Maryland

DIY Maryland Brides

Hello everyone!  My fiance and I are very recently engaged and in the early stages of planning our wedding :)  We are hoping to be married next fall around October/November!

Both of us have incredibly large families and are looking for great ways to stretch our budget.  Our first project is to seek out a semi-non traditional venue and I am looking for any tips!  We would ideally like to be married on the Eastern Shore around Kent Island.  I appreciate any help!

Re: DIY Maryland Brides

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! Those are all great ideas!  Yes, trimming our guest list is most likely not an option for us. We are definitely looking forward to the challenge though of throwing an amazing party to celebrate our marriage with all of our friends and family.  

We aren't tied to Kent Island per-say but we are interested in some areas near water and most of our family is near the Annapolis region.

Thank you again, this is a wonderful forum and I really appreciate your insight!
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Another way to cut costs is instead of doing a sit-down or buffet dinner you can just do heavy hors d'oevures and cake...so you would need to do a mid afternoon or a late evening wedding to get away with this one.  You can also have a signature cocktail and then just serve beer and wine instead of a full bar.

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think the Annapolis area has Camp Letts, a very pretty and different venue.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis has a hall and a nice waterfront ceremony area. The site fee was definitely on the lower side, and you can bring in your own caterer. have that baby catered by Red, Hot, and Blue, and it's a party!
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If you can find a place to bring in your own caterer, I will recommend KS catering to anyone.  I couldnt use them but their food was good and price was phenomenal

June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Maryland Brides are the best! Thank you all so much for your incredibly helpful and thoughtful tips :) We have so many options to investiagate and can't wait to get started!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards