Arizona-Tucson

searching for a seamstress named Elsa

I bought my dress off-the-rack up in Phoenix, and am looking to have my alterations done closer to home in Tucson.  My friend who got married a couple years ago sings huge praises for Elsa (I only have a first name, unfortunately), at David's Bridal.  Elsa no longer works for DB and they can't / won't give out contact info for her since obviously they can't steer business away from their in-house alterations, but someone did tell me she works independently now.

I tried the number at http://www.tucsoncentral.com/tucson-business-directory/elsas-alterations and there doesn't seem to be an Elsa at that number.

Anybody have any leads?  I would be forever in your debt!

Re: searching for a seamstress named Elsa

• There is a seamstress named Elsa who works at Alfred Angelo. She works Tuesday and Thursday I think. I got my dress there and she is my seamstress. She is great. If it is the same woman, I would recommend her as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_searching-for-a-seamstress-named-elsa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:2a88cfc5-3391-46b0-9b95-8e4ccedfb96fPost:241f6de2-c2b1-4bfe-9921-cfbd8b342395">Re: searching for a seamstress named Elsa</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a seamstress named Elsa who works at Alfred Angelo. She works Tuesday and Thursday I think. I got my dress there and she is my seamstress. She is great. If it is the same woman, I would recommend her as well. 
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll look into it!
  • Sorry I 'm late in this conversation, but I wasj just in AA and Elsa was there and came highly recommended for my dress bought elsewhere by the girl who works at AA.  I have her card and contact information if you would like it.
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_searching-for-a-seamstress-named-elsa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:2a88cfc5-3391-46b0-9b95-8e4ccedfb96fPost:6efb05b7-f7f6-40de-8666-56e4ef67900f">Re: searching for a seamstress named Elsa</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I 'm late in this conversation, but I wasj just in AA and Elsa was there and came highly recommended for my dress bought elsewhere by the girl who works at AA.  I have her card and contact information if you would like it.
    Posted by NikishaMcFall[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!  I'm sorry that I forgot to post in here that I already got Elsa's contact info from one of the AA ladies.  I have my first appointment with her next week. :)
  • UPDATE: Elsa is very sweet and does great work for what seems like a reasonable price.  She had me come back just one week after my initial pinning appointment.  I needed a few tweaks to really dial in the fit--but she took care of everything while I waited, and then pressed the hem, steamed the gown, and sent it home with me that day.  You'd never know that my wedding gown started out as a worn-down sample dress with a busted zipper (and was two sizes two big for me!).
  • I'm glad that you found her and had a good experience too! 

She fixed my dress, my mom's, and my bridesmaid's. She also order extra fabric from my dress and made a jacket from scratch. It is beautiful and exactly what I wanted. It wasn't that expensive. And she did everything very quickly. She fixed my mom's dress in less than a week because that was the only time my mom could come back from Phoenix to get the dress, but didn't charge her extra! I've been telling everyone to go see her!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DId you girls have any trouble getting in touch with her?  I left her a voicemail about 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard back at all.  I would love to work with her, but want to get this done soon.
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited January 2013
    I never had trouble getting in touch with her! The one time I left a voicemail, she returned my call later the same day. It might have just been an honest oversight... I'd try calling her again. :
  • I always when through the store and never contacted her directly. But like bystarlight said, I would just try calling again. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can you share her contact info?  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards