Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Who was your makeup artist?

Hi,

I'm currently stumped on a makeup artist. I've checked out Lindsey Smith and she's book on my day. She suggested Julie Strating but she is also booked on my day. I'm going to check out Artistic Enhancements as mentioned in a pp but I would like to know:

Who was your makeup artist on your wedding day? What did you like about them/there services? Did they travel to your wedding location?

TIA

PS. What was up with the board earlier today? I posted on the Getting to Know You post by Amoro but now it's gone.

Re: Who was your makeup artist?

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Lindsey and loved her...I'm sorry she's booked on your day.  Another makeup artist that our florist recommended to us is Alison Bower.  http://www.allisonbower.com/ I've looked at her blog and it looks like she does great work.!  good luck!!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Shrades! I'll check her out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding and used a girl from Pure Salon in Grand Rapids. The whole wedding party and my friend's mom had their make-up done & we all got false lashes for fun too. I thought they did a nice job.

I was reading this topic on the Chicago boards and someone suggested checking out the make-up counters at Macy's..... they said many of those girls will travel and do make-up for weddings and events. They said the bonus is you could go to their counter and do your "trial" for free.....
  • Options
    kaikaykaikay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Mary at The Leslie Studio. She has been in the business literally her entire life ... her mother was the original owner of the Leslie Studio. She does amazing work. She did my make up on my wedding day and I could not have been happier.

A photo of my makeup on my wedding day:
    http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/186/67/1097798019/n1097798019_30042707_1169.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards