June 2012 Weddings
Options

Alterations

hey ladies, when do you think you are going to be brining your dress for alterations? Aslo do you know of any good seamstress's on the north shore?

Re: Alterations

• Options
    First of all welcome to the board!

I have already made my first alterations appt for April 21st. I know some of the girls on here already have their alterations completely done! But I wanted to hold out as long as possible in the hopes of losing more weight!

For a local seamstress, it would be best to post this on your local board because this board as ladies from all over =) .... I just happen to be in the Boston Area as well and I am using Dress making by Dolly in Hudson, NH.
  • Options
    I just picked my dress up last week from alterations. I am getting my bridal portraits done in March so I needed mine done a little sooner.

I would suggest asking your local board about a good seamstress. We are brides spread across the country here Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Tahnk you for your advice! i am a bit new to this and our wedding is 136 days away haha!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_alterations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b93ec2ce-d2bb-499e-bcdd-1005f03f6060Post:f6c7902b-35c9-4959-9d68-6011c18d2899">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all welcome to the board! I have already made my first alterations appt for April 21st. I know some of the girls on here already have their alterations completely done! But I wanted to hold out as long as possible in the hopes of losing more weight! For a local seamstress, it would be best to post this on your local board because this board as ladies from all over =) .... I just happen to be in the Boston Area as well and I am using Dress making by Dolly in Hudson, NH.
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

Same exactly to a T

I am meeting with Dolly on the 21st also. What time is your appointment at?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_alterations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b93ec2ce-d2bb-499e-bcdd-1005f03f6060Post:05c20c24-ee93-4457-adbc-0ff546c1a887">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tahnk you for your advice! i am a bit new to this and our wedding is 136 days away haha!
    Posted by daniellekobel[/QUOTE]

welcome!! do you have everything planned for the big day??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_alterations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b93ec2ce-d2bb-499e-bcdd-1005f03f6060Post:a86de0fe-4bfe-48ee-a5d7-d16dbd1ed4c6">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alterations : Same exactly to a T I am meeting with Dolly on the 21st also. What time is your appointment at?
    Posted by KrisKenny[/QUOTE]

Really?!?!  haha that's too funny! my appt is at 11 =) when is yours?
  • Options
    edited February 2012

My appt is at 10am and there will be 5 of us going! Hmm, I wonder how that's going to work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_alterations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b93ec2ce-d2bb-499e-bcdd-1005f03f6060Post:2dd5a009-a033-462f-8c38-055ab1c35cc0">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]My appt is at 10am and there will be 5 of us going! Hmm, I wonder how that's going to work.

oh wow! she must be good then, if she can do 5 girls in an hour. Right now its just me going (with my mom)  but my BM dresses should be in the begining of April so there's a chance I might add another person to mine.
  • Options
    I am going to Fay in Billerica.  I am not sure where specifically you are looking, but let me know if you would like her info.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_alterations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b93ec2ce-d2bb-499e-bcdd-1005f03f6060Post:54c4fbe5-fa22-4cc7-95c7-a29064af1c42">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alterations : oh wow! she must be good then, if she can do 5 girls in an hour. Right now its just me going (with my mom)  but my BM dresses should be in the begining of April so there's a chance I might add another person to mine.
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

I know that she does some great work. She did one of my BM's wedding dress a few years ago and just did my MOH's dress for her jr prom and they both came out fantastic. She even went to my BM's hotel room to help her get dressed (as her BMs didn't pay attention to help her enough).

Oh, and where was your siggy pic taken, if I can ask?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_alterations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b93ec2ce-d2bb-499e-bcdd-1005f03f6060Post:f02d5d43-aaf0-44d7-a10b-cda93a59dda5">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alterations : I know that she does some great work. She did one of my BM's wedding dress a few years ago and just did my MOH's dress for her jr prom and they both came out fantastic. She even went to my BM's hotel room to help her get dressed (as her BMs didn't pay attention to help her enough). Oh, and where was your siggy pic taken, if I can ask?

well that's good to know! So I guess there is a chance that we will be crossing paths on April 21st!

you sure can ask, it was taken on the riverwalk in Lowell.
  • Options
    That's what I thought.
    Do you live in Lowell?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_alterations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b93ec2ce-d2bb-499e-bcdd-1005f03f6060Post:8e7e23b9-1ab4-4f18-9789-41d2690b6c70">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's what I thought. Do you live in Lowell?

No. I'm in the next town over tho
  • Options
    My first appt is Saturday!!

WELCOME!
  • Options
    Your post made me want to figure this out!  I told her I wanted to wait till as close as possible with still not having to rush at all.  I have been losing weight so I think that is best for me. 

I am now having my first appointment for the first week of May (June 9th wedding)
  • Options

Welcome to the board!  I don't have my alterations set up yet but I'll probably call to get them scheduled soon.  My first appointment will be at the 6 week mark I'm thinking.

• Options
    I contacted Fay but she is booked for the entire summer :(
  • Options
    My alterations have to be scheduled when I am going up north.  I scheduled my first fitting which was really hard to fit in because its the busy season.  I wanted to schedule my final fitting too but they were all like oh we don't do that until the first fitting but I made them do it because I am only going up north 2 times between now and when I go up for the wedding.

I would just bring your shoes and any undergarmets you are wearing as well as a veil if you are getting that bustled, otherwise you don't need it unless you want more pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    My first appointment is March 12.  Then probably 2 more after that.  Maybe just 1.  All Ineed is hem & bustle.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My one appointment is April 13th... dress, alterations, and wedding are in CA so hopefully it will be a one shot deal. It fit perfectly when I bought it so they should just need to add the bustle..
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Welcome to the board!!

I haven't even contacted the alterations lady... I should probably do that and get an idea of what it will cost me. Thanks for the reminder!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards