New York

Wedding Dress

I don't know about all of you but getting my dress was the most exciting part about planning so far! I thought I'd do a poll but feel free to throw in details.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress

• edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten my dress yet, but have narrowed it down to 3... one at DB and 2 at NYB. 

I am waiting for my mom to come up and visit so we can share the whole mother-daughter dress shopping experience... I am the only girl in the family and I know it is something that will be special to her...

HOWEVER... she isn't planning on coming up until October... and I warned her that she better hurry up or I may end up getting married in my jammies!  Haha!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    One is Oleg Cassini CT 314... the picture is not awesome... hahaha
    What I loved about this one is that the front is very plain... all eyes are on the brides face and smile... no "bedazzling" or bling on the front... BUT as you walk past your guests down the aisle... WOW!  The train is amazing... so gorgeous.
    The second is Casablanca 1859... the front has more detail... but again the train is gorgeous!
    For some crazy reason, the #1 priority for me regarding my dress is the train... weird, huh?  I don't really care too much what the front looks like... I would prefer pretty simple... but I want the train to be nothing short of spectacular!!

I can't remember my third choice... it's another casablanca, but I don't remember the style #.  It is similar to 1859.

Check out my planning bio below on the ladies page... I posted a few pics.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Let me know what you think, please!!! I am totally open to ideas and suggestions!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    They are both beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes it is (and sadly, also not the best picture either).  That's it though... very simple with flattering ruching down both sides.  Slight drop waist.  I am also pretty petite, so the shape is a little different.  Lastly, either dress I decide on, I will be going with white (wityh silver threading)... the details definitely "pop" much more.
    What do you think?
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
    You know,  I have been shopping the bridal consignments websites like crazy and I am absolutely amazed to see how many ivory dresses are up for grabs... I just can't believe it!  I want white white white... real white... not off white or diamond white or any of the other 5 million different shades of off white... haha!
    I am glad there is someone else out there who is looking for a white wedding dress!  Yay!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is ivory. White makes me look like a cancer patient.
  • edited December 2011
    LMAO!  I hear ya!  White can definitely make certain skin tones look ghostly... good choice for you!  =)  Your dress, by the way, is beautiful! 
    I can't wait to see the rehaersal dress pics either!  Too cute.
    Also, I am going with the same idea for my bridesmaids as you... here is the color (I chose floor length)... now go crazy!  I want them to be comfortable and feel super awesome too!  I have talked to so many other brides that are afraid to let go of that little bit of control... I like your decision!
    Also, (totally off subject) your parasol turned out AWESOME!!!  great work!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    lol/// well... good buy then... way cute! 
    Online Garage Sale
  • colette24colette24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at your website to see what hangers people were referring to.  I am so impressed with your organizational skills!  I wish I could be so on top of things.  I just can't find time to get it all done.  Were getting married in April and now I'm a bit scared.
  • edited December 2011
    Libordke22--
    I second that. 
    Colette24--
    Believe me, I am way short on time myself (work full time days, go to nursing school full time nights) but that is why being organized- BEFORE diving headfirst into tasks is so important. 
    I would be happy to help any way I can... just let me know.  This is my first (and only) go-around at the whole wedding planning thing and I want to do a knock-out job... so I am putting just as much effort into planning the details as I am actually carrying out my plans. 
    I have gathered so much information from fellow knotties and other various websites to help me out.  There are so many awesome brides out there who have come up with amazingly creative ideas... I just feel like I am SO NOT alone in this endeavor.
    I want to savor every second of my engagement... the planning process... everything.  I don't look at planning and organizing as a chore... it is fun and exciting to ivestigate all the different possibilities out there... (not to mention that a little bit of planning beforehand ususally sabes hours of chaos during the process)
    and I have to hand it to my fiancee... he is amazing and totally into this whole wedding thing (which I know many guys are not).  He checks out websites with me, trials different centerpieces, colors, ideas, experiments, you name it.
    He has made this whole experience just plain fun!
    If you need any help, I am here... and so are many other girls on these boards.  This can be fun and exciting... it is what you make it!!!  But trust me, the planning and organization is worth the effort!!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    PS... I forgot to mention that I am totally flattered, by the way... thank you so much!!!  And please let me know if there is any way I can help you out.  My email is kevinandmonica2011@yahoo.com

Best of luck and happy planning!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:85572fed-7aea-499b-80c7-4295b18d3537Post:b664b073-7386-4601-86a9-64bb3bbfd86c">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]LMAO!  I hear ya!  White can definitely make certain skin tones look ghostly... good choice for you!  =)  Your dress, by the way, is beautiful!  I can't wait to see the rehaersal dress pics either!  Too cute. Also, I am going with the same idea for my bridesmaids as you... here is the color (I chose floor length)... now go crazy!  I want them to be comfortable and feel super awesome too!  I have talked to so many other brides that are afraid to let go of that little bit of control... I like your decision! Also, (totally off subject) your parasol turned out AWESOME!!!  great work!
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Haha, no offense taken!

I'm really laid back with my BMs. They have even gotten frustrated me beacuse I'm "not giving them enough direction." I guess they wanted to know what kind of shoes to buy and what their hair should look like. In all honesty? I don't care what's on their feet and their hair should suit each of them!

I had fun making the parasol though it was a good amount of work. I see why people charge so much for them!
  • edited December 2011
    Going back to NY Bride tonight to try on a few again.  However, I have to go to Rochester on Tuesday to try on a dress I can't find anywhere around here.  After that I think I may be making a decision Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:85572fed-7aea-499b-80c7-4295b18d3537Post:ee528f79-68e7-45de-8143-d9a9587b98a8">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Going back to NY Bride tonight to try on a few again.  However, I have to go to Rochester on Tuesday to try on a dress I can't find anywhere around here.  After that I think I may be making a decision
    Posted by acmj11[/QUOTE]

What dress are you trying on in Rochester?
  • edited December 2011
    It's called Blushing Bride.  I'm going there specifically because they have the dress Brielle (Maggie Sottero, if you'd like to take a look).  I'm pumped because they have the sample in white!  I'm going back to NY Bride to try on Chardonnay, Christina, and Monalisa Royale for my mom and FMIL tonight.  They are all by Maggie Sottero.  If you go to the website you can click on collections and type in the name rather than searching through all ten zillion gowns.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!

Can I make a suggestion? Keep an open mind! The dress I ended up picking I vetoed on the hanger. My mom pushed me to try it on anyway and I LOVE it. I thought I wanted either a Maggie or Casablanca dress but hated the way they looked on me.

One of those dresses could end up being perfect but you may fall in love with something completely different.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:85572fed-7aea-499b-80c7-4295b18d3537Post:1aa917b5-2445-4273-be47-cb3c0dcc576a">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gorgeous! Can I make a suggestion? Keep an open mind! The dress I ended up picking I vetoed on the hanger. My mom pushed me to try it on anyway and I LOVE it. I thought I wanted either a Maggie or Casablanca dress but hated the way they looked on me. One of those dresses could end up being perfect but you may fall in love with something completely different.
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

Haha!  I totally I agree... the first dress I fell in love with I thought looked awful both in pictures and on the hanger.  But I thought "what the heck, I'm a good sport... I'll try on anything" and then I fell in love with it.

I have found that if I tell the assistant at the store what I am looking for, they have really been able to bring me dresses to try on that I never would have picked out myself... and they are pretty right on.  These girls really know their stuff!

Definitely keep an open mind... it's amazing what is out there that you never would have picked right off the bat.  Can't wait to hear about your choice!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    I tried dresses on all over the place in Baltimore and found one at each store I liked... It was a nightmare trying to decide because many of the palces wouldn't let you take pictures so comparing when you weren't in them was impossible. I called NY Bride and they had several of the styles I was looking at. I went with my mom and sister and they helped me narrow it down. I didn't go with ANY of the ones I thought. I finally chose Paloma Blanca 4062 in Diamond white. It was what I had always wanted... simple, flattering cut, with a little flower touch! The pockets were just a bonus! I can't wait to wear it. The picture on the website is more retro than what I am going with. I am getting a single layer finger tip veil to accent it.

Acmj11- I love the styles you are looking at! Can't wait to see what you deicde on!

Monica- The dresses you picked are super pretty too. I vote the CT 314... super pretty!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    kkozlo2 I tried on dresses that were very similar!  I love that one, it's awesome that it has pockets.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Monica- I like both of those!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Tough choice, but hopefully my mom will help out when she comes to visit!
    Online Garage Sale
  • kariannecarrkariannecarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress on eBay from a small dress company for super cheap. It's beautiful, simple, and I feel good in it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards