Michigan-Detroit

1 - 1 - 1 & a question

Wow.  1 month, 1 week, and 1 day.  Where has all of this time gone? 

Anyone have any recommendations for reception entrance songs and/or a fast song you used for your wedding video?  I appreciate the help!  I've tried the music board, but didn't have much luck.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Brian and Cori 11-19-11

Re: 1 - 1 - 1 & a question

• matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!!  Congrats!  But I'm no help with music - sorry.  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YAYYYY, but I am also no help with music.  I think the best luck I've had picking songs, is just googling wedding songs. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and I have no clue on the music.
  • edited December 2011
    For the video, do you have to pick a song before the wedding? We chose all of our songs after the wedding and I'm glad we did. Maybe there will be a song that the DJ plays that will always remind you of how you felt on your wedding day Smile For us, it was the Dynamite song and I'm drawing a blank who sings it. Every single time I hear that song, it reminds me of the dance floor and how much fun we had. Don't stress about it!

For the reception entrance, google the top 40 songs that are played right now and see if you like any of them. We did DJ Got Us Falling in Love Again by Usher.

And, yay for 1-1-1!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Do you like Motown? FI and I are thinking of Get Ready by The Temptations as a reception entrance song. I have also seen people enter to "No One" by Alicia Keys, "Sexy Back" by JT, "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, and even "Space Jam", as in the theme song from that movie with Michael Jordan and the Loony Tune characters. I also really like "Happy Together" by the Turtles as another upbeat, old school option. 
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't even know there was a music board.. Congrats on 1-1-1! I'm at 1 month today! AHHHH!
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had us walk in to Ke$ha, I cannot remember the name of the song, but the bride and groom entered in at the part that says "The party don't start til I walk in".

I've got a feelin, black eyed peas. Yeah - Usher.
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

Our wedding is going to have a ton of 80s music (we met in 1988) so we are walking in to "Like A Virgin".   I laugh just thinking about it.  
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_1-1-1-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:8e577232-3500-48da-a161-866c27825d6dPost:0db1f6f5-d984-40ed-965d-52d3423fc64b">Re: 1 - 1 - 1 & a question</a>:
    [QUOTE]For us, it was the Dynamite song and I'm drawing a blank who sings it.
    Posted by corinne2010[/QUOTE]

Taio Cruz
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our bridal party walked in to "good life" by one republic and we walked into "say hey" by michael franti and spearhead
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    How exciting, it's almost here!!  Smile We walked into Let's stay together by Al Green.  I like forever by chris brown for a faast song.  Do you guys have any "special" songs?  This was one area that was hard for us becasue we have totally different taste in music.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards