Wedding Party
Options

Wedding party drama

My FI and I have already picked out our wedding party. I picked my two sisters and my best friend. He picked three friends.

Now my fmil is border line insisting that his brother also be included. She is not ok with him being "just an usher."

My FI and his brother are not close. They are six years apart and VERY different. FMIL is guilt tripping my FI saying that his brother is his only sibling, and I'm having both my sisters stand. The difference is my one sister is 17 months older than I am, the other is my twin and we are all are friends.

My FI is just as stubborn in insisting that he doesn't want his brother in the party. I have no idea what the brother thinks (mom does a lot of talking for him). Ideas? Suggestions? Helpful hints?

Re: Wedding party drama

• Options
    It's his decision.  He needs to tell his mom that.  Period.

• Options
    This is something that your FI needs to discuss with his mother.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If your FI does not want his brother as a GM then his brother is not a GM.  This is no one's decision but your FI.  If his Mom has an issue with that then she needs to talk to her son about it.

• Options
    This is between your FI, his brother, and his mother, so you need to stay out of it.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-drama-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:958e7a1d-8eb6-4db4-9d9d-3341d946d4e2Post:b90d98e5-6b7f-41d7-8181-8c3d8ceae200">Wedding party drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I have already picked out our wedding party. I picked my two sisters and my best friend. He picked three friends. Now my fmil is border line insisting that his brother also be included. She is not ok with him being "just an usher." My FI and his brother are not close. They are six years apart and VERY different. FMIL is guilt tripping my FI saying that his brother is his only sibling, and I'm having both my sisters stand. The difference is my one sister is 17 months older than I am, the other is my twin and we are all are friends. My FI is just as stubborn in insisting that he doesn't want his brother in the party. I have no idea what the brother thinks (mom does a lot of talking for him). Ideas? Suggestions? Helpful hints?
    Posted by KateN17[/QUOTE]

Sounds like everybody needs to stop letting mom make all of their decisions for them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-drama-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:958e7a1d-8eb6-4db4-9d9d-3341d946d4e2Post:31504f50-bb9d-4a7d-89be-02624efe0b59">Re: Wedding party drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Thank you for the suggestion, but we've already selected our wedding party, FMIL.  He hasn't said anything to us about being in the wedding party.  Perhaps YOU are the only one who is upset?"
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  And BTW, who is paying for the wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards