Florida-North Florida

Where to get ready - St Augustine

We are getting married at Prince of Peace Church and having our reception at Serenata Beach Club. The hard part I am having is where to get ready. There is no where at the church and Serenata said their bride's room only fits about 4 people. I would have to get a hotel for 2 nights so I could have it during the prime get ready time - if I get it for friday night I would have to check out by 11. If I check in Saturday I couldn't get in till 3 pm. I also want space that my bridal party can get ready too. 

I don't want to have to book a room for 2 nights - I would like to splurge for a nice room the night of our wedding but how can I do that if I have to book some other hotel room for 2 nights that can allow all of us to get ready in it?

Any ideas? Maybe there is a hotel that will let me have a late check out? I don't want to ask if anyone has a hotel room I can "borrow." Most of my bridesmaids are all from the area (30 min away) and I'm not even sure they'll use a hotel.

Re: Where to get ready - St Augustine

• JillianL22JillianL22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually had this same dilemma. I am getting married in 5 weeks at The River House but the brides room there can't fit too many people and I needed a huge space. I considered booking a bed and breakfast but that was going to be $600 for 2 nights. WAY out of my price range. Someone told me to look into vacation rentals. We are renting a condo in St Augustine beach for $100 a night. It was the perfect solution. Try looking into a house rental or a condo rental. Some places let you rent for only a day or 2 for pretty inexpensive!! Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Same problem here!  I am from Orlando and getting married at The White Room.  I will definitely check out some vacation rentals.  Thanks for the tip!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I emailed with my future MIL - they are coming down from Ohio for the whole week and she said we can likely get ready at their place. Now where they should stay is the question. I was going to suggest they look at a condo at Serenata but my fiance said when he had glanced they were pretty expensive. Can you give me more details about what condo location you guys are using?
  • GolfinBrideGolfinBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call some of the small B&B's around town as well as some of the Inns, since they are privately owned they might be a little more flexible on times.  ARe you having room blocks any where? Ask the hotel you are having a room block some will give discounted hospitality rooms that could be used to get ready.
    I have heard really nice things about the St. Goerge Inn. Just a thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I thought I had it figured out - the hotel we have a block at (Hampton Inn and Suites at Vilano Beach) has this AMAZING presidential suite and when I got the block said I could have it half off - I went to see it a few days later, fell in love then when I emailed the sales manager she told me it wasn't available those dates! I was so sad!
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up using the meeting space at the Hampton Inn at Vilano Beach where one of our blocks is - it is $75 or $50 if we get 10 rooms booked. And the other nice thing is they are letting us use it the next day on Sunday to host lunch in there for guests that want to come by for no additional fee for the room. I was hoping for a prettier space but I think my photographer can hide the fact that it's a plain meeting room and at least we'll have plenty of space!

I highly recommend that hotel by the way if anyone is looking for hotels :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards