Dionne, from DJ's of maine.  He is located in Lewiston, but will travel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Northeast DJs and had DJ Greg Young.  He did an AMAZING job!  He even videotaped our wedding for free because we suggested him to some of our friends.  He will be doing our friends' wedding this summer on Chebeague and is going to camp out with us and play music late into the night.  I would recommend him with no reservations!  Hopefully this has been helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest Greg from Northeast DJ's..He was worth every penny.  We had custom uplighting and he also video taped our reception free of charge (as long as we let him use it for promotional video too).  He was professional and met with us at our home to discuss every last detail down to the minute of our reception.  :)
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards