May 2012 Weddings

rehearsal dinner question

okay so im not really into having a big expensive everyone dress up kinda dinner. actually the thought kinda makes me queasy... is it okay to do something less fancy? maybe like applebees at the fanciest?
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: rehearsal dinner question

• We're doing barbecue at the hotel where our block is. I'm not sure I would do a restaurant like Applebee's, unless you could make reservations. I would at least try to find a place that has a private room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There's nothing wrong with a casual rehearsal dinner at all! I agree that you need to do it somewhere with a private room if it's at a restaurant. You could even have it catered to someone's home if they have a big backyard, like a backyard BBQ. 
  • we are having pizza at the church after the rehersal :)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• We're going to PIzza Hut :) They don't have a private room but the RD will have between 30-40 guests so we'll take up the majority of the restaurant anyways. Where we're getting married is small and we don't have a lot of options that won't cost a ton so we decided on Pizza Hut since we had our first date there. Keeping it simple is good enough for me :)
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • My aunt had her RD at Joe's Crab Shack. Everyone loved it and it was a lot of fun! If a big fancy dinner isn't what you want, there's no reason why you have to have it. You're supposed to be relaxing before your big day...not stressed out over a dinner you don't want to have.
  • Totally fine.  Do what you want.

• We are cooking a pig at the church where FI's step dad preaches.  No way did we want fancy.  Our venue does rehearsal dinners, but I didnt want to spoil our exposure to the venue (does that make sense) plus they serve like filet mignon and lobster...and I guess I will feel werid if the rehearsal dinner was more fancy than the reception food. 
  • we're having ours at a mexican restaurant!  i prefer low-key too :)
  • Do what you want. My RD is going to be ridiculously big. Like 70 people big. FILs rented a room (almost for a smaller reception, but not that fancy). We are going to order Old Carolina BBQ & have beer & wine for drinks. Totally laid back & fun. We in no way wanted fancy. We just want to mingle with our OOT guests & visit with family we don't see often since we live out of state too.
  • what ever you want whether it's Bikinis at a pool or a formal black tie dinner...it's totally up to you and the FI...do what makes your comfortable. :)
    Anniversary
  • We wanted something casual too since the RD is when a lot of our family members, friends, etc will be meeting. We figure the wedding with be "fancy"; there's no need to do it twice.
    Anniversary
  • Yeah, do whatever you guys want, casual is totally fine!  We were originally going to have a very casual pizza + beer RD, until I found out that the place I wanted doesn't take reservations of big groups.  Now we decided to go a little more formal at a place closer to the chapel, but I kind of wanted something more formal anyways.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • We're doing casual too - we're either doing pizza or having a buffet at a little hole-in-the-wall place.  I actually think it's kinda nice to do a more relaxing dinner the day before.  You'll have all the fancy stuff the next day anyway.
    Anniversary
  • We're also going more casual. We're having a BBQ at our venue (we're getting married at a hotel so everything's there that weekend). And I don't think you need to go to a place with a private room if that doesn't bother you.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:04df1d49-6dc5-42be-83f1-fe1929db8206Post:76cda384-22f1-4801-aece-19c83e766198">Re: rehearsal dinner question</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're having ours at a mexican restaurant!  i prefer low-key too :)
    Posted by comeongetdown[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Same with us! We're having about 50 people at ours and we wanted low key too. We originally were going to do a backyard BBQ, but my aunt and uncle who offered to host are putting a pool in and it won't be done in time. So instead we're doing it at a delicious and affordable mexican restuarant. They're not a chain so they are being great about working with us on price point (doing pitchers of margaritas and sangria with happy hour prices, limited menu, etc). </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:04df1d49-6dc5-42be-83f1-fe1929db8206Post:0135a94b-c5b2-4f18-a438-00e30831c98c">Re: rehearsal dinner question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally fine.  Do what you want.
    Posted by kimberlykh[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree :-)</div>
  • Its definitely okay to not have something super fancy!
    We're having our RD at the wedding venue, but we're having a barbeque type dinner with buffet burgers, brats, etc.
  • It's okay if it's not super fancy, just make sure wherever you do it, it can accommodate all of your RD guests.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's definitely okay to have a casual RD! It doesn't need to be fancy at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards