Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Cake Cutting

I am having a 3 tier cake with the top layer raised, what tier do I cut first, lol?

Re: Cake Cutting

• We cut the bottom layer first. Your baker should explain all of that to you when you order.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_cake-cutting-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:325981aa-4912-4503-b7d6-7b42e2936edfPost:73a2c1f5-7ac1-4e4a-bd41-a2f1e6871223">Re: Cake Cutting</a>:
    [QUOTE]We cut the bottom layer first. Your baker should explain all of that to you when you order.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Our photographer talked us through the whole cake cutting.
    murrayed
  • My bottom layer's styrofoam, and we can't save the top tier (immediate cross country return trip, by car, followed by honeymoon, followed by international border crossing.) We're cutting the top one.
  • i would cut the middle tier then i dont think it would look right cutting the top.. good luck
  • Thank you for your help everyone. I wasn't sure on this one, I have been to many weddings but never really paid attention to the things like this, until now, haha.
  • Thanks for asking the question. I was wondering that myself!
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards