New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

It's that time again.  What did you work on this past week?
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    Wedding is over, but somehow still cleaning up the aftermath.

-Junk.  About 1/4 of my stuff has been sold, packed, shipped... yay!!!  I still can't really see the light of day in the "wedding room" yet.  Must work harder.

-Name change.  See previous posts.  No fun.  But I am happy to report that I am about 1/2 way done with this.  SS card and driver's license have been changed... just waiting for the new cards.  Credit card and a few online account type things have been switched.  Some were as easy as a quick phone call or even changing the info myself online.  Others want your firstborn.  Still to go is my vehicle registrations (which requires yet another trip to the DMV.  not thrilled about this and therefor has been moved to the bottom of my to-do list) and school stuff.

-Thank you's.  All.  Done.  Whew!!!  Sending off a little package today to my MOH as an extra "thank you" for all of her help.  I fell bad b/c it should have been the first thing I did, but I just couldn't get myself moving.  Slacker.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our first gift lol I know thats not an update but it's exciting. A wine holder yay!

I didn't get a whole lot done, just worked on our song list a little and tried figuring out the timeline for the day of. I was going to work on figuring out what we want for the cake, but my short attention span got the best of me.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:d22a0e2c-db15-44e7-bd9a-f5460d77b05bPost:93209e93-f0ce-4275-92ab-1f4bf91ea115">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We got our first gift lol I know thats not an update but it's exciting</strong>. A wine holder yay! I didn't get a whole lot done, just worked on our song list a little and tried figuring out the timeline for the day of. I was going to work on figuring out what we want for the cake, but my short attention span got the best of me.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

It counts in my book!!!

Me....well...nothing.....maybe next week!
  • edited December 2011

I havent gotten any of my "aftermath" stuff done. That includes even starting my Thank You's. Im just too damn lazy.

Buuuuut I should be getting my Rock the Dress pics in the mail today (fingers crossed!) and thats awesome!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh, I'm supposed to be working on stuff? Oops!

Well actually, I did have my hair trial and first fitting, so I can check those off. Other than that, nada :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    I am all set with my little thank you gifts and notes to go to the hostesses for my shower this Saturday!

Made an appointment for a consultation with the woman who's doing my hair and makeup.  It's in 2 weeks; I hope to have a good idea of what will/won't work with my hair after that.

In the process of getting my wedding band insured -- naturally, the insurance company is being a pain about it!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I set up a few appointments for our time up there in August. We're meeting with Bouquets by Bonnie, Flower Power Decor and Club 86. I'm in the process of setting something up with Gourmet Goodies as well.
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea- are you meeting with Club 86 for cake? If so, make sure you try the strawberry cake, it's famous around here. I don't even like cake and I think it's yummy Smile
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:d22a0e2c-db15-44e7-bd9a-f5460d77b05bPost:c8588945-3120-44db-90b1-a1032b073d09">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am all set with my little thank you gifts and notes to go to the hostesses for my shower this Saturday! Made an appointment for a consultation with the woman who's doing my hair and makeup.  It's in 2 weeks; I hope to have a good idea of what will/won't work with my hair after that. In the process of getting my wedding band insured -- naturally, the insurance company is being a pain about it!
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

Do you mind if I ask what types of gifts you bought?  I need to get going on this soon!
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:d22a0e2c-db15-44e7-bd9a-f5460d77b05bPost:9b87f187-54bd-4e0d-8f17-438b6078d080">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Update Wednesday : Do you mind if I ask what types of gifts you bought?  I need to get going on this soon!
    Posted by ktobin0519[/QUOTE]

I bought these awesome cloth wine carriers with a bottle of local wine in it for my FMIL and FSIL who did most of the work (they love wine).  Then for my 2 BMs that contributed some ideas, but weren't too involved, I got a few local jams/jellies from the local farmer's market.  I really wasn't sure if I should get them anything more than a card, but I just decided to go small rather than risk giving some people gifts and some people not.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:d22a0e2c-db15-44e7-bd9a-f5460d77b05bPost:28fc3f82-c5f8-41e3-9033-83047b8a6bbc">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea- are you meeting with Club 86 for cake? If so, make sure you try the strawberry cake, it's famous around here.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

That's what I hear! I'm very excited to try it.
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten A LOT done in the last week or two.
    -Blinged out my cake topper
    -bought FI's wedding band
    -purchased most of the BMs gifts
    -started putting together templates of main table centerpieces
    -bought baskets for bathroom baskets
    -purchased candles and oot bags (thanks Monica)
    -purchased my hairpiece
    -cake meeting this Saturday
    -started addressing invites

Still need to:
    -hair trial
    -makeup trial
    -email florist
    -start on table numbers project
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:d22a0e2c-db15-44e7-bd9a-f5460d77b05bPost:dd41c693-1018-4004-b6d5-427ad77dbb58">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Update Wednesday : I bought these awesome cloth wine carriers with a bottle of local wine in it for my FMIL and FSIL who did most of the work (they love wine).  Then for my 2 BMs that contributed some ideas, but weren't too involved, I got a few local jams/jellies from the local farmer's market.  I really wasn't sure if I should get them anything more than a card, but I just decided to go small rather than risk giving some people gifts and some people not.
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards