Texas-Austin

Not getting the response I want!! (longish)

Poor customer service is a pet peeve of mine. I feel that I am having poor customer service with a vendor. Hope this isn't what is in store for me with the rest of the planning since I am just starting.

Problem is about 2 weeks ago I called 2 different photographers (X and Y). I called photographer X first. Got no answer so I  left a message and gave them my phone number twice and mentioned that I would also email (I know a lot of people prefer email/ text to talking on the phone). Then immediately after I called up photographer Y. They promptly answered the phone, had a nice conversation and she told me that she would email me directions to there studio for our appointment a couple of weeks from then. I checked my email that night and there were the directions.

The next day I get an email from X saying that they will get back to me soon. A day or so later I get an email from one of the girls at X mentioning that her and another girl are free to shoot the wedding on my date and I should contact who I would like to set up an appointment with. I send a nice thank you email back to her saying I will do so. That night I ask Fiance who he wants of these people to meet with. He tells me and I immediately send out an email to X person.

About a week later(yesterday) I still have not gotten an email from X. So I send another email out thinking I meant have accidentally mistyped the address so I should resend it. I was very polite in my new email and mentioned that I know they may be busy but would love just to hear back from them( and not feel ignored). Today I get an email from X saying they will get to me soon.

We only really loved these 2 photographers and we are planning the wedding long distance. I was hopping to get an appointment when we make the trip into town. Even if they cant fit us in since its a weekend they could at least send back a decent response. Should I feel peeved over this b/c I do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not getting the response I want!! (longish)

• edited December 2011
    Yes, you should feel peeved, and honestly, you should be a little hesitant to book this photographer.  The last thing you want is to have a contract with them, and have problems getting in touch with them.  I'm not saying you shouldn't book them, but just be sure that when (or if) you meet with them, you bring up how important fast communication is to you, and see how they respond.  If it doesn't feel absolutely right, then I wouldn't book them if I was you.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Planning a wedding is stressful enough that you don't want to deal with a flakey, unreliable vendor. If they're this difficult to work with, it'll just stress you out. I'd say it's not worth it, go with Y photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, to me it is clear that they don't want your business! Which, really, is a shame. If they do want it, they sure aren't acting like it.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, my suggestion would be to go with a different vendor. If there that difficult to get ahold of when you haven't hired them I seriously doubt that will change once you've signed the contract.
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.

Problem is we only like these 2 different photographers. All I have heard about X is wonderful things on the boards and in reviews. The reviews included fantastic customer service (they go above and beyond).

Since we only have an appointemnt with Y I hope all goes well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I had a similar problem like this with my florist. I now have a new florist because I decided I couldn't handle the added stress.

If you want photographer recommendations, let us know. I'm sure we all can tell you our experiences.

Sorry this happened. I know how frustrating it can be!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards