Snarky Brides
Options

What are you drinking for NYE?

I was too lazy to go out and buy anything to drink for tonight so I am improvising with what we have...

A bottle of white wine (simple enough)

"Punch" - White Rum, Pomegranate Martini Mix, Grenadine and Pink Grapefruit Perrier... - this is the one that is made of up stuff we had either in our bar or in our fridge...I have no idea what it will taste like but it will be pink and I like pink drinks. Now I just need a name for it.

So what are you going to be drinking?

Re: What are you drinking for NYE?

• Options
    Water, or possibly grapefruit juice.

Oh yeah, we're exciting ;)
  • Options
    I have white wine, champagne and scotch. I dont know what order I will be drinking but I may try to make some sort of champagne cocktail if I can find some random things in the fridge and liquor cabinet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Water and/or ginger ale with pomegranate. However, the people we are "partying" with will be having the leftover beer and wine from our wedding.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Diet dew right now.  Probably beer all night so I don't end up praying to the porcelain goddess.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We've got an assortment of fancy beer, a bunch of different wines, and a huge bottle of champagne. I'm thinking we will probably only open the champagne. I'm not in a big drinky mood today.

• Options
    Probably cheap wine, although I'm trying to get up and back out to the liquor store to get something a little more exciting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drinking-nye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae0974c4-0bd7-4e13-a08e-cb1429766891Post:f4a5a2e4-4618-4ca7-8ee7-a72e0c8d4cd5">Re: What are you drinking for NYE?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you drinking for NYE? : Our wine rack never seems to stay full for long. After tonight all there will be in it is a bottle of Champagne that we are saving for our 1st anniversary...
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Yeah ours usually doesn't either. We haven't quite known what to do with a full rack. It's all courtesy of the $5 wine though.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    I'm the designated driver  :(

The guys will be drinking Sailor Jerry & Coke and Blackhous & 7UP.
    imageimage
  • Options
    oh and #55, if you weren't out at the liquor store when it opened, it's probably good you didn't bother. H & I made the mistake of going on NYE after work last year and I wanted to go Lara Croft on everyone. H went as soon as they opened this morning since he was off.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Pink champagne!Kiss
  • Options
    I'm currently enjoying a Mike's Harder Lemonade spiked with sweet tea vodka.  Sort of a twisted Arnold Palmer.  It's delicious.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drinking-nye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae0974c4-0bd7-4e13-a08e-cb1429766891Post:0258ab16-fea3-42e9-b770-b3d63d08ea59">Re: What are you drinking for NYE?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm currently enjoying a Mike's Harder Lemonade spiked with sweet tea vodka.  Sort of a twisted Arnold Palmer.  It's delicious.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Mmmm, I think I might pick up MIke's Hard Iced Tea.  Yummmm.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drinking-nye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae0974c4-0bd7-4e13-a08e-cb1429766891Post:2f79cadf-f42e-41e3-a124-7f4cfd6703ef">Re: What are you drinking for NYE?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I wanted to go Lara Croft on everyone. 
    Posted by Pirata13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Okay, so this was DH EVERYSINGLETIME we went to The Bay (think Macy's) to deal with our registry...he HATED the women who worked there and was so frustrated with the service. Your comment totally made me picture his unhappy face in this situation.

</div>
  • Options
    I'm joining Any with the amaretto sours. Making some jello shooters, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just went to BevMo got a bottle of sparkling wine and a mini bottle of champagne for midnight. This is assuming, of course, that we get home from work in time. If I'm still at work, than they let us have one free drink at midnight. Not going crazy or anything tonight. We have to getup early tomorrow and drive to the desert for our annual camping trip.
  • Options

Oh, man - we made jello shooters with Everclear once.  They were so awful, but potent as hell.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm making hot chocolate right now.  Going to put peppermint schnapps in it.
    panther
  • Options
    So all of this talk about drinking made me think, hmmm I should start drinking. I just made an attempt to make a scotch fizz and it is nasty. Anyone have any good suggestions for champagne cocktails?
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Champagne Cocktails...we had these when we were getting ready before the wedding. I LOVE them...Champagne, White Cranberry Juice, Grenadine Syrup.  Again, pink and lovely!
  • Options
    I'm drinking Mr. Pibb. But I also made a juice with cran-pomegranate and apple juice. I'm waiting for it to chill so I can have a glass.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drinking-nye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae0974c4-0bd7-4e13-a08e-cb1429766891Post:8df4ba75-ef51-4c63-851e-3958004f24bc">Re: What are you drinking for NYE?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Champagne Cocktails...we had these when we were getting ready before the wedding. I LOVE them...Champagne, White Cranberry Juice, Grenadine Syrup.  Again, pink and lovely!
    Mmm, that sounds awesome!  FI is making me wait for him to get home before I go to the liquor store because I can't handle carrying his drink order home (the liquor store is down the street, so we usually just walk there).
  • Options
    Uuuugh im so not drinking now, i think I took too many different meds because I feel so awful and out of it right now :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drinking-nye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae0974c4-0bd7-4e13-a08e-cb1429766891Post:50d0ae8e-7a7e-47e4-b96a-1e0d083e51e0">Re: What are you drinking for NYE?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uuuugh im so not drinking now, i think I took too many different meds because I feel so awful and out of it right now :(
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you start drinking it will bring you back to normal. Sound advice here.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_drinking-nye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae0974c4-0bd7-4e13-a08e-cb1429766891Post:4f79fd6d-2103-48c9-aa1e-789fc68c7518">What are you drinking for NYE?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So what are you going to be drinking?

Sparkling apple cider!
  • Options
    DH bought our favorite Champagne for our toast after we ge back from dinner.
  • Options
    We're heading to dinner in just a few, so I think I'll have a couple of vodka & diet cokes there (with a splash of lime). But I've still got a couple bottles of champagne in the fridge leftover from our housewarming party. So I'm sure I'll crack open one of those when we get home.
  • Options
    We went to the liquor store after I got off of work. We got champagne and stuff for kamikazis and screwdrivers. Neither one of us usually drinks all that much, but we decided we'd like to get a little plastered tonight. Happy New Year!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Jello shooters and something with orange juice and a shitton of liquor. :) happy new year, ladies!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Chardonnay...done with half a bottle...lol
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    Prosecco!  Mmmmmmm!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards