Wedding Invitations & Paper

No children

I don't want to have children below a certain age at the wedding or reception.  Is it okay to ask that of my guests?  And if so, where should I put that, on the invitation?

Re: No children

• Just be prepared for some parents to be insulted and not come. You can say Adult reception to follow.. Adult cocktail and reception to follow. Something along those lines.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:bf8ccb1f-2c04-45a4-99ef-9126bfe679d6">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just be prepared for some parents to be insulted and not come. You can say Adult reception to follow.. Adult cocktail and reception to follow. Something along those lines.
    Posted by girl2bewed[/QUOTE]

Actually, writing anything along those lines is very rude.  Please DO NOT write anything like, Adults Reception or No Children Under 12.

Instead, address the envelope to those you wish to include by name.  Don't be vague and write things like 'and family' (which you aren't supposed to do anyway) and write out exactly who from the household is included.  Remember, those 18 and over get their own invitations.

And if you want to take it a step further, be specific on the response cards.  Instead of leaving the card blank for the guest to fill in, write out each card

Mr. and Mrs.  George Smith ___accepts   ____declines
    Master John Smith ___accepts  __declines

No name written is yet another indication that some children are not included.

Be prepared that if your cutoff splits a nuclear family that the family may be hurt.  Often, the cutoff can be easier if you say things like cousins only or just nieces and nephews.

Beyond that, just don't jump to the conclusion that your guests don't know how to read an invitation and use rude wording.  It's the first impression of your wedding that your guests get - and it's always best to believe that your guests know how to read.
  • I am a mother of four.  We have one child that would be allowed with your age limit, I would not have any come or I would have all come.  If it was an adults only event, I would explain that to my children, but definitely would not split them up.  Also, I don't care what etiquette says, I want you to spell it out and I don't think Adult Reception to Follow is rude.  If someone is inviting me to a wedding, I will assume you are inviting my entire family....but that is just because my favorite part is seeing the little kids on the dance floor.  So, if you aren't inviting my entire household, I want it to be pretty clear.  Because I would not want to tell my kids and then find out later that they can't go.  Then they have greater disappointment!
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:6c688db2-9ce9-4e7f-b644-91d879c45b0e">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a mother of four.  We have one child that would be allowed with your age limit, I would not have any come or I would have all come.  If it was an adults only event, I would explain that to my children, but definitely would not split them up.  Also, I don't care what etiquette says, I want you to spell it out and I don't think Adult Reception to Follow is rude. <strong> If someone is inviting me to a wedding, I will assume you are inviting my entire family</strong>....but that is just because my favorite part is seeing the little kids on the dance floor.  So, if you aren't inviting my entire household, I want it to be pretty clear.  Because I would not want to tell my kids and then find out later that they can't go.  Then they have greater disappointment!
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:6c688db2-9ce9-4e7f-b644-91d879c45b0e">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a mother of four.  We have one child that would be allowed with your age limit, I would not have any come or I would have all come.  If it was an adults only event, I would explain that to my children, but definitely would not split them up.  Also, I don't care what etiquette says, I want you to spell it out and I don't think Adult Reception to Follow is rude.  If someone is inviting me to a wedding, I will assume you are inviting my entire family....but that is just because my favorite part is seeing the little kids on the dance floor.  So, if you aren't inviting my entire household, I want it to be pretty clear.  Because I would not want to tell my kids and then find out later that they can't go.  Then they have greater disappointment!
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

So reading the names written on the invitation isn't clear to you?

Not on the invitatoin = not invited.  That IS spelling it out for you.  It's completely rude to make the assumption that your children are invited if their names aren't stated on the envelope.

That's just bad advice and really a bad way to approach any invitation that arrives in your mailbox.
  • Just put the names of the people you are inviting on the invitation. Since no children's names are listed that indicates that they are not invited.
  • I simply addressed to the adults invited and had no issues.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I like the idea of personalizing the response cards, and only addressing the envelope to the specific people I would like to attend. 

But then I worry that a couple will check the attend box (Mr. and Mrs. Smith will attend), then bring their child anyways not realizing that they were not included.  Then I would have a whole other issue of food for people I did not know would be there.

Any more thoughts or advice?

• Meh, if they bring a crasher, that's on them.  You're only responsible for the people that are invited.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Ditto.

You can handle crashers with venue staff at the door.  It's on them if they don't tell you who they're bringing.
  • I think this is a matter of personal opinion. I decided to include "adult only rception" on my RSVP cards. I made this decision because there are several children in my family and it would become quite costly to have the children present. I also did not want to invite some children and not others. I also think it is very important to be clear with your guests as to what you expectations are so that you do not have several unnaccounted children or upset parents to deal with on your special day. Also, some people need to have things spelled out for them so that there is no confusion and misunderstandings. With all of that being said...it is up to you and your family to decide how you are going to inform your potential guests that your event will be adults only whether you tell them verbally or put it in writing.

Good luck!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:c9f7ede0-b172-4922-a728-967666615cb3">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this is a matter of personal opinion. I decided to include "adult only rception" on my RSVP cards. I made this decision because there are several children in my family and it would become quite costly to have the children present. I also did not want to invite some children and not others. I also think it is very important to be clear with your guests as to what you expectations are so that you do not have several unnaccounted children or upset parents to deal with on your special day. Also, some people need to have things spelled out for them so that there is no confusion and misunderstandings. With all of that being said...it is up to you and your family to decide how you are going to inform your potential guests that your event will be adults only whether you tell them verbally or put it in writing. Good luck!!
    Posted by ajt04c[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely a matter of personal opinion on whether or not you want to include children at the wedding.

However, HOW you do that is not a matter of opinion.  There is a right and wrong way to convey that message.  Writing anything about who you are excluding (and that includes wording like 'adults only') is simply not appropriate etiquette.
  •  In response to Banana468.....
    <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:c8fc98aa-1e62-4501-9106-dd51a3a3e985">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No children : It's absolutely a matter of personal opinion on whether or not you want to include children at the wedding. However, HOW you do that is not a matter of opinion.  There is a right and wrong way to convey that message.  Writing anything about who you are excluding (and that includes wording like 'adults only') is simply not appropriate etiquette.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Have you written any published literature on wedding etiquette??? Im sure you have not, therefore, your thoughts are only OPINIONS just as mine and everyone else's. Im sure the young lady asking for advice wanted different points of view when she posted her question and I provided her with mine. I have read several other posts in which you have also rudely provided your opinions and quite frankly your rude attitude and disrespectful tone is not necessary. There is not right and wrong when it comes to matters of OPINION. Just as you may be able to find supporting literature regarding your point of view, there is also supporting documentation indicating that it is important to be upfront with your guests so that there is no confusion.

Once again, there is no need to respond with rude or distasteful commentary dear...after all its just a message board ;)
  • I am not having any children at my wedding... even excluding my own God Kids... Its what I want.  I like some other will put "Adult Only Reception" on invitiations.

Cheers to doing what you want on your big day.  Leave the word "should" out of any sentence and I think it will go great.

Cheers.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:7a1f9809-dc8a-4f21-addd-56ba041197f5">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE] In response to Banana468..... Re: No children : Have you written any published literature on wedding etiquette??? Im sure you have not, therefore, your thoughts are only OPINIONS just as mine and everyone else's. Im sure the young lady asking for advice wanted different points of view when she posted her question and I provided her with mine. I have read several other posts in which you have also rudely provided your opinions and quite frankly your rude attitude and disrespectful tone is not necessary. There is not right and wrong when it comes to matters of OPINION. Just as you may be able to find supporting literature regarding your point of view, there is also supporting documentation indicating that it is important to be upfront with your guests so that there is no confusion. Once again, there is no need to respond with rude or distasteful commentary dear...after all its just a message board ;)
    Posted by ajt04c[/QUOTE]

I never responded in a rude or distasteful way.  The only thing that seems even slightly rude to me is the way you just responded to my post.  I found it rather rude and condescending.

No, I never wrote a book on etiquette.  I've just read a ton of well-established sources.  ALL say that it's not appropriate to write who you are excluding anywhere within the contents of the invitation.

Addressing the invitation to those you're inviting IS being up front with them.

If guests respond for more than were invited, yes you have to correct them but it's THEIR mistake.  I'd rather have to call to correct then be rude and assume the worst before I give them a chance.

Etiquette isn't a matter of opinion.  These are well-established social laws.  You can disagree with them but that doesn't mean that disagreeing suddenly means you're correct.  There's a right and wrong way here and writing who you are excluding is never the right way.  It's akin to a child walking around in class saying, "I'm having a birthday party but you're not invited."  He doesn't need to invite the entire class but you don't want to tell the people who aren't invited that there will be no invitation in their book bags after school.  The same holds as you plan one of the most (if not THE) important social events of your life.

If you don't like how I post then that's fine.  But I wasn't condescending or rude or patronizing to you and you were all three of those things to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:82fadbc1-b7ce-4ec2-a908-1f4384887298">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not having any children at my wedding... even excluding my own God Kids... Its what I want.  I like some other will put "Adult Only Reception" on invitiations. Cheers to doing what you want on your big day.  Leave the word "should" out of any sentence and I think it will go great. Cheers.
    Posted by luckytobehisforever[/QUOTE]

Cheers to doing what you want on your big day:) Same here!!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:7298f907-8fc3-4e0f-8e9e-72c4ee23782d">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No children : I never responded in a rude or distasteful way.  The only thing that seems even slightly rude to me is the way you just responded to my post.  I found it rather rude and condescending. No, I never wrote a book on etiquette.  I've just read a ton of well-established sources.  ALL say that it's not appropriate to write who you are excluding anywhere within the contents of the invitation. Addressing the invitation to those you're inviting IS being up front with them. If guests respond for more than were invited, yes you have to correct them but it's THEIR mistake.  I'd rather have to call to correct then be rude and assume the worst before I give them a chance. Etiquette isn't a matter of opinion.  These are well-established social laws.  You can disagree with them but that doesn't mean that disagreeing suddenly means you're correct.  There's a right and wrong way here and writing who you are excluding is never the right way.  It's akin to a child walking around in class saying, "I'm having a birthday party but you're not invited."  He doesn't need to invite the entire class but you don't want to tell the people who aren't invited that there will be no invitation in their book bags after school.  The same holds as you plan one of the most (if not THE) important social events of your life. If you don't like how I post then that's fine.  But I wasn't condescending or rude or patronizing to you and you were all three of those things to me.

No you are not just rude...you are extremely rude. This is not just my personal opinion, as I have read several other posts in which other women have felt that your comments are highly rude and offensive. It seems as if it is very important for you to feel noteworthy and knowledgeable however that is not the purpose of this message board. Your OPINION is not the only opinion there is. This should be a safe space for EVERYONE to speak their minds without being rudley countered by you and you commentary.

What ever happend to agreeing to disagree??? I am not going to go back and forth with you on this so good luck to you and remember...if you don't have anything positive or enlightening to say...maybe you shouldnt say anything at all.
  • There are some things that are not a matter of opinion.  You can be of the opinion that the sun revolves around the earth, but saying, "It's my opinion, you don't have to agree" doesn't make you any less wrong.

Banana's the nicest person I know.  You, on the other hand, are being appallingly rude.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:c2002786-ad0b-4e8c-9753-b1b2ff2bd4ba">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No children : No you are not just rude...you are extremely rude. This is not just my personal opinion, as I have read several other posts in which other women have felt that your comments are highly rude and offensive. It seems as if it is very important for you to feel noteworthy and knowledgeable however that is not the purpose of this message board. Your OPINION is not the only opinion there is. This should be a safe space for EVERYONE to speak their minds without being rudley countered by you and you commentary. What ever happend to agreeing to disagree??? I am not going to go back and forth with you on this so good luck to you and remember...if you don't have anything positive or enlightening to say...maybe you shouldnt say anything at all.
    Posted by ajt04c[/QUOTE]

I do disagree.

I disagree that I was rude.  Please point out to me where I was rude in this post.  I'd really like to see that.  I've expressed both my opinion and what is correct etiquette (they are two different things) without being insulting or resorting to personal attacks.

I think that what I said WAS enlightening.  Some people may not be up on their etiquette.  Not everyone pays attention to the rules until they're planning a large scale event.  It only makes sense that when people come to a forum, there are questions on what the right thing to do is.

However I'd be remiss to say that the right thing is what you and what other PPs have suggested.  That's not correct - and writing things like 'adults only' is incorrect etiquette.  You can choose not to follow etiquette but others should at least be aware of what the correct etiquette is for the situation if they want to follow it.

I'm aware that my opinion isn't the only one and if you want to debate the matter I'd love to.

However this forum IS to give advice and to help others make choices in how they plan their weddings.  Advice may not be what you want to hear but hopefully it's reviewed and those requesting it reflect upon it prior to making any decisions.

And again, I'm not trying to be bitter with you but you seem exceedingly harsh with me.  Again, I'm not sure why.  We can agree to disagree but why attack me?
  • As I previously stated, I will not go back and forth with you, as this matter is definitely not a priority to me. We can certainly agree to disagree on several matters, such as what being rude entails. You were not personally attacked, you were just served the same rudeness and attitude that you give others and I guess that was unexpected. So to banana and company...good luck to you both:)

• megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Oh snap, somebody had the gall to call Banana rude? Clearly, we're in Bizarro World, because Banana is one of the most polite, classy people on the planet.

Anyway, OP,  putting "Adults Only" is rude, but there is nothing wrong with not inviting kids if you don't want them there.

According to Emily Post (Who I believe we can all agree is a "reliable source" in the ettiquette dept) the proper way to convey whether or not children are invited goes like this:

"The inner envelope bears the title and last names of the specific people invited. This allows the host to be very clear about who is invited, and by omission, who is not invited. It's also fine to write familiar names for close family: Aunt Martha and Uncle Bill. For example, the inner envelope for Mr. and Mrs. James Darling and the two Darling children Sarah and Johnathan would be:
    Mr. and Mrs. Darling
    Sarah Darling
    James Darling"

So if you don't want children, just don't add their names. If somebody RSVPs for little Johnny or Susy, you just need to call them up and politely explain that the invite was addressed to just Mommy and Daddy, and that they are the only people you are reserving seats for from that household.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:7775dff0-426b-4980-9c58-6d16ec320ba6">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]As I previously stated, I will not go back and forth with you, as this matter is definitely not a priority to me. We can certainly agree to disagree on several matters, such as what being rude entails. You were not personally attacked, you were just served the same rudeness and attitude that you give others and I guess that was unexpected. So to banana and company...good luck to you both:)
    Posted by ajt04c[/QUOTE]

I want to apologize if my request to point out where I was rude was interpreted in an accusatory or 'holier than though' sort of manner.  I'm honestly curious about where I was rude.  I don't want to be so I'd like to know where others think I'm being rude so I can try to correct that.

We do seem to agree on one matter:  Being rude is certainly not a good thing and it's not looked upon favorably by anyone.

So with that, why are you admitting that you were rude to me?  That seems to be a "but Mom, she started it!" sort of reasoning.   I'm seriously trying not to be rude, so I'm not sure why you think it's OK to be rude to me.
  • Once again, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and I realize that everyone is entitled to post what they wish. I most certainly cannot speak for anyone other than myself, however, your methods in trying to prove your points are quite rude in my opinion. For instance, you may have a difference of opinion than me but that does not mean that you have to quote my statement and point out everything that you think is incorrect about it. When people request advice on these boards I am assuming that they would like more than one person's perspective. By no means did I say that my perspective is the right way to go but I simply provided my input, as you did. Hence my previous statement of agreeing to disagree. I have also read several different posts while doing my wedding research and I have read other rude comments that you have made in an effort to prove your point. You stated that I was being condescending to you, however I also think that it is condescending of you to try to teach me a lesson between what is "right and wrong," about wedding etiquette when it is actually a matter of personal choice. I would also like to apologize for being rude to you, as being rude is most certainly not favorable, however, I do think that we must speak to others as we would like to be spoken to and I was offended by the way you approached things initially.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:6bbf66b3-4240-4e6c-a46f-cee835249493">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]Once again, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and I realize that everyone is entitled to post what they wish. I most certainly cannot speak for anyone other than myself, however, your methods in trying to prove your points are quite rude in my opinion. For instance, you may have a difference of opinion than me but that does not mean that you have to quote my statement and point out everything that you think is incorrect about it. When people request advice on these boards I am assuming that they would like more than one person's perspective. By no means did I say that my perspective is the right way to go but I simply provided my input, as you did. Hence my previous statement of agreeing to disagree. I have also read several different posts while doing my wedding research and I have read other rude comments that you have made in an effort to prove your point. You stated that I was being condescending to you, however I also think that it is condescending of you to try to teach me a lesson between what is "right and wrong," about wedding etiquette when it is actually a matter of personal choice. I would also like to apologize for being rude to you, as being rude is most certainly not favorable, however, I do think that we must speak to others as we would like to be spoken to and I was offended by the way you approached things initially.
    Posted by ajt04c[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm sorry if you think I was rude in other threads.   I can be blunt but I apologize if you think I was rude.

And when I quote, it's not meant as finger pointing.  As a thread gets long, I'll quote so it helps others to understand to whom I am responding.  Otherwise I know I'll start to read a thread and wonder to myself, "Who is this poster talking to??".  

I think we can certainly agree to disagree.  I think my main point of contention is that I'm a big fan of etiquette (can you tell? :-)  ) and in just about all cases, following etiquette is social law and the correct way to do something.   Not following etiquette means that you're doing something that isn't technically correct.

I understand that not everyone follows etiquette and that doing so isn't the priority for everyone.  For example, I don't like dollar dances and they're not proper etiquette.  However I know that in some social circles they can be a custom.  That doesn't mean that by having the dance, one is following proper etiquette but they are following the norm for their circle and their circle agrees with it.

That's the best example I can come up with at the moment.  Unfortunately I'm typing this just after midnight and I'm surprised that Chiquitabanana is letting me stay up  so late!

Best to you - no hard feelings. 
  • A suggestion I came across on another board might be of assistance:
    In addition to personalizing the RSVP (Mrs & Mrs Smith will/will not attend)  they had something along the lines of "We have 2 seats reseved for you."  I figure it just doesn't get much clearler than that!

Of course if someone is hellbent on bringing their minor to a cocktail reception, y'all will have something to talk about for years!!!

Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited August 2010
    I too am having an adult reception. On my RSVP cards I plan to put:

M________________________
    We have reserved _x_seat(s) in your honor
    ___of _x_ attending

(I write in the # of seats reserved and the # of guests in the 2nd blank) 
    It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • It is completely not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of proper social etiquette. If you wish to be rude on your invitations, by all means, that's your decision.

But don't think it's not rude.

I'm not having kids at my wedding either. I settled this by personalizing my reply cards with the names of those invited along with how many seats are reserved for these guests. Not one person has replied with any additional people. Nowhere did I mention "Adult Ceremony" because not only does it look tacky (my opinion), but it's socially inappropriate (fact). See the difference?

Banana was not rude, she was informative.
    planning

• Thanks Jano :-)

And PP, be careful with saying "X seats reserved".  It can open the door to substitute a child as a guest when one half a couple can't make it.
  • For idiot-proofing, I tend to prefer:

John Doe __will __will not attend
    Jane Doe __will __will not attend

No room for writing in their own, no room for substitutions, no room for error.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9dfc1c49-fcfd-4868-8109-1895e3bf60b1Post:d5f46646-a0bf-4564-b80c-e6be27ea0384">Re: No children</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Jano :-) And PP, be careful with saying "X seats reserved".  It can open the door to substitute a child as a guest when one half a couple can't make it.

Yes, I'm aware of that. That's why I'm planning on also writing out the names of who actually is invited on the RSVP itself above the "reserved # seats". Such as Mr. & Mrs. John Smith.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards