Colorado-Denver

Anyone getting married in September and or at Stonebrook Manor?

2»

Re: Anyone getting married in September and or at Stonebrook Manor?

• gretiffagretiffa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok Girls, I got the details on the cake thing at Stonebrook!  If you havent already scheduled your appointment to meet with Marla, go ahead and do so. I ordered my cake!  The process was simple and painless!  So I asked her "What kind of cake can I get without having to pay anything more?"  She said I could have any cake that was covered in frosting!  She has lots of albums that I hadnt seen before, they gave lots of great ideas!  So I ended up getting a 3 teir cake, 3 different flavors and paid just a little more for the extra nice fillings.  I will pay no more than $40.00!  Attached is a picture of a similar cake. I changed it up a bit, because this cake is covered in fondant, so I needed something a little different since the frosting cant do the same details.  She also has different types of cake stands, and there was no extra charge for those either. So I picked something that looks like the one in my picture!  I really had fun picking the cake, cant wait to see what you have chosen for yours!
    I found my shoes this week also!  It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be.  I went to Off Broadway Shoes and right away found 4 pairs that I really liked. After trying them all on, only one really felt right!  And I paid less than $50.!  Super excited! 
    I really need help with Centerpiece ideas, so if you have any great ideas send them my way.  Do you know where I could rent crystal candelabras?
    How are things on your end?
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany,

Thanks for posting your cake info.  I scheduled my appointment for the 27th and I spoke to Marla on the phone and asked what alternatives she had to fondant and she said she had SO many pictures to help us decide.  SO EXCITING!  It's nice to know there are alternatives out there that are still just as beautiful.  Your cake pic is beautiful! :)

BTW, explain what a wishing tree is (your guest book thing).  It looks awesome, are you making it yourself? 

I have no centerpiece advice for you :(  I chose to use the flower lady so that she would do it all for me.  Have you looked at event rental places for candelabras?
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW, you are all going to post pictures after the fact right?  Or at least give a link.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out for everone!!! :)
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls,

Met w/ Marla yesterday, she is SO nice!  It was truly painless and I couldn't believe how easy it was.  We did 3 different flavors: bottom tier-vanilla bean w/ strawberries, middle tier-carrot cake (blech, but FI and FILs LOVE) and top tier-lemon w/ raspberry.  Below is a look-alike-pic.  I'm changing one tier of ribbon to cherry ribbon, and no flowers on top, only a cake topper.  SO exciting! :)

How is the planning going?
    Photobucket

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm glad you got your cake taken care of and it looks very pretty.  It sure feels good to get things marked off the list, huh? 

We will of course send you pictures of our special day after the fact. I cant wait to see yours too.

I finally decided on centerpieces.  We are going to use vintage metal and crystal candle stick holders, some will hold candles and others will hold flowers. They will all be different shapes and sizes and surrounded by tea lights and petals.  I hope it turns out as pretty as I picture it.  We are currently on the hunt for the candle stick holders.  Going to make many trips to the thrift stores. 

We are going to get the tux fittings next week. and picking up my invitations. I'm mailing them out at the end of June.  And I'm getting a Bridal Shower July 17th.  How about you?  What are your upcoming plans?

Here is a picture of my centerpiece inspiration.  Just adding some candles in there.

• ekurtenbekurtenb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls! Sorry to join in on your conversation... but I'm getting married at Stonebrook in 52 days! Yikes! We are having our first dance choreographed and our instructor wants to know the dimensions of the dance floor.... Do any of you know the exact dimensions?! Thanks so much!
    Emily
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I dont know the dimensions I would just call them.   We are also going to have our dance choreographed, who are you using? 

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked up my invites today! I'm so happy with them, I just had to show you!  We are going to get fitted for Tuxes on Friday!

• ekurtenbekurtenb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called about the dance floor. The dimensions are 12 x 24!  We are using Rachael Demers for our choreography. She was recommended to me by another CO knottie. We've had 2 lessons so far and we've really enjoyed them! We have our dance mapped out; just need to clean it up a bit and really master the Rumba! Let me know if you want her info!
    Emily
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Misty, I hope all is going well for you!  Its getting super close!  I havent posted on here in a while, but wanted to see how things are coming along for you. I"m going to Stonebrook tomorrow to do our 30 day appointment. I'm looking forward to it!  Well, Kinda! Not looking forward to seeing how much I owe! :)  Have you been already, what can I expect?  When is your Wedding date again?  
    Tiffany
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Tiffany!

Yes we went to our meeting last Thursday.  It was kind of a lot to take in at once.  We actually didn't talk numbers, since the final count isn't due until 10 days before wedding (our wedding date is 9.18, so final count due 9.8).  BUT, be prepared to make a lot of linen decisions.  Even if you aren't adding a color or chair ties, you still need to pick napkins and buffet splash.  AND they don't all need to be the same.  Like one table can have red napkins and the next table has black napkins, etc.

I did ask A LOT of questions, so don't feel bad, we need to be prepared, right? :)  Just make sure to have all your questions with you (I had mine printed out).  They did answer a lot just in the info they provide, but I still had some.  Some of the info given made me have questions for my vendors, so be prepared for that too :)

We also walked around the ballroom so I could see the paper layout vs the physical layout.  I was nervous going into the meeting, but excited coming out of it. It's all downhill from here!

Misty
    Photobucket

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats Awesome!  Do they let you physically see the linens and how they will look on the tables? Is there different table layouts(such as how they fold the napkins, etc..)?  I have some friends going to alot of stonebrook weddings and one is the weekend before us, do you happen to know the Blair family?  They are going to a wedding the weekend prior to us, and I was wondering if it was you?  How funny would that be?  I dont have alot of questions, what kind of questions did you ask?  What menu are you using and which package (rose, orchid)?   Besides bringing the vendor list, what else do I need to bring?  Its really handy having someone go in before you! :)
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany,

They have a photo book w/ pictures, just like they did w/ the cakes to go over linens.  So you can see different options.  They do have a color palette, so if you have a swatch of fabric, they can match it up.  I think they only put the napkins in the water glasses, I didn't ask for other ways, so put that as a question on your list :)  You also pick your head table, sweetheart vs. place settings at head.  You can have different linens there too.

I asked a lot of questions about guest count.  We have babies and kids coming, so I didn't know how they're counted.  According to Terren, if they are not old enough to eat, they DO NOT get counted as a guest in the final tally.  But if they have to sit in a high chair, they still count as a place setting at a table.  Since I am doing a seating chart, I had lots of table-related questions.  I also have vendors that are guests, so I needed to see how that played into the equation.

We are doing the full monty-orchid package w/ rocky mountain food choices.  Terren will ask you all of the food questions as well and if you want to add anything to the bridal suites.  I added a cheese/cracker tray (for good Lord, $100), just in case we needed to eat something right before the main event.  The last thing I want is to feel faint or something and not have food there.  I think they really screw you on that food, but I see how it's kind of worth it.

Other questions I had were:
    *If we do a slideshow, do we bring our own laptop?  Answer: no, SB has one, but you need to bring your CD in sometime during business hours to test it out.

*How are the other tables set up (cake, guestbook, etc)?  Answer: Terren has a room layout that she goes thru w/ all the extra table and a projected guest table count (we have 12 guest tables and 1 kids table)

*Can we do uplighting? Answer: yes, just let me know your vendor at the 9.8 final count consult

*Does SB have high chairs? Answer: yes, just let me know at the 9.8 final count consult on how many you need and which tables

*Are guests that come to ceremony only counted in final tally? Answer: No, don't even tell me about them.  We have extra chairs set up at the ceremony for that reason

Hope this helps!  Good luck w/ your meeting, I had a lot of fun!

ETA: I do not know the Blairs, must be the other ballroom that they're going to.  That would've been crazy though! :)
    Photobucket

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do any of you have an email address for Nancy at Stonebrook.  Terren isnt getting done what I want done and need to get in touch with her. I will call if I cant get an email. 
    When you signed up did you get offered any special pricing for signing up before a certain deadline?  I did, and Terren isnt relaying the message.  And wont get me a estimate invoice based on my current headcount.  I just want an estimate, but she says Nancy is too busy to do that.  It will take her 10 mins, seriously, the money we are popping into that place they can take 10 mins!  This is my first frustration and hopefully only frustration with the place.
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would just be nancy@stonebrookmanor.com.  That's what Terren's is...
    We didn't get any special pricing, so I can't help you out there :(  Sorry you're going thru this!!!  Hope it all works out.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards