Moms and Maids

Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long

So, I know my wedding is still a while away. However, the person that I have been best friends with for 18 yearswas supposed to be my best friend. Well, needless to say after yesterday's events, she is no longer even an aquaintence.

ALONGGGGstory short, my fiance has a "daughter" [it was his ex's daughter that he was involved in her life from the time she was 6 months old] from a previous relationship. Her daughter's mother *Jae plays entirely TOO MANY games when it comes to him letting him visit her. His daughter, *Jasmine is now 5 and often asks to see her daddy. Jae took Jasmine and moved about hours away which is really no big deal until my fiance is supposed to visit her. I do know that a good part of the problem was when I came into the picture. Jae really started games then. However, I nipped that in the butt immediately and tried to be nice to her--added her on Facebook, talked to her about Jasmine from time to time, talked about parenting (I have two boys from a previous relationship). I was just trying to keep the peace since I came from divorced parents who had an UGLY divorce.

ALONGERRRRstory short, last weekend, Jae was in town and called my fiance and told him she would be in the area on Sunday and asked would he be around so that Jasmine could see him. My fiance told her that he would be home all day. On Sunday afternoon, Jae called his cell phone and my fiance missed that call by maybe 2 minutes. When *JD called back, Jay caught an attitude basically because he wasn't at her beck & call when she called his cell phone, she then decided that he couldn't see Jasmine. So of course, this upset him. Jae is very dramatic and rude.

Yesterday, Jae was being her usual self, over dramatic and crying for attention. At some point over the weekend, she posted on twitter that she had supposedly "fainted." My ex-MOH asked her how she was doing and Jae responded fine. No harm, right? Wrong. Jae continues to post on twitter how JD is a "horrible father" and makes "terrible decisions especially about who he chooses to be his wife." I saw it immediately. I sent Jae a message on Facebook explaining to her that I didn't appreciate the nasty comments on Twitter and that I honestly wish that she would stop playing games when it came to Jasmine. I told her that I was sorry that the plans that her and JD had once made (they were expecting a baby, but due to stupid decisions that Jae made, they lost their baby and that caused their break-up) fell through. However, making my life a living hell (another long story for another post I guess) was not going to fix anything. She then fires back at me, telling me that it's my fault that Jasmine cannot have JD in her life like she should and that I am a "homewrecking trick" (let's keep in mind, I didn't even know him 4 years ago when they broke up) and I should burn in hell along with my father (who recently passed in the beginning on February). So naturally, my reaction is to fly off the handle (which I can admit that I am known to do) and I simply told her that I tried to give the benefit of the doubt and didn't want to lable her as one of those petty mothers who tries to use their child as a pawn, but apparently I was oh so wrong! I can admit that I am not completely innocent in that world war.

Later on, I was texting my ex-MOH about the scenario from yesterday and we were comparing it to something that happened about a month ago (again. another long story). I did say something about the fact that I think Jae is lunatic and poor excuse for a mother who doesn't get her way. My ex-MOH starts DEFENDING Jae. WTF?!?!?!?! I'm like seriously?. My ex-MOH honor had it out, which resulting in me telling her to f*#k off and she can forget about being my maid of honor and I sure as hell don't wanna be her's (she's getting married in August). We all know that Jae is NOTORIOUSfor throwing herself pitty parties and it was more than evident that my ex-MOH was the first to accept the invitation to the one that was held yesterday!

Today, mutual friends are telling me that she was posting rude statuses about me on Facebook & Twitter (I blocked her on both) and on Twitter, she's apparently chatting it up with her new BFF Jae. The funny thing is, just two weeks ago, ex-MOH was bashing Jae & calling her an attention whore because of some things that she has posted on Twitter. But, they're suddenly BFF's now? lol. Ex-MOH is going to other mutual friends telling them she "can't figure out" why I asked her to step out of my wedding. Bi*ch really? lol

Now, I know that I fly off at the handle a lot, but am I wrong for kicking her out?

*I changed their names for privacy issues

Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    YES, you are beyond wrong for kicking her out.

You seriously kicked out your BFF of 18 yearsover a Twitter/FB spat?  Grow the eff up!  This is something that your FI's ex started and it has now ruined an 18 year old friendship.  The FI's ex is probably delighted that this happened.....and you let it happen, so shame on you.

If I were you, I would be begging on my hands and knees for your BFF to forgive you.  Then again, I would never do that to one of my friends as I prefer to handle things like and adult and talk it out, not get wreckless with my emotions.

There is absolutely NO reason to kick out a member of your WP unless she is trying to get in FI's pants or has recently acted in a harmful manner to you and or your family.  Period.

Your biggest mistake here was letting all of your frustrations out in regards to the ex, onto your BFF.  It's one thing to have talked to her about your feelings, but you let your emotions about the ex get wrapped into all of this and now you are out a MOH and more importantly, your BFF.

• I'm sorry... I had to stop after ".... nipped that in the butt..."  Once I stopped laughing i continued on.

FYI - it's "nipped that in the bud"... People "nip" buds off plants, they don't nip butts - at least not publicly and probably not without being arrested.

• Completely crazy jcb. 

CN = Crazy #1 is OP,  Crazy #2's is Crazy #1's fiance's ex, Crazy #3 is Crazy #1's BF/MOH.  Crazy #2 stirs up some trouble on FB and Twitter, Crazy #3 takes her side, Crazy #1 loses it and kicks Crazy #3 out of her wedding and her life. 
  • jhackett125jhackett125 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

OBX2011; first of all, she should have been acting like a "best friend." even if I had handled the situation incorrectly with Jae, ex-MOH should have had MY back. considering everything that happened before. and as far as the Facebook & Twitter sutff, that's only icing on top of other problems that were created. nobody is happy about yesterday, but however, most people see why I got mad.

skippylouwho; it's called a typo? seriously. you act like it never happened to you when you're typing a little bit faster than what you're actually thinking.

jcbsjr & girlie1030: there were plenty of issues before facebook & twitter were involved thank you! yesterday just takes the cake.

and FYI to ALL of you, talked to ex-MOH's own mother & she even agreed that I had every reason to be disapointed in ex-MOH considering this isn't the first time she's stabbed me in the back (just nothing ever like this) and she should have been on MY side to begin with.

• So long story short, you kicked your MOH out of the wedding and ended the friendship because you were bitching about your FI's daughter's mother to her and she defended Fi's daughter's mother?

You're not mature enough to get married.

• If you have no problem ending this friendship and it doesn't weigh on you, then good for you. Just be prepared to deal with the reprocussions. You have probably lost your best friend of 18 years. To me, this doesn't seem worth it, but whatever.

And no matter what your reasoning, people (online and in RL) are probably going to think you're immature for the way you handled this and the relation to online/FB drama. There was no need for you to message Jae about her comments regarding Jasmine's father. She can think/say whatever she wants about him, and you may know it's not true, but you don't have to make her see that...you let her comments get to you and she got defensive.
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:f54007d1-04ae-4e7b-b546-02bcd8076cce">Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I know my wedding is still a while away. However, the person that I have been best friends with for 18 years was supposed to be my best friend. Well, needless to say after yesterday's events, she is no longer even an aquaintence. A LONGGGG story short, my fiance has a "daughter" [it was his ex's daughter that he was involved in her life from the time she was 6 months old] from a previous relationship. Her daughter's mother *Jae plays entirely TOO MANY games when it comes to him letting him visit her. His daughter, *Jasmine is now 5 and often asks to see her daddy. Jae took Jasmine and moved about hours away which is really no big deal until my fiance is supposed to visit her. I do know that a good part of the problem was when I came into the picture. Jae really started games then. However, I nipped that in the butt immediately and tried to be nice to her--added her on Facebook, talked to her about Jasmine from time to time, talked about parenting (I have two boys from a previous relationship). I was just trying to keep the peace since I came from divorced parents who had an UGLY divorce. A LONGERRRR story short, last weekend, Jae was in town and called my fiance and told him she would be in the area on Sunday and asked would he be around so that Jasmine could see him. My fiance told her that he would be home all day. On Sunday afternoon, Jae called his cell phone and my fiance missed that call by maybe 2 minutes. When *JD called back, Jay caught an attitude basically because he wasn't at her beck & call when she called his cell phone, she then decided that he couldn't see Jasmine. So of course, this upset him. Jae is very dramatic and rude. Yesterday, Jae was being her usual self, over dramatic and crying for attention. At some point over the weekend, she posted on twitter that she had supposedly "fainted." My ex-MOH asked her how she was doing and Jae responded fine. No harm, right? Wrong. Jae continues to post on twitter how JD is a " horrible father " and makes " terrible decisions especially about who he chooses to be his wife ." I saw it immediately. I sent Jae a message on Facebook explaining to her that I didn't appreciate the nasty comments on Twitter and that I honestly wish that she would stop playing games when it came to Jasmine. I told her that I was sorry that the plans that her and JD had once made ( they were expecting a baby, but due to stupid decisions that Jae made, they lost their baby and that caused their break-up ) fell through. However, making my life a living hell (another long story for another post I guess) was not going to fix anything. She then fires back at me, telling me that it's my fault that Jasmine cannot have JD in her life like she should and that I am a " homewrecking trick " ( let's keep in mind, I didn't even know him 4 years ago when they broke up ) and I should burn in hell along with my father (who recently passed in the beginning on February ). So naturally, my reaction is to fly off the handle (which I can admit that I am known to do) and I simply told her that I tried to give the benefit of the doubt and didn't want to lable her as one of those petty mothers who tries to use their child as a pawn, but apparently I was oh so wrong! I can admit that I am not completely innocent in that world war. Later on, I was texting my ex-MOH about the scenario from yesterday and we were comparing it to something that happened about a month ago (again. another long story). I did say something about the fact that I think Jae is lunatic and poor excuse for a mother who doesn't get her way. My ex-MOH starts DEFENDING Jae . WTF?!?!?!?! I'm like seriously?. My ex-MOH honor had it out, which resulting in me telling her to f*#k off and she can forget about being my maid of honor and I sure as hell don't wanna be her's (she's getting married in August). We all know that Jae is NOTORIOUS for throwing herself pitty parties and it was more than evident that my ex-MOH was the first to accept the invitation to the one that was held yesterday! Today, mutual friends are telling me that she was posting rude statuses about me on Facebook & Twitter (I blocked her on both) and on Twitter, she's apparently chatting it up with her new BFF Jae. The funny thing is, just two weeks ago, ex-MOH was bashing Jae & calling her an attention whore because of some things that she has posted on Twitter. But, they're suddenly BFF's now? lol. Ex-MOH is going to other mutual friends telling them she "can't figure out" why I asked her to step out of my wedding. Bi*ch really? lol Now, I know that I fly off at the handle a lot, but am I wrong for kicking her out? *I changed their names for privacy issues
    Posted by jhackett125[/QUOTE]
    Oh, and JIC.  This has DD written all over it.

• Let me add:

If my MOH/best friend was defending my FI's baby mama, I'd probably be a little hurt/WTF too. But, that said, did you even listen to her reasoning? It seems like she is friends with Jae also, so maybe she was just trying to stick up for the good mother side of Jae she sees, which you don't see because of all this BS with your FI now, just like you feel Jae doesn't recognize what a good father your FI is? See what I mean? I'm just speculating here, trying to help see where she was coming from, perhaps? Idk

I know you said it was "icing on the cake" so what all had your ex MOH done before than made this so bad?
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • There is so much wrong with all of this.  Based on what I'm reading, I think it's time to stop the FB and tweets.
  • Okay, that was a long one, but what I've essentially concluded here is that some people should have their internet privileges revoked.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Ok so I don't think anyone has the right to tell you if you're mature or not to get married. Secondly, people come on here and bust spell checks and "that's not how the saying goes" waaaay too often!! Thirdly. It does sound childish for u to kick out your MOH. maybe she just wanted to keep the peace between everyone. If this was the icing on the cake, you should've known to compose yourself and not let baby mama get in the way of a nearly 20year friendship.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know what else happens waaaaay too often?  People treating their friends and loved ones crappily in the name of "But it's MY DAY!!!!!"  Like inviting people to a tiered reception, for example.

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Whenever anyone's story involves "This twitter feed said THIS so I Facebooked her back only to have her put up a new status about me," I immediately think that those inolved are twelve.

You all have children.  For God's sake - learn how to be functioning, mature adults.
  • The issue I have with all of this, the little girl is not even the FI's biological daughter, so while it's nice that he still wants a relationship with her, in the legal sense, Jae or whoever, is not obligated to allow visitation, communication, etc.  It would be in your best interest to suck it up and play nice with this chick if your FI want's any kind of relationship with his pseudo-ex-step-daughter.  Luckily, it appears that you all love this kind of drama, so she's probably not likely to pick up and cut all communication, but she would be well within her rights to do so.  It sounds like it would be in everyone's best interest to grow up, look at the big picture, and act like frickin adults.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:1fc5eddb-fecc-4524-a4c5-de25f05d113d">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]The issue I have with all of this, the little girl is not even the FI's biological daughter, so while it's nice that he still wants a relationship with her, in the legal sense, Jae or whoever, is not obligated to allow visitation, communication, etc.  It would be in your best interest to suck it up and play nice with this chick if your FI want's any kind of relationship with his pseudo-ex-step-daughter.  Luckily, it appears that you all love this kind of drama, so she's probably not likely to pick up and cut all communication, but she would be well within her rights to do so.  It sounds like it would be in everyone's best interest to grow up, look at the big picture, and act like frickin adults.
    Posted by Meghannsix[/QUOTE]

This.  All of this.  Took the words right out of my mouth.

• I didn't complatin to ex-MOH's mom. She cried to her fiance and I think he told his mom who said something to her mom? anyway, it's all been sqaushed. JD explained to Jae as much as he does love Jasmine, he thinks it would be best to just walk away. There is too much drama with Jae. of course, she had a hissy fit and is back on twitter, but hey that's Jae for you!

and I did not get mad with ex-MOH because of Jae. I simply got mad because as somebody who was supposed to my friend should have had my back-even if I was wrong about how i handled the twitter drama. not be friends with a psycho broad who didn't get her way.

but it's all fine now. still not ok with th ex-MOH, like I said, this is't the first time she's burned me (my babyshower fiasco, miscarriage, and plenty of others). i'm just done now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:f837fddc-5816-4a49-b887-aead5c2af5f6">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]Completely crazy jcb.  CN = Crazy #1 is OP,  Crazy #2's is Crazy #1's fiance's ex, Crazy #3 is Crazy #1's BF/MOH.  Crazy #2 stirs up some trouble on FB and Twitter, Crazy #3 takes her side, Crazy #1 loses it and kicks Crazy #3 out of her wedding and her life. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
    Haaa!! This was great!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:d60b3196-08cb-4876-b53b-16c0fa5fcb6c">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't complatin to ex-MOH's mom. She cried to her fiance and I think he told his mom who said something to her mom? anyway, it's all been sqaushed. JD explained to Jae as much as he does love Jasmine, he thinks it would be best to just walk away. There is too much drama with Jae. of course, she had a hissy fit and is back on twitter, but hey that's Jae for you! and I did not get mad with ex-MOH because of Jae. <strong>I simply got mad because as somebody who was supposed to my friend should have had my back-even if I was wrong about how i handled the twitter drama. not be friends with a psycho broad who didn't get her way. </strong>but it's all fine now. still not ok with th ex-MOH, like I said, this is't the first time she's burned me (my babyshower fiasco, miscarriage, and plenty of others). i'm just done now.

<div>Eh, I mean I expect my friends to have my back when I've been wronged, which I guess you feel like you were, but I also appreciate when my friends can put things into perspective for me and tell me when I'm wrong. I'm thinking she took offense to your comments about Jae being a bad mother because it seems like she is Jae's friend too and she feels Jae is a good mother. She is stuck in the middle. Think about how that must feel. </div>
  • their "friendship" started when i guess ex-MOH wanted to play "peace-maker". ha. what a joke. like i said, i'm so over it. funny how she's not sending me apologetic emails trying to "make this ugly situation better" because she "really can't not have me as her MOH." lol. bye bi*ch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:71219692-28ca-4f2c-8b4d-bda65a8b5cbb">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]their "friendship" started when i guess ex-MOH wanted to play "peace-maker". ha. what a joke. like i said, i'm so over it. funny how she's not sending me apologetic emails trying to "make this ugly situation better" because she "really can't not have me as her MOH." lol. bye bi*ch.

<div>It sounds like you're totally fine with this decision to end the friendship, and that's your choice. She probably feels the same way about it. Maybe one day you guys can move past this and remember the better 18 years you had. Good luck in your planning.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:d60b3196-08cb-4876-b53b-16c0fa5fcb6c">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't complatin to ex-MOH's mom. She cried to her fiance and I think he told his mom who said something to her mom? anyway, it's all been sqaushed. JD explained to Jae as much as he does love Jasmine, he thinks it would be best to just walk away. There is too much drama with Jae. of course, she had a hissy fit and is back on twitter, but hey that's Jae for you! and I did not get mad with ex-MOH because of Jae. I simply got mad because as somebody who was supposed to my friend should have <strong>had my back-even if I was wrong</strong> about how i handled the twitter drama. not be friends with a psycho broad who didn't get her way. but it's all fine now. still not ok with th ex-MOH, like I said, this is't the first time she's burned me (my babyshower fiasco, miscarriage, and plenty of others). i'm just done now.

I always thought that great friends were the one's that could tell you that you are being crazy and that you are wrong.  They are the one's that you can trust to be truthfull with you.  Apparently that is not the type of friend you wanted. 

IMO, I would want my BFF of 18 years to tell me when I am being an idiot, crazy, or wrong.  I wouldn't want someone that would just blow wind up my a$$ to make me feel better. 

Great friends tell you the truth even if it hurts.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:d60b3196-08cb-4876-b53b-16c0fa5fcb6c">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't complatin to ex-MOH's mom. She cried to her fiance and I think he told his mom who said something to her mom? anyway, it's all been sqaushed. JD explained to Jae as much as he does love Jasmine, he thinks it would be best to just walk away. There is too much drama with Jae. of course, she had a hissy fit and is back on twitter, but hey that's Jae for you! and I did not get mad with ex-MOH because of Jae. <strong>I simply got mad because as somebody who was supposed to my friend should have had my back-even if I was wrong </strong>about how i handled the twitter drama. not be friends with a psycho broad who didn't get her way. but it's all fine now. still not ok with th ex-MOH, like I said, this is't the first time she's burned me (my babyshower fiasco, miscarriage, and plenty of others). i'm just done now.

That isn't how friendship works. When I am wrong, I would expect a friend to tell me, because friends are the people who you are safe to be honest with. A friend isn't a yes-man who agrees with you no matter what. You pretty much ended a friendship because your friend shared an opinion that she was entitled to.

And I totally agree with pp that this shouldn't even be an issue. Your FI has ZERO legal claim to this little girl. If her mom wants to have him over to see her, that is her decision or not. She can choose who sees her child and when. If your FI feels jerked around, then he can say to to her, but that's about it.
    Photobucket
  • <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:87c246b1-2d65-4f17-b974-e9397b99ef58">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>skippylouwho; it's called a typo?</strong> seriously. you act like it never happened to you when you're typing a little bit faster than what you're actually thinking. Posted by jhackett125[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. It's called a malapropism.

Teh OP is an immature idiot -- that's a typo.</p><p>For all intensive purposes, the OP is an immature idiot -- that's a malapropism.
    </p>
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:87c246b1-2d65-4f17-b974-e9397b99ef58">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]OBX2011; first of all, she should have been acting like a "best friend." even if I had handled the situation incorrectly with Jae, ex-MOH should have had MY back. considering everything that happened before. and as far as the Facebook & Twitter sutff, that's only icing on top of other problems that were created. nobody is happy about yesterday, but however, most people see why I got mad. skippylouwho; it's called a typo? seriously. you act like it never happened to you when you're typing a little bit faster than what you're actually thinking. jcbsjr & girlie1030 : there were plenty of issues before facebook & twitter were involved thank you! yesterday just takes the cake. and FYI to ALL of you , talked to ex-MOH's own mother & she even agreed that I had every reason to be disapointed in ex-MOH considering this isn't the first time she's stabbed me in the back (just nothing ever like this) and she should have been on MY side to begin with.

While I too would be disappointed if a friend didn't have "my back" so to speak, the point is that BOTH of you handled this incorrectly.  You cannot place all of the blame on her as you are the one that lost control of your emotions and ended up getting in a huge fight and thus kicking out your MOH and losing a BFF of 18 years.

FB and Twitter cause problems when people start putting their emotions online.  Your situation is the perfect example as to why people should act like adults and speak to one another via phone call or face to face and not on the internet.  Had the comment never been posted in the first place, I can guarantee that things would not have taken such a dramatic turn, thus upsetting everyone...blah blah blah.

Bottom line is that BOTH of you are wrong and apologies are due on both sides and both of you need to act like adults here. 

My question to you is this:  will you look back on your wedding day and regret that she wasn't by your side? 

ETA:  and I also agree with PP"s that sometimes your friends are there to put things in perspective for you, not kiss your ass all the time.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:71219692-28ca-4f2c-8b4d-bda65a8b5cbb">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]their "friendship" started when i guess ex-MOH wanted to play "peace-maker". ha. <strong>what a joke</strong>. like i said, <strong>i'm so over it.</strong>funny how she's not sending me apologetic emails trying to "make this ugly situation better" because she "really can't not have me as her MOH." <strong>lol. bye bi*ch.
    </strong>Posted by jhackett125[/QUOTE]

This is what makes you sound immature. 

If your response is as simple as "lol, bye biitch", then she should be grateful that the friendship is over.  I would never be that demeaning towards a friend.....even if we were in the middle of an argument.  Then again, if I have a problem with a friend, I speak to them directly about it and resolve it like an adult.

• wow, based on this story and the behavior on everyone's part, let me see if my math is correct....18 year friendship...you guys must have become friends when you were -12 for this to make any sense to me.
  • jhackett125jhackett125 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    12? ha no. we're not that old.. that's kind of insulting lol. try 3 years old in the sandbox at pre-k. went from pre-k all the way up to 10th grade together. i went to summer school to get ahead & graduated a year early. went & got ahead in college so i graduated last year, she'll graduate next spring. age doesn't matter at this point, i've seen people my mother's age (mid 40's) act completely a fool over some he said-she said!

i'm not ok ending a friendship that was basically feels like a lifetime. it honestly hurts me like losing a sister. however, i am sick of getting burned by her. i have given her soooooo many free passes over the past couple of years, that it's rdiculous! i do feel that i could have handle different parts of Monday a little bit better, but as far as cutting her off, I honestly don't think that i will regret it. I kinda feel like this weight has been lifted off my shoulders. she's already apologizing her her behavior. i did sent her an email this morning aplogizing for snapping when she started defending Jae. but i did explain to her, that that was extremely foul on her part. considering the history over the last 4 years (again, a post for another blog) that I feel it's best if she just leaves me alone. I don't want her to be my MOH and i definitely don't wanna be hers. however, i did agree to allow my oldest son to remain her ring boy (i'll send him to the wedding with my mother),.,
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_kicked-out-maid-of-honor-vent-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1a257514-60aa-46fa-8ae8-2d9169214229Post:efc8ec00-2a20-4db0-9684-eb06eb1d2d8d">Re: Kicked out Maid of Honor VENT--Kind of long</a>:
    [QUOTE]12? ha no. we're not that old.. that's kind of insulting lol. try 3 years old in the sandbox at pre-k. went from pre-k all the way up to 10th grade together. i went to summer school to get ahead & graduated a year early. went & got ahead in college so i graduated last year, she'll graduate next spring. age doesn't matter at this point, i've seen people my mother's age (mid 40's) act completely a fool over some he said-she said! i'm not ok ending a friendship that was basically feels like a lifetime. it honestly hurts me like losing a sister. however, i am sick of getting burned by her. i have given her soooooo many free passes over the past couple of years, that it's rdiculous!   i do feel that i could have handle different parts of Monday a little bit better , but as far as cutting her off, I honestly don't think that i will regret it. I kinda feel like this weight has been lifted off my shoulders. she's already apologizing her her behavior. i did sent her an email this morning aplogizing for snapping when she started defending Jae. but i did explain to her, that that was extremely foul on her part. considering the history over the last 4 years (again, a post for another blog) that I feel it's best if she just leaves me alone. I don't want her to be my MOH and i definitely don't wanna be hers. however, i did agree to allow my oldest son to remain her ring boy ( i'll send him to the wedding with my mother ),.,

Learn to read. She said -12. As in negative 12. What's hysterical is you think you're aged and wise and mature.
  • This makes me glad that all of my friends are actually adults (and act like it)...
    Anniversary
  • well excuse the hell outta me for reading that incorrectly! i swear you all are like sharks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards