Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Wedding Cake Vendor Needed

I am looking for a few good, reasonable cake vendors in atlanta/metro. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanksl

Re: Wedding Cake Vendor Needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got our cake from Publix. It was very affordable, beautiful, and everyone loved it! We had a layer of marble, a layer of vanilla with raspberry filling, and a chocolate with cherry filling layer.

~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Sugar Kneads. They do a great job and the prices are good!
  • Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Megan, is that buttercream icing or fondant?  It's very pretty!
  • Options
    MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Publix all the way. They have awesome cake. And while they have their designated designs, they'll create any cake you like. My FI is actually designing our cake and showing them a drawing.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of using celso cakes - no idea how much they cost yet, but they did the cake at my friends wedding and it was the best cake I ever had - and I'm not really into cakes. I know they have a special going now for 10% off, free cake stand and free delivery if you book them by 1/31/11, so I have a tasting scheduled for sometime early next month. www.celsocakes.com - they are located in norcross.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mark Brickman at The Baker's Man, Inc. We've used him for our son's birthday cakes and he is amazing! Easy to work with, fast, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. He isn't "cheap" but if you're upfront with him, he will work with your budget.

GL!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to tastings at Celso's and Cake Man this week so I will report back!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Celso's and The Baker's Man.  I give Celso's the slight edge on taste.  His buttercream frosting is so creamy and delicious.  Not too sweet.  The cake is yummy, and the texture is perfect.  Not too moist, not too dry.

Baker's man was good too.  He gives you more different flavors to taste, and I really like that.  His buttercream is delicious.  The first cake flavor we tasted was a bit too moist, but it got better as we tasted other flavors.  His designs are out of this world, and I give him the edge on design.

Overall, I liked Baker's Man the best.  I enjoyed being able to sample the different flavors, and like I said, the workmanship on the designs are unmatched.  I would be happy with either of them doing my cake.  We have a hard decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Celso's first because they're everywhere.... in all the bridal mags etc...I didn't like the taste of the cake and I get the idea that people are going for them based on aestethics and popularity. The service and designs were divine.
    Ultimately, I decided to go with Cakes by La'Meeka. Her cakes are DELICIOUS and they look great. Our big day is 3/25 so Ill let you know how it turns out. Her website is cakesbylameeka.com. I hope this helps!
  • Options
    bonlgrhmbonlgrhm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting the wedding cake from Sugar Plum Visions in Marietta.  Jaime does wonderful work and the cake is so good.  We also wanted Cheese cake so we are getting the grooms cake from Classic Cheesecakes and cakes in Buckhead. 
    http://www.classiccheesecakesandcakes.com/home.htm
    www.sugarplum-visions.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just checked out the sugar kneads site and their prices are the best ive seen. My wedding isnt until May of 2012. But ill definitely check out Sugar Kneads. Thanks forever2010love  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards