Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Not sure what to do

I am not getting married until September 17th and I am basically done planning. Everything is taken care of and planned. I just need invitations and a dress. I am getting the dress in two weeks and then once invitations are done what am I supposed to do. I have had so much fun planning but now I will be bored all summer long. Anyone need help????

Re: Not sure what to do

• Options
    jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry the time will fly by! We've been engaged for almost a year and a half and now our wedding is just a month away. I thought it would never get here! Enjoy some down time while you can!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you are one lucky girl!  I have everything booked but its the little things I have yet to do...get dress altered, buy/assemble favors, buy undergarments, get FI moving on groomsman gifts, get passports...I would agree with PP and just enjoy this time before craziness ensues in September!  (I'm a Sept. bride too, woohoo!)
  • Options
    SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was the same way.  Don't worry about it-- just relax!  I know people talk a lot about being busy and stressed and I think that can happen for various reasons (not to put anyone down!!) but are usually due to indecision and the drive for "perfection" on things that no one is going to notice. 

Just have fun! :)
  • Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha lucky girl! Now just enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I would be the exact same way if I were in your situation! BUT....We just started planning like a couple weeks ago and are shooting for July 31 wedding! LOL....I work best under pressure hehehhehe :) But yeah enjoy your summer and be thankful you got everything taken care of with plenty of time to spare. If you had to spend your entire summer planning and prepping, you would feel like you missed out on the whole summer. You'd be sitting at home toiling away looking thru bridal mags, calling places, etc when you could be out at the beach soaking up the sun. Its probably just that you are SO excited for this day and you've put alot of hard work into it. I'm sure you will have the perfect wedding and you'll be glad you dont have all the last minute stress to deal with! Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards