October 2013 Weddings
Options

Invites

So I am starting to work on putting together my invites.  I work in the apartment industry so summer time I am slammed.  So i need to do it now and then just mail them.
I am not crafty what so ever but my s-i-l (MOH) is.  She created 3 templates for me a the one both FI and liked had a oocket for additional info.

Now all I need to do is what to put in the pocket ie how many pieces of paper. (we are doing rsvps online so we dont have to have them all mailed to us).
What I have come up with
accommations
map/directions
menu choice

I know I am missing something...so I know you girls will be helpful

Re: Invites

• Options
    you may want to consider still having a mailed rsvp option - I know with my family not everyone is computer savvy enough to handle online rsvp!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    09McSteph0309McSteph03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Why have an online RSVP but a paper menu choice for them to send back - or will the menu choice be available wherever the guests can RSVP??  Are you using a site to RSVP or email?

I do agree with Hannah - a paper RSVP may not be convenient for everyone and older generations have an expectation of paper.  As far as what you are missing in the pocket of the invite - I think you have it covered.  I would just encourage you to put everything in one place.  Either do a nice site with ALL the info available electronically or do it ALL on paper.  

How formal is your wedding?  Consider that as well.  If it's more formal, do a more formal invite with a proper RSVP.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    its all online  the site for the rsvping ie the opt to pick the menu choice and they can only rsvp once since i had to imput everyone name specifically.

I'm not sure if i should put the menu thing in the invite anyway since it will be online...i just am trying to make sure that i dont forget something for an insert.  My wedding isnt super formal.  All the people who would have a dificult time rsvping online have had to do it in the past for other weddings (back when online rsvps was realitavily new) for other family members and it really wasnt that big of deal.

but the orginal question wasnt about online rsvping or not since I am going to be doing that...I amjust trying figure out if there are important inserts to put in the invite
    so map/directions, accommadations ..anything else
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:bceda8e6-a1ee-4feb-b12e-b4cb8244d436Post:23b9abad-f04b-4519-be61-495171d8e401">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]but the orginal question wasnt about online rsvping or not since I am going to be doing that...I amjust trying figure out if there are important inserts to put in the invite so map/directions, accommadations ..anything else
    Posted by jerseychic24[/QUOTE]
    as I said in my first post - I think you have it covered with maps/directions and accommodations. What was not already said in my first post is that if you have any additional activities going on, like a brunch the morning after, a get together the evening before, an open invite to a rehearsal dinner or anything like that, then include the information as an insert so guests can prepare if they wish to participate.  If I were doing online menu/rsvp then I would put it all (meaning all info for anything wedding related) online so all info is in one organized place for everyone but do what you want and what works for you.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards