Arkansas

Picking out a bakery in arkansas

I'm trying to decide which bakery I want to do our cake. What I want for our wedding cake is a bit out of the ordinary for a wedding cake, but then again it would have to be to suit us. We are a halloween wedding for 2012. I have narrowed it down to a few. The blue cake company and rick's bakery. any suggestions?

Re: Picking out a bakery in arkansas

• mlhubbardmlhubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have an appt to do a tasting at Rick's!  We also made one w/Shelby Lynn's...be sure to call well in advance for an appt. with her because we had to book one a month out!  We REALLY like Carbajal's, but they are having some business issues so she didn't want to have a consult before she decides the future for her bakery.  Those are the places we are tasting/getting quotes from!
  • amandab2003amandab2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Blue Cake Company and I love them!
  • edited December 2011
    Ed's custom bakery in Conway is great! You should check them out.  They have a facebook page with pics.
  • lmdazelmdaze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes by Sam is by far has the best tasting cake around. They are easy to work with and can create anything you might want. They did my wedding in March and my guests are still talking about the cakes. Since then they have done my children's birthday cakes and they too have been fabulous! If you haven't looked at Cakes by Sam then you are missing out! 
  • edited December 2011
    I spent my entire college years going to Rick's on Saturdays to watch them make the wedding cakes, and have had countless cakes/treats from there.  I think they are bit more expensive, compared to some others, but the quality is there.  They are also quite creative, which might work well for you.
  • ShannonRayShannonRay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Boutique in Cedarville(just north of Van Buren). They may be out in the sticks, but they have some cute cakes!!!
    www.sweetboutiquecakes.com
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all the tips. we saw Ricks, and the blue cake co at th e bridal fair this last week, so I'm setting up a tasting with both.  Someome from Mickey's was also there. she made a really big push so we were thinking about trying all three before deciding on one. Has anyone heard anything about Mickey's speical affairs?
  • edited December 2011
    We are using PattiCakes bakery in Conway (501-205-1969).  They were BEYOND friendly and helpful.  They're making us this! 
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I have two daughters who graduated college in back to back years, so the same group of people were at both events.  First was 2009 in Fayetteville and we had Rick's bake her a cake.  It was good, but they didn't do a good job on the decorating.  They misspelled a word on it and it was poorly done, but I understand they have a really good reputation so maybe it was just because they were so busy that day.  In 2010, my other daughter graduated from UALR and we got a cake from Blue Cake.  The decorating was done very well and it wasn't just good.  It was so good that when I served it, my family members said if they had known how good it would be, they would have eaten less of their dinner so they could have extra cake.  So my preference is Blue Cake.  Rick's seemed fairly ordinary. 

• edited December 2011
    I love Community Bakery in downtown Little Rock.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards