Hawaii
Options

Aloha, I'm new to the board!

Aloha, I'm getting married on August 25, 2012! My fiance and I both work and live in Honolulu. We've been having fun planning a local green wedding with lots of DIY projects on a low budget. Looking forward to talking with other Oahu knotties! Michelle
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Aloha, I'm new to the board!

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!  It's always nice to have new members on our board.  Tell us more about your wedding!  Size, colors, how you & FI met, etc.  Congrats and enjoy this last month!
  • Options

Mahalo! I met my FI in 8th grade, then we reconnected 19 years later via Facebook. We are getting married on Oahu at a sunrise ceremony on the beach, followed by a dinner reception at a private estate. Our colors are dark grey (like lava) and bright orchid green (cymbidium orchid). We're expecting 60 guests and working with a $12K budget (paying for it ourselves). To keep costs down, I've been avoiding the big name vendors and seeking out local vendors... Lolo Gardens Artisan Bakery for breakfast treats on the beach, Ginniberries Catering for our reception dinner, Diamond Head Bakery for our cake, and Sweet As Sugar for our cake pops. I've been planning since November, so it is nice to be in the final month!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aloha and Congrats!! My FI and I are also getting married in Honolulu. I cannot wait.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That sounds so lovely!  I can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos.  I love how unique every wedding on this board is.  Make sure to post vendor reviews so some of these new finds of yours are easy for everyone else to find!
  • Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the board all the ladies on here are great and full of advice. Good luck on your last month of planning!
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards