Maine
Options

venue decisions....

i'm having a really hard time deciding on my venue- i am going for a rustic barn look and pretty much have it narrowed down to two.
spring meadows in gray http://www.springmeadowsgolf.com/
the planner is VERY nice and is so accomodating to my needs but i just don't know if it has the "look" i am going for. i am trying to imagine it because it is going to be a lot less work then the other one i am thinking of.
chandler house b&b is my other location in new glouster- its a beautiful old barn but i would have to pretty much do everything myself/with friends helping. but it has that old rustic barn look i am going for...
i am trying to be cost effective here as well because my parents are paying for my wedding but i still do not want to make it super expensive for them.
i'm so torn over which one will be better but i also want to have the look i have imagined for my wedding..... suggestions PLEASE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: venue decisions....

• Options
    yeah thats what i think i should do.... i really love the b&b but i just think its going to be a lot of work but i have to weigh the costs to see which one will be more efficent
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We ran into this same problem, while you were saving money on the B & B you are putting in a lot more work to get it to where you want it. Where at Spring Meadows you dont have to do nearly as much work but it cots a bit more. The reason we went with the B & B instead was because we could have our own caterer and the charm of the barn itself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely agree on the pros/cons lists.

I also say that there is a lot to be said for the amount of work needing to go into a place. If you have plenty of help, I would say it wouldn't be bad. But inevitably, it can be frustrating and really stressful to be that close to the day and still have work to do. I went to a friends wedding (which H and I were not in, but still good friends with both) and we spent the entire day before the wedding setting things up. I helped all day long, even when a LOT of the BMs decided to go swimming instead. I really didn't mind helping because she is my friend, but it was definitely an exhausting day. It's hard to do that to your guests, even if they are willing.

There is so much stress that day without having to set everything up as well. If that is the option you choose, just make sure you are ready for the extra work and that you schedule a realistic amount of time to get it all done. Last thing you'd want would be to be behind because things took longer than you thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    yea i should make a list.. but i really love the barn in new glouster.. it may be more work but this is a  once in a lifetime experience and i want it to be beautiful and what i have imagined. and i have a great support system behind me to help me with everything i need!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I think you should also see when you would be able to get in and set up at the B&B. It may be more stress on you if you can't until the morning of the wedding. We checked on a place like that. If we wanted to go in the day before and set up we had to rent the room for the whole day. Also it was a B&B and if we wanted the reception past 8pm we had to have all the rooms booked. Just lucky that our venue allows us to come in 3 days before if we wanted. That is a huge help and they do everything for you. Good Luck. Go with what you really love and have that feeling that you can see your wedding there.

• Options
    yeah for the b&b we would have the day before to come in and set up which is nice. i love the feel of it. but now i wanna look into pine land as well. my parents are paying for my wedding but i still wanna keep it cheap as possible
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_venue-decisions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:0b076bf5-84e2-4201-b0f3-a330f2392edfPost:9efa0a85-332d-46c1-b167-18c9f8175747">Re: venue decisions....</a>:
    [QUOTE]yea i should make a list.. but i really love the barn in new glouster.. it may be more work but this is a  once in a lifetime experience and i want it to be beautiful and what i have imagined. and i have a great support system behind me to help me with everything i need!
    Posted by joellennitsche[/QUOTE]

I think you made a decision already. :) Everything you said just then tells me that it's what you want. As long as you are ready for the extra work and budget your time accordingly, go for what you want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards