November 2012 Weddings

New November 10, 2012 bride!!!

Hello Everyone!!!  I am newly engaged and am loving wedding planning thus far!  We booked our venue immediately, but I figured I can just relax and enjoy being engaged now.....right?!?  When should I start actively getting thigs done??  Any ideas, thoughts, advice?!?

Re: New November 10, 2012 bride!!!

• Hi and Congrats!! Unfortunately, I cant give you much advice considering I have done nothing. Our date is still not set in stone either. I see you are close to me!! I live in Stuart, 20 minutes North of West Palm Beach, on the East Coast. What about you? Well, good luck with you planning and cant wait to share ideas!
    Katie
  • Thank you and congrats to you too!!!  I'm in St. Petersburg--Florida weddings in November are blessed with good weather (so I'm told).  We booked the Museum on Fine Arts for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception....sooooo excited!!!  I have started to watch tons of these bridal shows on tv and have decided that I refuse to become anything similar to a bridezilla...hopefully early planning will help in that mission :)  Do you have any ideas as to your ideal venue?
  • That's my date too! I have been actively planning but I am graduating school and beginning a new career so I want to get most done now before I'm busy. I don't think there is much you have to do right now as far out as we are. Maybe closer to a year out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Date twins! Congrats and welcome!
  • My date as well! We haven't booked our venue but we will doing that in November. I have lose plans on everything else that we like. School is crazy so I have been picking up ideas here and there. I am excited to get started with the rest of the plans! Congrats and Welcome!!
    A and B
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats as well!!! That is my date to.  I am glad to see that I am not the only one sneaking a wedding in right before the end of the world. :)  As for planning, I am a bit OCD with it and have a pretty good idea of what I would like to do.  I have spent some time getting organized and am now just waiting until November so that I can start booking the location and speaking with vendors.  Good luck my 11/10/12 sisters!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_new-november-10-2012-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:03be1e7d-cb53-4a3d-b650-4fa5b1589a40Post:bdfc0c1c-7388-40d4-8dd8-beb02edd5323">Re: New November 10, 2012 bride!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats as well!!! That is my date to.  I am glad to see that I am not the only one sneaking a wedding in right before the end of the world. :)  As for planning, I am a bit OCD with it and have a pretty good idea of what I would like to do.  I have spent some time getting organized and am now just waiting until November so that I can start booking the location and speaking with vendors.  Good luck my 11/10/12 sisters!!!
    Posted by ellmar19[/QUOTE]

November 10th too, (or that's the plan). But with my date is that it's on my birthday. I've heard that it's a bad omen, but I figure this way I will never forget the anniversary, (really bad at dates). And our relationship isn't really into gift giving, so if I get a birthday/anniversary gift-what ev-could care less.
    My fiance and I joke about the end of the world too! Lol, were telling everybody it's going to be the last real badass party before the end of the world!
    Congrats ladies!

P.S. Anybody heard of booking ceremony and reception at a hotel like a Holiday Inn? Thoughts? Ideas on cost, (cheaper than a wedding hall)?
  • Congrats and welcome! Our date is nov 17th.  A week after we got engaged we had our venue, who is also our caterer and where we are getting married. We already have our DJ and justice of the peace because they are both family friends. We just settled our flowers and favors. So we basically have everything all ready just waiting for the date so my advice is just to do thing at your own pace. I like to get things done early.
  • Deelarson: I've never heard that about it being a bad omen to get married on your bday. I would think it would be a good thing! As for booking at a hotel, it just depends on the hotel. Some are banquet halls within or attached to a hotel, but run by a separate entity, and some are run by the hotels. Ours is on the top floor of the holiday inn express, but it's run by a separate company. I did find that most hotels have basic info on what's included in their wedding packages, and some include prices too. I love that our guests just have to take an elevator to their rooms at the end of the night, so not as many people will be driving.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's my date too!!! We got engaged April 29th in Disneyland and we are VERY close to booking a date. I figure November in Arizona will be gorgeous! The place that we will be book it at is surrounded by pecan trees with twinkle lights winding up the trees. And the place is all inclusive so i dont have to worry about haggling and tracking down dj, photographers, cake etc!!! 
  • Congrats!!    Love the 11/10/12 date!!  I am from Chicago, Illinois.   Praying for good weather like last year and the year before.   Fell in love with the venue, and that was the only date open!   Its an Apple Orchid in Indiana.   Can't believe I have to wait until November, but I know the time will fly by.    I have my church and reception already and we have our bridal party picked out.   We definitely have time still.  I am going wedding dress shopping this weekend, b/c if you have to order your dress, it could take up to 8 months.   I am having a fall wedding theme, so looking to use the burnt orange as my bridesmaids color.   We are going next weekend to look at bridesmaids dresses.   Hoping it will be as pretty as I think.   That's when the fun begins, getting everyone together to celebrate this milestone that I'm sure you have been waiting for!!   

Save the dates should go out around May, so I would start getting all your addresses together from family members.   That can take time.   I also would start figuring out what kind of a honeymoon you want to take.. I spend hours on the internet just searching for deals, etc.   Nice thing with Groupon and Living Social websites, we will probably take a really nice honeymoon!!

Good luck with everything and feel free to send me questions.   I am always looking for ideas....Yeah to all November bridesss!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards