Canada-Ontario

Alternates to a Limo?

I'm wondering if I can get away with using taxis on our wedding day instead of a limo.

My fiance and I are getting ready in seperate locations with our respecitve parties (3 people each). We will both be in downtown Toronto, our "first look" pictures will be taken about 20 minutes away, and then our venue (ceremony & reception at the same place) is also in downtown Toronto. We would really only require transportation from our getting ready palces to the first look location and then over to the venue. I'm not sure I want to spend hundreds of dollars for about 1 hour-1.5 hours of work. Realistically, the limo would spend more time sitting around waiting for us then actually driving. I was considering having some of the bridal party drive but parking is a pain in the bum downtown and that may eat up time.

Has anyone tried this? Any other suggestions?

Re: Alternates to a Limo?

• Sure.  You can also get a town car through a taxi or airport taxi company or van cab (they have white ones that aren't too ugly).  Or you can rent exotic or vintage cars too!

We hired a 15 passenger van cab to transport our guests to and from the reception.
  • I agree with the other two posters - no one says you have to get a limo for your wedding.  If everything's all downtown, taxis are a great option.  And unless you had your heart set having your photo taken while you get out of a limo, there's no reason to get one. 

Try Uber.  It's a taxi service that provides taxis (usually black sedans) or SUV's for bigger groups.  They even have an app where you can just type in the pick up address and the time you need them for.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I will check into them. My main concern is getting everyone to and from the picture location to the venue without incident. I will check into Uber - sounds interesting!Thanks again.
  • uber sound fantastic, i wish they offered their services outside of the downtown core and airport! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_alternates-to-a-limo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:435fe087-9eae-4738-bec1-d60edb4fc4c4Post:a84b8025-4002-4377-9333-7c860c387313">Alternates to a Limo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wondering if I can get away with using taxis on our wedding day instead of a limo. My fiance and I are getting ready in seperate locations with our respecitve parties (3 people each). We will both be in downtown Toronto, our "first look" pictures will be taken about 20 minutes away, and then our venue (ceremony & reception at the same place) is also in downtown Toronto. We would really only require transportation from our getting ready palces to the first look location and then over to the venue. I'm not sure I want to spend hundreds of dollars for about 1 hour-1.5 hours of work. Realistically, the limo would spend more time sitting around waiting for us then actually driving. I was considering having some of the bridal party drive but parking is a pain in the bum downtown and that may eat up time. Has anyone tried this? Any other suggestions?
    Posted by meghasaurus[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes, this is what we're thinking as well. We're looking into hiring 'town cars'

</div>
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards