Snarky Brides

Things your FI/H never did until he met you

I am completely stealing Katie's thread from last night, as it got me thinking not only of the changes that my FI has brought to my life, but how he's changed...

What's one (or more) things that your FI/H does now that he didn't do before you?

For me, its caring for my dog, a small multi-poo.  When we were dating he'd make little snide remarks on how crazy she is, and how's she's not all that bright or even a real dog.  Now, I'll get home and she's napping on his chest. 

Re: Things your FI/H never did until he met you

• Slept with a "buzz bomb" fan on in the room. I have to have the white noise, and now he has to have it too.
  • He never went surfing.
    He never ate an oyster.
    He never had a girlfriend for more than a year.
    panther
  • Never got married.

Never knew what the word "smitten" meant.

Never had a hush puppy he liked.

Never ate cucumbers with ranch dressing plain (as in, not in a salad).
  • My FI can sleep with my white noise (talk radio) and he couldn't before.  Something he says I have introduced him to are various TV shows that he would never have watched, but ended up really liking.  That one actually goes both ways.
    Anniversary
  • A lot of things. My H was a much different person before we got together. He chilled out a lot, became much more driven and focused. He graduated college, entered a graduate program, is pursuing a career in veteran's counseling, bought a house and snagged a wife. When I met him, he was a knuckle dragging newly returned vet who liked to drink too much beer, smoke and talk shiit. I polished him up. I'm obvs a miracle worker! Wink
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • He never watched Four Weddings

He never watched 24

He never watched Say Yes to the Dress

He never wore anything, in his adult life, that wasn't name brand. He actually likes Old navy now.

When his children were very little, he worked 3 jobs. Now he only has one and the photgraphy thing. So he has a lot more time with my daughter, who is 5, and is on him from the time he gets home until the time she goes to bed. I love it because we pass her "stalker" attention back and forth between the 2 of us.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • He never enjoyed sex with anyone else like he does with me.

ok, I might have just made that one up. :D
  • *  Raised, or really spent much time with, children.

*  Swing danced (he'd always wanted to learn to dance, so we took swing dance lessons together)

*  Exercised in the morning (he just started this so we'd have more time together in the evenings, esp. on the day we have the children)

*  Went to a grade school musical
  • He didn't know how to skate -- now he plays pond hockey every weekend in the winter.

He didn't watch "The Tudors", but he really got into it with me.

He never danced.

He never wore clothes that FIT.  He weighs 160 lbs. and was wearing men's XL t-shirts.  Now he wears M and they fit him just fine.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I do have to say DH has opened up my world more then I his.

But he tell me part of the reason he married me is when he suggests something he wants to do, I dont tell him he cant possibly do it, I ask how can we make it happen.

I helped him pick his Motorcycle. (ex wouldnt let him have one)

There are a lot of firsts for both of us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He never did anything because his mom babied him!!!!!!

Now he does the dishes (never had to before), vaccums, takes care of the dog, pays bills.
  • Any,  those are cheater answer for a Cannuck with an American FI!  But poutine is amazing.

I guess I've introduced my H to many differnt kinds of food.  HIs mom only cooks because she has to eat, I cook because I love to.  I've gotten him eating many things he always thought he hated (like pork, the weirdo).
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is so cute Nates :)

Ben didn't start taking life seriously until we got back together either.  He finally finished his finance degree this past spring and is currently working on a credit analyst training program.  I'm so incredibly proud of him!
    panther
  • Oh yeah, he had never been on an airplane either.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Yay for Ben! 

Pretty much the saddest thing ever was when he told me that he really believed he was worthless and that I make him feel like he has a purpose.  It really broke my heart.  I'm so proud of all thet hings he's accomplished, especially mentally (like believing in himself, etc.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-fih-never-did-until-met?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:301701ff-db39-401c-88cf-7eb380fc0f35Post:ad9ab66a-8e81-4299-9fa6-27435901744d">Re: Things your FI/H never did until he met you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Before me, FI had never: -owned a pet of any kind. Now we have two cats that he adores -considered moving out of state again. We moved this past April from PA to NY. -dated a girl with any tattoos or piercings (besides ears) <strong>-dated someone so much younger than him (10 years, 2 days age difference) -played video games with a girl like we do, we LOVE video games</strong>! -he also had never gotten to try a few things in the bedroom unti l came along...
    Posted by MissyCee[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, this for me too.
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2010
    Never went through menopause with a woman (and I have to say that he's weathered it quite well - he's still alive anyway and I realize you only have my word on that)

Never was part of a family from the old country - he's picked up on a few Hungarian words here and there

Never thought he'd marry again

Never thought he'd drive 30+ miles for a date 2x week

Never dealt with anyone going through a step program

But as KD mentioned, I think he's had a more profound effect on my life vs me on his life.  There's probably more "never's" he's experienced that I don't realize.
  • new thinks since me:
    - eating crawfish, gumbo and boudin
    - 5K runs
    - triathlons
    - living without a cat

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • He never went to a Broadway show

He'd never been out of the country

He never watched HGTV or Sex and the City

Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Never been to NC or WV or VA (well, maybe VA when he was really little).

Never seen what a healthy 2 parent family looked like

Never been married

Quit hosting poker night at his house

To my knowledge, hadn't had a serious girlfriend since his early 20s.

Hadn't had a REAL, non-waterbed since before he was at minimum 25?

Hasn't had a "mom" (my mom now) in almost 12 years. Hasn't had a "dad" (my dad now) in 38? She's deceased and he's a f'in loser.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-fih-never-did-until-met?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:301701ff-db39-401c-88cf-7eb380fc0f35Post:ba6ac375-7340-46bd-92cb-fb8c63a1cdb1">Things your FI/H never did until he met you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am completely stealing Katie's thread from last night, as it got me thinking not only of the changes that my FI has brought to my life, but how he's changed... What's one (or more) things that your FI/H does now that he didn't do before you? For me, its caring for my dog, a small multi-poo.  When we were dating he'd make little snide remarks on how crazy she is, and how's she's not all that bright or even a real dog.  Now, I'll get home and she's napping on his chest. 
    Posted by arv266[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed - FI never had pets growing up and I had my parents bring my cat to move in with us, and he totally loves her.  He pets her when I'm not gone and she goes and sits by him when he's watching TV.   One day he called me really worried because she kept rubbing her head on everything - I was like, duh, she's a cat.  She rubs her head on stuff when she can't get petted.  Boys are funny indeed.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-fih-never-did-until-met?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:301701ff-db39-401c-88cf-7eb380fc0f35Post:a9fd5fb2-7ce9-4c2d-aa78-d2032e509339">Re: Things your FI/H never did until he met you</a>:
    [QUOTE]He never enjoyed sex with anyone else like he does with me. ok, I might have just made that one up. :D
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

On a similiar note... my FI never felt sexy until he met me.  He is super shy and never felt comfortable talking to ladies, and his lack of social graces made him seem unapproable.  So he's spent years thinking he's a troll.  But he's super hotness and loves that I droll over him. 
  • Cute Thread!

Fi had never:

- Seen a musical (Now he's seen about a million)

- Traveled outside the country (Except Canada :-) ) - Now he's been to Jamaica, Africa,  and Europe

- Thought about going to grad school

- Been in a relationship longer then 8 months

Photobucket
  • He had never owned a pair of jeans.

He had never eaten Guatemalan food.

He had never been to Utah.
  • Oh, and he'd never been with a dog as it was euthanized, and never been to the rescue league/pound to select a new puppy.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • -Eat tofu, tempeh, squash, zucchini, mushrooms (at least, not eat them and like them), any fake meat product, guacamole, non-black tea.
    -Eat almost entirely vegetarian.
    -Interact with guinea pigs.
    -Voluntarily attend a play, musical, symphony, or opera.
    -Voluntarily dance.
    -Buy tampons.
    -Talk about his feelings in relationships.
    -Be in love. That goes for both of us, actually.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-fih-never-did-until-met?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:301701ff-db39-401c-88cf-7eb380fc0f35Post:f682985b-4e14-4b98-aad5-db550e5c4550">Re: Things your FI/H never did until he met you</a>:
    [QUOTE]He had never owned a pair of jeans. He had never eaten Guatemalan food. He had never been to Utah.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

How is this possible? What brand were his first jeans?  Did he dig them?
  • - Shopped online.
    - Traveled by plane

• edited September 2010
    The first thing I thought of is NSFW.

He never dated someone he didn't meet in school. (Last ex he met in college, though they dated much later.)

He loves red heads, but never dated one.

I'm sure he'll tell you a lot of things actually. He never had Tim Horton's, either, until I made him eat Timbits!

He had also never dated a vegetarian, but he was fine with it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-fih-never-did-until-met?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:301701ff-db39-401c-88cf-7eb380fc0f35Post:292428c2-4566-435c-a3e6-9e25da75f0c9">Re: Things your FI/H never did until he met you</a>:
    [QUOTE]The first thing I thought of is NSFW.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Ha! Me too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards