July 2012 Weddings

Honeymoon

Hi Ladies,

We have yet to book our honeymoon, we don't know where we want to go.

We would like to go to Costa Rica but are worried about it being too hot out.

Where are you guys going?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon

• Do you definitely want to go out of the country? What do you want to do on your honeymoon? If we have a better idea of what your "ideal" honeymoon would be, we could make better suggestions.

We're going to Mauritius and then South Africa, but you probably don't have time to plan that because we had to book it pretty far in advance, so mine is of no help to you! Sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Aruba however it is hot there too.  I am a beach bum so heat, sun and sand were my 3 requirements. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am with Lady!  We are going to St. Lucia, although Costa Rica was a close 2nd.  I live in Philadelphia and my thoughts are.. in July its hot everywhere so why not be near a beach :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:17e864dc-e1bc-45b8-97cd-cd2aadc7f1ffPost:86ce398a-5898-47d2-b11c-d6b6e77fc508">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you definitely want to go out of the country? What do you want to do on your honeymoon? If we have a better idea of what your "ideal" honeymoon would be, we could make better suggestions. We're going to Mauritius and then South Africa, but you probably don't have time to plan that because we had to book it pretty far in advance, so mine is of no help to you! Sorry.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

We want to relax... we do like the sun! but worried that it might be too hot.. can't go outside out!

We also like adventure, like ziplines, canoeing, etc..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We talked about all kinds of places, but we finally decided on Orlando, FL. We live about 2 hours away from there. We have never been there together, and we wanted a somewhat relaxing honeymoon because we are having the wedding at our home, so we are doing a lot of the work ourselves. We figure we will be exhausted so we are staying close to home. We are staying at the JW Marriott. It all depends on what you like to do, and how much you want to spend. Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:17e864dc-e1bc-45b8-97cd-cd2aadc7f1ffPost:365a47aa-5b26-4a4c-8a47-0c3dc88178d4">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon : We want to relax... we do like the sun! but worried that it might be too hot.. can't go outside out! <strong>We also like adventure, like ziplines, canoeing, etc..
    </strong>Posted by paulandjen2012[/QUOTE]

I think Costa Rica is right up your alley, then. Have you considered Belize? I've also heard it's great there and similarly adventure-y. Although, all of these places will be hot in July. Unless you go north or South America below the Equator, it's probably going to be hot. What about Brazil? Or Peru? Just throwing some ideas out there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure of your budget but if you can go to Peru DO IT!  My co worker was at Machu Picchu last year and her photos alone are amazing!  Argentina is also a really cool country with sooo much to do!  Brazil is really great as well but you need a visa to visit.
  • All of your ideas sound fun.  We are taking our boat up the St. Lawrence River (1000 Islands) into Canada for 10 days.  We will spend a few days in each city and then make our way back.  I am looking so forward to fabulous sunsets and dinners for two!

paula, where ever you decide to go, if you have access to water it is all good.  That way you can have the best of both worlds.  Enjoy the planning.
  • We have thought about the Poconos but I just found out that his parents went their for their honeymoon.  Not sure if i want to do the same.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • South America is a great idea if you can swing it with your budget. We are going to Rome for a few days and then going on a Mediterranean cruise. It will be hot there too, but that's what I like! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing Napa Valley (wine country), with a day in San Francisco. We didn't need a week at the beach. Wine and cheese is more our speed lately :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Bora Bora, but we also booked pretty far out.  The temps are around 85 in July and August.

I can't imagine Costa Rica being too hot in the rainforest-y areas, though it's probably really humid. 

BTW, what do you consider too hot?  Being from AZ, too hot for me is when it hits about 110 degrees, but I would guess your idea of hot is different.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • We are going to Aruba. I think you'll be fine in Costa Rica, will just be humid. Anywhere Carribbean/Mexico is going to be this way. I've heard great things about Costa Rica/Panama and actually have a friend there traveling right now. There's Hawaii, or Catalina Island off of the coast of Los Angeles (would be good for a shorter honeymoon) Or you can probably get a great deal on a Mexican cruise right now being so last minute.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're going to Hawaii.

Maybe talk to a local travel agent and see what you can do for your budget/timeframe?  We LOVE our travel agent!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We are going to Bali, Indonesia for 2 weeks. The flight prices are pretty high but it super affordable once you get there because of the exchange rate. You get a lot more for your money in Southeast Asia. It will be hot and humid for the first week of the trip but then we are moving to more mountainous area where it's cooler for the second week.

I think Costa Rica would be awesome. Maybe just plan your activities for early in the day when the sun isn't so hot and then relax in the afternoon.
  • We're going to Hawaii and july/august is by far the hottest time to go. We really don't care though, haha. 

I would be more worried about rain in Costa Rica, summer months are rainy season if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't let weather hold you back from the honeymoon you want though. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Schatzi, I LOVED Berlin. You HAVE to do a walking tour (if physically capable). You will get the best experience out of this and they work off of "donations" so it's actually the cheapest way to do it. You just give him $20 (or whatever you can afford) at the end of the day. We did a day-long one but I believe they have half-days too. Berlin was the coolest place -- SO much history. I want to go back!

If you want the info of the walking tour company we used (seriously, AMAZING) let me know. If it's still the same people there, they are all former history majors who know sooo much about the city and all of the hidden things you wouldn't know if you just walked past.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about doing a B&B for a few days immediately following the wedding and moving the honeymoon out to the dead of winter?
  • ElysepaElysepa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You should go to Costa Rica!  It's an awesome place with so much to see - I went a couple years ago and loved it!  You can rent a car and drive across the country and visit beach, rainforest, and beach again.  It will be awesome.

FWIW - my very fair-skinned man and I are going to Isla Mujeres off Cancun in July.  We will have lots of sunscreen and can't wait to experience the island breeze:)

• Another place we have been looking at is Occidental Grand xcaret in Mexico.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:17e864dc-e1bc-45b8-97cd-cd2aadc7f1ffPost:404e2a4f-0067-41b2-8c88-bafbeba838d6">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Schatz<strong>i, I LOVED Berlin</strong>. You HAVE to do a walking tour (if physically capable). You will get the best experience out of this and they work off of "donations" so it's actually the cheapest way to do it. You just give him $20 (or whatever you can afford) at the end of the day. We did a day-long one but I believe they have half-days too. Berlin was the coolest place -- SO much history. I want to go back! If you want the info of the walking tour company we used (seriously, AMAZING) let me know. If it's still the same people there, they are all former history majors who know sooo much about the city and all of the hidden things you wouldn't know if you just walked past.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

One of my Favorite cities by far!!  I wish I would have known about the walking tour that sounds awesome!  I will be in Frankfurt in a few weeks (not nearly as interesting or fun) and I did a walking tour there the last time I visited.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:17e864dc-e1bc-45b8-97cd-cd2aadc7f1ffPost:cd4bd8b4-5e02-46c3-8046-7bb0aa1b5a17">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]South America is a great idea if you can swing it with your budget. We are going to Rome for a few days and then going on a Mediterranean cruise. It will be hot there too, but that's what I like! 
    Posted by dawnleanna1[/QUOTE]

We are also going to Italy, but we're flying into Venice, then taking the train to Florence, then Rome. FI has been there, but I haven't so we're super excited. We're not huge sun/beachy people so we decided to something that offered more sightseeing. Everyone's trips sound amazing - wish I could take 5 different honeymoons to see it all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:17e864dc-e1bc-45b8-97cd-cd2aadc7f1ffPost:dec8b4b1-5b49-4808-b9f4-c9537e3f88b3">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Aruba however it is hot there too.  I am a beach bum so heat, sun and sand were my 3 requirements. 
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Same here and we are headed to the same place.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Costa Rica sounds great! We were thinking about it but my Dad was freaking out about the safety of it, so we're going to St. John instead. It has some of the same activities as St. John and was very easy to book because it's a US territory.
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:17e864dc-e1bc-45b8-97cd-cd2aadc7f1ffPost:f72fc691-af18-43d0-a503-2933635e0bf0">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Costa Rica sounds great! We were thinking about it but my Dad was freaking out about the safety of it, so we're going to St. John instead. It has some of the same activities as St. John and was very easy to book because it's a US territory.
    Posted by toomanychoices17[/QUOTE]

St. John Canada?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • St. John in the US Virgin Islands. It is hot, like Costa Rica, but was easier to book. 2/3 of the island is a national park so there is nice hiking. We're also going snorkeling, kayaking, etc.

Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're still on the fence but we're thinking of doinga  mini-moon and doing a road trip and driving to the Eats Coast (of Canada, aka.a Maritimes) and just sight see and stay at B&Bs and then take our honeymoon in January of next year.  I'm wanting to go to Costa Rica too.  I was actually told a great time to go is in August.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Disney World :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're mini-mooning at our favorite getaway, Cambria, California. There's the beach, great galleries and shops, and wine tasting in nearby Paso Robles. I think we're also going to take a tour at Hearst Castle (we've done Tour 1 already). Next year we're planning our big honeymoon to London around our first anniversary. Good luck on your honeymoon planning!
    image 82 Invited image 64 Confirmed image 14 Declined image 4 Who Knows?
    RSVP Date: June 20th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cruise to the Bahamas!  Yay!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards