Christian Weddings

Poll - Wedding Shoes

I was looking at kcadonau's pics and it made me wonder about wedding shoes.  Feel free to include pics and the backstory

Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore sandals to match my ivory dress.  I kind of wish I had dyed them blue - I didn't have something blue.  But I wore a shorter dress toward the end of the reception so it might have looked funny??

• edited December 2011
    I'm not wearing a 'traditional' wedding dress.  (Wish I wasn't wearing a dress at all, but that's another thread...)  I got a pair of black peep toe pumps for the wedding.  I haven't worn a dress or heels of any kind in over 20 years.  I am still considering changing into dressy capris and flats as soon as the ceremony is over.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore tennis shoes.  I wish I could find a photo.  They were tall, platform skechers, aptly named "Love."  They were white with silver sparkly stripes on the side and a rhinestone heart charm on the laces.  They were oh so tacky and I loved them :-P

The hilarious part is that my grandma, whom I favor so much in personality and taste EXCEPT when it comes to girliness, was mortified when I told her I was wearing tennis shoes.  Everyone else thought it was hilarious and more than one person said, "I should've known!"  I'm a big one for comfortable shoes.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    I ended up with some nice, white "Comfort Plus" ballet flats. I wanted TOMS, but then I realized they could be seen underneath my dress (it was hemmed so that my feet poke out when I walk).
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore 3.75-inch heels, and they were super comfortable!  My feet hurt a little by the end of the night, but I've had worse with lower heels.  Below is the link if you're interested.  They're really pretty, too.

• edited December 2011
    I wore white flats that we found at payless. The only reason I got them is that we were on my way to my first fitting and I still needed shoes. They weren't broken in by the wedding and they were half a size small so they weren't the most comfortable but they did the job.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love love LOVE shoes that are a pop of color underneath the wedding dress. I wore gold 4" heels for the ceremony, cocktail hour, entrance into the reception, and first dance. As we sat down at our sweetheart table for the toasts, I changed into platform flip flops so they were tall enough to help my altered hem line not to drag on the floor while dancing.

Pic of the shoes on while 2 of my BM's helped me get my garter on

My something blue were my new initials under my shoes

The flip flops I wore for dancing at the reception were very similar to these Colin Stuart sandals from Victorias Secret in white.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1587d15f-ff9e-4607-8a6d-5d40dbd49ff0Post:3d243b3c-78a9-4f3d-bb14-51e83669aaa3">Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore 3.75-inch heels, and they were super comfortable!  My feet hurt a little by the end of the night, but I've had worse with lower heels.  Below is the link if you're interested.  They're really pretty, too. <a href="http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ivanka-trump-dermani-sandal-nordstrom-exclusive/3139422?origin=category&resultback=945" rel='nofollow'>http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ivanka-trump-dermani-sandal-nordstrom-exclusive/3139422?origin=category&resultback=945</a>
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]

Love your shoes.. they're GORGEOUS!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wearing 3.25" wedges.  They are actually quite comfy!  My wedding colors are black and white with red accents.  There's actually not a ton of red in the wedding (other than the flowers), so I decided that my shoes should be bright red!  I'll post pics tonight.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1587d15f-ff9e-4607-8a6d-5d40dbd49ff0Post:0727ef82-9d11-4480-82e3-f536f0f56dfb">Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]As we sat down at our sweetheart table for the toasts, I changed into platform flip flops so they were tall enough to help my altered hem line not to drag on the floor while dancing
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]
    What a great idea!  I am now in the market for platform flip flops, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    here are my shoes

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My shoes match the color scheme of the wedding - the shoes are champagne colored.  My BM's are wearing gold or champagne colored shoes and the GM's are wearing champagne colored vests.  Plus, I knew I probably wouldn't wear "wedding white" shoes again, but these champagne shoes I have at least 2 dresses that they'll go with in the future!! 

Here they are :
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Originally I was going to wear silver flip flops like my bridesmaids, but when I tried them on with the dress they looked terrible!! I decided to go with heels instead so I don't have to get my dress altered. My mom and I looked everywhere for shoes, but I wasn't drawn to anything wedding-ish in the least. I really wanted something blue, but also that I would actually wear again. I ended up with these and absolutely love them!

• edited December 2011
    I used some of my old, comfortable shoes, and covered them with glue and purple glitter -- so they're comfortable, but they're sort of new because I did something new to them.
  • edited December 2011
    I am wearing white glitter toms for mine. I think I may add something like "I do" or something else weddingy to them, but that's just a lingering idea that may or may not happen.

• edited December 2011
    i was going to wear TOMS until my FI explained his disgust for TOMS. He just randomly told me how ugly he thinks they are and especially the glitter ones. i NEVER told him i was going to get them... he just brought it up one day. ha. A few of his guy friends had TOMS and he said they look like "ninja shoes" lol. idk.

so now i just bought some very plain, white, comfy ballet flats from payless. i LOVE heels and think they are gorgeous but we have a love/hate relationship. My eyes LOVE heels but my feet HATE them! lol. Since i will be walking and dancing a lot... i decided to go with simple comfort. (:
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still torn. I would like to wear heels, but I also don't want my feet to hurt all night. I also have very sensitive skin on my feet so I need to find a shoe that won't give me blisters. I'm thinking about these:
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Dyeable-Wedge-Sandal-with-Criss-Cross-Front-LOVE_Accessories-Shoes-All-Shoes

Sorry I don't know how to make it clicky!
    edited December 2011
    I would have loved a higher heel and when I brought heels to the lady doing the dress alterations, she said that I had to find something much lower because my dress was too high off the floor.

Purple - those are really nice but I would worry about slipping out of them by accident (especially when dancing) since they don't have a strap in the back.  Would you be dancing at the reception?  Maybe you could change shoes if you needed to once you got to the reception like Kate

Kate - Did you have any trouble dancing in flip flops?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1587d15f-ff9e-4607-8a6d-5d40dbd49ff0Post:d4222672-46ba-488e-abee-d6b948a3c487">Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes : Love your shoes.. they're GORGEOUS!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

I agree!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my shoes dyed baby blue (at the salon now as we speak). I will dedazzle "I do" on the bottom. Here is a pic of them undyed.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1587d15f-ff9e-4607-8a6d-5d40dbd49ff0Post:0bb18cf2-2a1d-49d4-a8e9-05dda9378890">Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE] Purple - those are really nice but I would worry about slipping out of them by accident (especially when dancing) since they don't have a strap in the back.  Would you be dancing at the reception?  Maybe you could change shoes if you needed to once you got to the reception like Kate Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]
    I hadn't even thought about slipping out the back of them while dancing. I would like to find a wedge heel (like the one at DB) but not that high.
    edited December 2011
    Sprty: I love those! They are so pretty!!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks purple!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1587d15f-ff9e-4607-8a6d-5d40dbd49ff0Post:41fdd2a4-6b83-4e92-bbc1-fa2b103b3b08">Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll - Wedding Shoes : I hadn't even thought about slipping out the back of them while dancing. I would like to find a wedge heel (like the one at DB) but not that high.
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]
    Don't worry, my shoes are VERY similar to those (almost the same shoe really except red, with a flower over the toes, and HIGHER) and I tried dancing in them in my room.  As long as I wasn't trying to swing dance or anything, they stayed on, haha.  I will probably buy a cheap pair of flip flops or something for most of the dancing.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm voting other.  Being comfortable was one reason, but they WERE heels.  My shoes were my "old" item.  I'd worn them 5 years prior for a college formal.  No pics because I don't LOVE how they look.  Why did I wear shoes I don't love? 

1.  I already had them, as I said.
    2.  They're comfortable.
    3.  They were the perfect height, so I didn't have to pay to have my dress hemmed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Purple, look for some Ecco, Dansko, or Clark shoes and see if you find anything you like.  Those are, to me, the most comfortable heels ever.  Oh, Sofft is another great brand.

And OchemJenn, that's a giant picture!  I think you need to resize ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine off Amazon:

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing a pair of pink glitter TOMS. They're the most comfy shoes and I love how sparkly they are. They'll be fun under my dress! I believe there's a pic in my bio!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    edited December 2011
    I just got regular low-healed, white satin shoes with a soft point at a bridal shop. The shop dyed them ivory to match the dress and I found the black appliques there as well, which also matched very well!

I almost forgot, I changed into white fuzzy boots for outdoor photos :)

cuz there was SNOW!!!

you can see my BM's uggs peaking out too :)

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Finding shoes was probably the hardest part of all my attire. My feet are quite picky about what shoes they can handle long term.

I actually ended up with two pairs of shoes. The first set was white to go with my dress and for photos. Then I had a second set of silver ones that had more comfortable insoles for the reception. Both pairs were sandal-type with about a two inch heel. I knew I wanted to be able to swing dance at the reception, so finding shoes that allowed that without slipping around was a must!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards