DC
Options

Bridal Suite recommendation

I'm getting married in October and am now booking my blocks of rooms for out of town guests.  I'm not thrilled with staying at the same place as my guests and would love some suggestions for local places to spend my wedding night.  Any recommendations?

Re: Bridal Suite recommendation

• Options
    You may want to consider putting the guests in a hotel close to either the ceremony or reception venue.  That will make it easy for them.  Our guests stayed in the same hotel as we did.  We didn't run into anyone until we were checking out, for what it's worth.

Without knowing the specific addresses of those two places, it's difficult to make a concrete recommendation.  But ... that doesn't mean to publish them, just know that you may not receive specific recommendations.
  • Options
    What area and what price range? Some friends stayed at the Hotel Monaco downtown for their wedding and loved it, but that might not make a lot of sense if you're not getting married in the city. And I'd love to stay at the Four Seasons for my wedding, but that's well out of our budget.
  • Options
    I actually got this all figured out just last night.  We weren't looking to break the bank nor put our guests and potentially ourselves into a motel 6.  The venue is in Clarksburg, MD. My FI and I would have been willing to drive anywhere in the DMV area for our wedding night as we are flying out for our honeymoon in the evening the following day.  But the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg had great reviews from previous brides having their wedding there.  I took a look at both their facilities and website and was very impressed.  When I requested a quote for a room block, Amanda from the HI got right back to me and the prices were great, esp for that area.  And for every night we have 20 paying rooms, we get their $1200 bridal suite complimentary.  And if we have at least 15 paying rooms, we get it for $150.  So it seems like a no-brainer to us.  We are even having our rehearsal dinner there too for a very reasonable price.
    Happy Bride.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards